[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
warranty problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: msr_miniworks.jpg (40 KB, 384x450) Image search: [Google]
msr_miniworks.jpg
40 KB, 384x450
need you to weigh in on this /out/

i have had the msr miniworks for 3 years with zero problems. recently however, i was being a lazy faggot and instead of sanitizing after a backpacking trip by boiling the pieces, i stuck the chamber and pump head in the microwave for 1 min and walked away.

well there was a little plastic-y thing in the pump that melted and now the pump is ruined. i was reading over the warranty on this and it said its not covered by misuse or improper handling/maintenance. however, i tried searching for a pump head on ebay and amazon but i cant find the piece.

should i make up some bs to try to have this repaired by MSR or should i ask them if they will sell me a separate pump head? im afraid they wont want to sell me a pump head and ill be out of a water filter/$70
>>
>>812494
You tightass fuck. 3 years, and it shits itself because of your stupidity, and you won't just spend the $70 on a new one?
>>
>>812494
Send it in they might fix it. What do you have to lose?

Also you could just use it as a gravity fed filter if the pump thingy still lets water through.

But yea I am like destitute poor but 3 years from a 70 dollar water filter is pretty good just buy a new one. Hell my replacement cartridges are 40 bucks.
>>
>>812537
nah man, this shit could have lasted longer. im poor as shit at the moment. i guess ill just ask them to sell me the pump
>>812540
it wont work as a gravity filter, it needs pressure. i tried
>>
>>812547
If you're poor the one thing you can't afford to be is careless. Take better care of your stuff anon.
>>
>>812494
Try the truth. It worked for me. I asked MSR customer service if I could buy the little wire wrapped pre-filter for a gravity filter project I was working on. I told them (honestly) that I own a MiniWorks filter, but the part was not going to be used on it. They sent it to me at no charge and even paid postage. Nice people. Good luck.
>>
>>812615

W I S D O M
>>
>>812494
>Hay guise help me scam this company because I'm a fucking moron

Yeah,no.
>>
>>812494
>>812712
The truth is always the best option.

I broke a connection nipple off my Katahdin Hiker filter a while back. Called up Cascade Designs hoping to buy a new part, but they sent a new housing for free even though it was my fault for being too rough with it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.