[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primitive Technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
Primitive Technology does it again
Pic related
https://youtu.be/qEUGOyjewD4
>>
Based
>>
>>807328
He makes it look so easy, but god damn it would take forever to get that much grass.
>>
File: void with pure skill.gif (4 MB, 640x270) Image search: [Google]
void with pure skill.gif
4 MB, 640x270
>two hours ago
>over one hundred thousand views
The absolute fucking madman
>>
>>807328
>he hasn't smelted iron yet
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1462042591460.png (47 KB, 463x748) Image search: [Google]
1462042591460.png
47 KB, 463x748
>>807429
>RIP Backtrack
>>
>he has almost 2M subscribers already
That dude must have been tapping some top tier ass by now. Lucky fuck.
>>
>>807429
That's insane. That means a lot of people have subscription alerts on their phones and watch it almost as soon as they get it. It's what I did. And the fact that he has almost 2mil subscribers and doesn't talk means he really hit something that a lot of us probably didn't even know we wanted.
>>807445
Probably in his awesome house he made. That's got to be some awesome sex.
>>
File: scared comfy pepe.jpg (55 KB, 355x353) Image search: [Google]
scared comfy pepe.jpg
55 KB, 355x353
>3 hours
>216,748 views
holllyyyy fucckkkkkkkkk
>>
File: sweating ghost.gif (101 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
sweating ghost.gif
101 KB, 500x513
>>807450
>tell her you can make a grass hut and survive effectively in the Australian woods
>her [spoiler]primitive[/spoiler] brain kicks in and she becomes magnetically attracted to you
>>
File: 1463619889056.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1463619889056.gif
14 KB, 416x416
>>807430
I think he was talking about it. I'd be stoked to see it.
>>
>>807453
How hot are the women that are into the kind of stuff he does? They surely aren't the fancy ones that a footballer or actor would fuck. Tbh he his not a good looking guy.
>>
>>807461
Pics of you. Pics of your life.
>>
>>807453
By primitive brain I'm assuming that his ability to be self sufficient, resourceful and provide for her is what's attractive. Women unconsciously look for a man that can provide for her when she's pregnant and to help take care of the children.
The drive for some women to produce offspring is so strong that they will want more kids even after having been through the whole process with a lot of pain at the end.
I think lol
>>
>>807461
They probably would if they were stranded with him after a plane crash.
>>
>>807450
evyerone watches PT. The 14yo kids I teach watch him. My coworkers watch him. i'd bet he hasn't even cracked an international audience yet either.
>>
>>807461
>fancy ones

You mean ones who shovel on makeup, dye their hair, wear color-changing contacts, paint their nails, shave their armpits & crotch, and 7/10 times have breast implants?

Yeah, normally those types are not innawoods.
>>
>>807464
Sorry that I offended your internet boyfriend.

>>807488
>shave their armpits & crotch
So for you women are not supposed to do this?
>>
overtime he uploads a new vid it sends a message to my phone...I have watched the tiled roof hut video at least 30 times.
>>
>>807484
Of course he has. He's an Aussie and I'm a murican and I watch him.
>>807536
That's such an amazing build.
>>
>>807495
>So for you women are not supposed to do this?

I don't, why would they do it? Sandpaper isn't fun to fuck or have rub up against you under the covers.
>>
>>807461
>Tbh he his not a good looking guy

>normal to average looking
>FIT
>Survivalist hobby

I've seen worst get more. His only downside might be if he's shy. Otherwise I'd image he'd get any women.
>>
>>807551
or maybe he doesn't give a shit
>>
File: Comfy pepe.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
Comfy pepe.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
New PT videos are the best days of the month.
>>
>>807461
>Tbh he is not a good looking guy

Whats wrong with him? He looks pretty average, he's fit and is a masetrace survivalist and outdoorsman. His only downside is he gives the impression of being a manlet but I could be wrong, never seen him with another human so I dont have a sense of scale.
>>
>>807461
>Tbh he his not a good looking guy

The fuck? He's v handsome (full homo). Plus he's Australian. Guarantee if he went to the states he could pull literally any female. Girls in Aus probs admire his aesthetic lifestyle too.
>>
So does he own that block of bush or what? Whereabouts do you have to be to have that psuedo-rainforest type environment?
>>
File: 117930481.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
117930481.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
>>807644

That doesn't say much. All women (or just people in general) are curious for exoticism and foreign cultures. If I traveled to Ausland and wasn't mugged/killed by Abos immediately upon arrival, I'd wager my bottom dollar that people would take interest in my accent and background.

I had a teacher who went to Ireland once to visit the old castles, and one evening he went to a pub to relax. He told us that he hardly spent money there because everyone was buying him rounds, just to listen to him speak and tell his stories of his time in America. He said he had a fun time.
>>
>>807656
I can still barely understand irish gibberish.. Idk how people go there and expect to understand anyone. God damn its like the 'French' part of Louisiana. Its some form of retarded English.
>>
>>807656
Hahah don't think so m8. Yanks are widely seen as loud and obnoxious tourists (not saying you will be). But a Kiwi or Aussie in the US has far greater potential than a Yank in Aus/NZ. We don't really care about you guys as much as you think.
>>
>>807662
Idk what kind of shit you're spewing. Most aussies ive ever dealt with love americans. If not for the shear fact we are still allowed firearms.
>>
>>807656

>those convict peasants would totally dig my accent!

LOL nope. Maybe if you were a kraut or swiss or something, but if you have a US or UK accent, nobody gives a damn, and are just some tourist or jobsnatcher in our minds.
>>
anyone know if this lad posts on /out/? I wouldn't be surprised if he did, perhaps he just hides it.
>>
>>807662
Speak for yourself. The last time I was in NZ, every town I walked through held a small festival for me.
>>
>>807705

Cool story bro. More like

>The last time I was in NZ, people were so awkward there was some smelly burger beta in front of them that they praised me for me accent, which was only one better than mentioning the weather.

Anyone with expectations they can come to AUS or NZ and get laid because of their accent, theres 318 million of you, you arent special or anywhere near the first yank whos tried to get some tail there, theres a under 27 mil of us combined, we are actually exotic when we travel abroad.
>>
File: 1462607281581.png (116 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462607281581.png
116 KB, 320x240
>>807476
>Women unconsciously look for a man
>unconsciously look for a man
>unconsciously
>mfw i unconsciously look for a woman
>>
>>807445
>lucky
>>
>>807551
he puts out videos of himself to about 2 million people, if not a lot more
I doubt he is "shy" just because he doesnt talk in them
>>
>>807713
>we are actually exotic when we travel abroad.

This isn't the 80s anymore where everyone thinks you all look like Paul Hogan.
>>
>>807551
You don't know if he's shy or not. His thing is not to talk on video and he explains why.
>>807649
Read his stuff he explains all this. It's his friend's land.
>>
>>807713
It isn't because we are exotic. It is because we have massive dicks.
>>
>>807809
>>807754
>>807588

I added the possibility that he could be shy because it might seem like a red flag combo to women.

>"I-I'm a bit shy,
>So I do all this survival stuff far from civilized society
>D-do you wanna come in my man hut?"

But if he's not shy then he should totally roll with it.
>"Hey babe, come in my man hut."
>>
>>807620
He said he is 170 cm(5'5), so he is a manlet
>>
>>807450
>And the fact that he has almost 2mil subscribers and doesn't talk means he really hit something that a lot of us probably didn't even know we wanted.

You're watching a guy build something pretty substantial out of sticks and stones. There's an artisanal quality to it, as well as a piqued curiosity and appreciation for his ingenuity.

I'd say the fact that he doesn't speak at all adds to the quality of it. Makes it somehow more therapeutic.
>>
>>807461
>>807461
the women that are into that stuff are usually super hot.

invariably they're fit, have a lot of useful skills and don't over-do it on the makeup if they wear any. they usually end up appearing more feminine because they'll actually wear dresses instead of the weird shit women usually wear

that's just my limited experience
>>
>>808363
>the women that are into that stuff are usually super hot.

lol no and certainly not for the reason you are giving
>>
How long would a hut like that last?
>>
File: ray mears and bear grylls.jpg (306 KB, 1280x957) Image search: [Google]
ray mears and bear grylls.jpg
306 KB, 1280x957
>>807328
Someone needs to add a third panel to this picture of him. Preferable with a space shuttle made from clay and charcoal fueled nacelles.
>>
>>807484
Im european and I watch him.
>>
>>808483
That depends on the environment, level of use, fauna, and weather.

So, anywhere from a day to a couple months.
>>
>>807484
Consider the fact that you don't even have to speak a particular language to learn from his videos.
>Consider suicide.
>>
must have tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FkxiInae8
>>
>>808518
Too bad Ray no longer does survival or Bush craft and just does tourism stuff for Australia and Canada.
>>
>>807461
>desu he is not a good looking guy.
Fucking breeders REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>807461
>>
the comments on the video are so weird, especially when they talk about africans in africa. like??? I have cousins who are 8 that live part time in these kinds of buildingsand construct them. Why do people think africans need help making huts as though its not common knowledge of rural peoples?
>>
>>808801
His mud hut has central heating though, Africans can't into central heating.
>>
>>808357
>I'd say the fact that he doesn't speak at all adds to the quality of it

Yeah, I wasn't bashing him for not speaking.
>>808518
I'd pay to see this.
>>808866
Kek, his hut he built dicking around in the bush is better furnished than Africans doing it for millennia.
>>
What amazes me it's how he hasn't started promoting gear or some shit like every single channel does. If dudes with 100k subs make nice money from it, I imagine he could make some sweet cash too.
Then maybe he could buy some shoes.
>>
>>808866
>>809641

You don't need central heat in equatorial regions
>>
>>808518
the amount of time it would take one to do this in illustrator just for a simple kekle between strangers. its way out of my pay grade. to make it match the rest of the image, would take like a total of 4 hours in illustrator.
>>
>>809748
or a toothbrush so he wouldn't be alone
>>
I wonder if the stuff he builds rots very fast

I mean with the subtropical climate in that place
>>
I feel like one of the only people that doesn't really watch his stuff. Yeah, it's interesting in its way and I do enjoy the format of no talking and short-ish length, but at the same time I prefer to actually get out and do this on my own.

This stuff kind of strikes me as having the same audience as bushcraft people living vicariously through others on a computer screen. People in the suburbs and cities who connect with nature by taking a walk around their neighbourhood or a park.
>>
>>809813
It gets cold in Africa believe it or not.

>>809816
Do it m8, just hack it together.
>>810100
You're probably right about his audience but there's bound to be people who do bushcraft watching. They might see something they like, learn a bit and then go try it on their own. Hopefully it inspires some to actually go /out/
>>
>>810094
Most of his stuff is incredibly solid.
>>
>>807328
>https://youtu.be/qEUGOyjewD4
>jew.
>>
>>810100
>dropping an "I'm too authentic and above the internet" backdoor brag attempt
>while posting on 4chan
>>
>>811764
truth
>>
>>810498
How many nations have you visited because I been to 12 in the equatorial it does not get cold.
>>
>>807328
1 week, 3.3 million views, 92k likes 911 dislikes
the world knows, he does great work
>>
>>811754
oy vey delete this !
>>
>>811829
>92k likes 911 dislikes
>911 dislikes
>9 11
>>
>>811828
I was referring to the continent. There are places that get cold in Africa at night to where a heat source would be welcome.
>>
>>807328
>living somewhere where there are nice plants

all Ihave is gum trees, wattle and spiky grass
>>
>>807484

I came across one of his vids on the Japanese YouTube with over 200k views and 6k comments.
>>
As a ground zero shutin how do I get into this sort of thing? Looks cool as hell, I'd like to be more outdoorsy. Obviously I won't be making a hut any year soon but what books or internet resources do I consult to get my feet wet in making stuff out of outdoors resources?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.