[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
warranty problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: msr_miniworks.jpg (40 KB, 384x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
msr_miniworks.jpg
40 KB, 384x450
need you to weigh in on this /out/

i have had the msr miniworks for 3 years with zero problems. recently however, i was being a lazy faggot and instead of sanitizing after a backpacking trip by boiling the pieces, i stuck the chamber and pump head in the microwave for 1 min and walked away.

well there was a little plastic-y thing in the pump that melted and now the pump is ruined. i was reading over the warranty on this and it said its not covered by misuse or improper handling/maintenance. however, i tried searching for a pump head on ebay and amazon but i cant find the piece.

should i make up some bs to try to have this repaired by MSR or should i ask them if they will sell me a separate pump head? im afraid they wont want to sell me a pump head and ill be out of a water filter/$70
>>
>>812494
You tightass fuck. 3 years, and it shits itself because of your stupidity, and you won't just spend the $70 on a new one?
>>
>>812494
Send it in they might fix it. What do you have to lose?

Also you could just use it as a gravity fed filter if the pump thingy still lets water through.

But yea I am like destitute poor but 3 years from a 70 dollar water filter is pretty good just buy a new one. Hell my replacement cartridges are 40 bucks.
>>
>>812537
nah man, this shit could have lasted longer. im poor as shit at the moment. i guess ill just ask them to sell me the pump
>>812540
it wont work as a gravity filter, it needs pressure. i tried
>>
>>812547
If you're poor the one thing you can't afford to be is careless. Take better care of your stuff anon.
>>
>>812494
Try the truth. It worked for me. I asked MSR customer service if I could buy the little wire wrapped pre-filter for a gravity filter project I was working on. I told them (honestly) that I own a MiniWorks filter, but the part was not going to be used on it. They sent it to me at no charge and even paid postage. Nice people. Good luck.
>>
>>812615

W I S D O M
>>
>>812494
>Hay guise help me scam this company because I'm a fucking moron

Yeah,no.
>>
>>812494
>>812712
The truth is always the best option.

I broke a connection nipple off my Katahdin Hiker filter a while back. Called up Cascade Designs hoping to buy a new part, but they sent a new housing for free even though it was my fault for being too rough with it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at imagescucc@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.