[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kayaking Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 30
File: full_2400332[1].png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
full_2400332[1].png
2 MB, 1600x1200
Hows the paddling going anon? The waters still a bit cold here in New England, but its still nice.

Ocean kayaking is better than fresh water kayaking.
>>
>>804267
Ugggg I have not gotten to go yet this year and I'm so ashamed. The lady and I are doing the Boston harbor islands on July 4th during the day tho which should be sweet
>>
Freshwater is more scenic but salt fishing is much better
>>
File: 4176MqLPp4L[1].jpg (27 KB, 310x500) Image search: [Google]
4176MqLPp4L[1].jpg
27 KB, 310x500
Just bought this life jacket. Hopefully its good. It seems pretty safe. Ive been out a couple times this year.
>>
>>804267
Been out in the Atlantic twice. Gulf coast twice. Local state park like 4 or so times. Still new to the kayak game, but I'm trying!
>>
>>804577
how far out into the ocean. I dont really go more than a mile of the coast.
>>
Never gone kayaking but it seems kind of boring. Like, what's the point ultimate? It's not like your're hiking and seeing new shit around every corner
>>
File: nYh5Mvk[1].jpg (83 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
nYh5Mvk[1].jpg
83 KB, 960x720
Mind if I ask about this canoe? Do you think its worth $300?

16ft.Great Canadian canoe in very good condition. Only scratches from normal use.
>>
>>804630
Its peaceful and quiet as opposed to a loud engine on a boat. Also fun riding big waves.
>>
>>804630

>not looking up uninhibited/abandonded islands and paddling out there for a one nighter or just a just and hike.
>>
>>804605
Gulf coast, probably 1.5-1.75 miles. Atlantic, roughly a mile. Both based on my GPS. Gulf was calmer and I had a radio when I went which made me feel more "adventurous"
>>
>>804630
When I go freshwater kayaking, it's kinda like hiking on a trail. Animals, plants, and whatnot. Plus it's nice to climb up on a shore where no one has ever been and clear a spot for lunch. I go hiking and kayaking at the same time if I know the area. Hike to the river, kayak a bit, hop off and make a new trail
>>
>>804531
looks a bit over the top dont you think?
>>
>>804778
it's like you don't even want to live
>>
>>804779
what do you mean?
>>
File: 3414.jpg (21 KB, 500x185) Image search: [Google]
3414.jpg
21 KB, 500x185
I recently bought a starter kayak and I'm going to take it out on Lake Michigan. Since I will be going alone I plan on sticking within a quarter mile to the shore if not closer. If the water is calm do I really have anything to worry about? I consider myself a slightly above novice kayaker so all tips are appreciated
>>
>>804796
A PFD
>>
>>804800
no shit, but thanks
>>
Looking at buying a kayak for fishing, don't want to get a cheap as shit one but I don't want a big one either. Really indecisive on this.

>>804796
That's like the cheapest one around me, wish it had a place for a pole. Also wish it was a cooler color.
>>
>>804804
Installation of a pole holder is super simple. Some are just 2 screws. Some are minor sawing
>>
>>804804
Sun dolphins come in a lot of colors too btw
>>
Thoughts on this kayak?

http://www.pelicansport.com/en/products/kayaks/sit-kayaks/intrepid-120-x-angler

I used to own a pungo 120 and really liked it, but I moved and couldn't take it with so gave it to a friend. Pungo definitely had a much deeper V in the hull than this one.
>>
>>804675

So if this seller responds by 9am, I either looking for another canoe near by or heading to Dicks to get a Pelican tonight.

I just want to get out into the water as soon as possible.
>>
>>804804
Why.not buy a one man.sneak boat
>>
File: Snapchat-7592158088820088355.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7592158088820088355.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2560
Anyone here play canoe polo? I've just started playing for my local club, only been kayaking about 1 month. Loving it though
>>
>>804899
Havent played, looks fun though. Havent seen anything like that around here.
>>
File: k1.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
k1.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
Got these about a week ago.
Plan on spending most of the holiday weekend out in them.

Ended up paying about $375 each with s+h included.

They came with shit paddles, that i'll prob throw on Craigslist for $15-20.
>>
File: F4D472BA326D9C769394C8FF93B21853.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
F4D472BA326D9C769394C8FF93B21853.jpg
128 KB, 1920x1080
>>804267
Spring water a cool 72° in FL paddling and diving been great.
>>
File: 20160623_164846.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160623_164846.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>805057
Here's a good surface pic.
>>
>>804630
Never had sex but it seems kind of boring. Like, what's the point ultimate? It's not like you're fapping and seeing a new woman every time you click the "next" button.
>>
>>804982
You buy those from walmart m8, they look a bit shit.
>>
I'd say it's worth it. 300 will get you a new but shitty/small canoe. Used but good quality is always better when it comes to hardware.
>>
>>805114
Was ment for
>>804675
>>
>>805057
Hey, fellow Florida bro! What spring? I do Wekiva and Rock because they are just about walking distance
>>
>>805188
That's rainbow springs. I'm planning on blue sprung next. How's wekiva and rock? I've seen them online just haven't traveled there yet since I'm kinda around the Oxford area
>>
>>805201
Wekiva is good, easier and cheaper to drop in at Wekiva Island (basically a bar and grill) rather than the state park, and then you can head up to the park. Pretty nice water, strong current though. Never been diving in the springs but I hear it's great. Rock Springs is amazing. Nice water, nice current, and less snobby rich people. Diving is okay, but it's normally kind of crowded. Where Rock drops into the wekiva River has a few camp sites and hiking areas. I've been planning to head up to silver springs when I get a truck again
>>
How do you even buy Kayaks you want?

I live in Alabama and can't find shit. I want to buy an older Prijon, like a Hurrican.
>>
>>804972
It is great fun, still nailing my roll.. so I'm not match worthy yet, but I'm. Getting there
>>
>>805207
Nice I'll definitely have to give them a try soon. Silver spring is amazing if you leave from spring head. Lots of monkeys on the island. And not really any houses built up along the coast so it's a very natural looking paddle. I'd recommend going down the King trial it's narrower but you'll see alot of Gar and gators. With alot of monkeys coming down to the water to get some drinks.
>>
>>805264
I've never gotten to see monkeys around here. That solves it, I'm going to have to go!
No houses on the water down here at all. Very natural, to the point it can be eerie. Fair amounts of gator and gar both. I've seen gar upwards of 2.5 ft. Gator are around 5 ft that you can see. If you make it down here, about 30 minutes past wekiva island headed east, there is a clearing with a rope swing. Great place to eat lunch and walk around to stretch.
>>
File: IMG_20160621_025506.jpg (445 KB, 1440x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_025506.jpg
445 KB, 1440x800
>>805264
Pic of part of the wekiva river
>>
>>805356
thats nice can you fish there? id imagine theres some good size bass
>>
>>805429
You can fish the whole river. I've only seen sunfish and gar, but I'm sure there is bass. It's a pretty strong current, but near the head of wekiva spring there is a large pool before it narrows into the river, my guess is more fish would be there
>>
I get my paycheck today and I plan on buying a fishing boat I've done a bunch of research for the best ones but can't find any retailers near me that sell the ones recommended by the sites I checked. Are there any you guys recommend that i can purchase at Dick's sporting goods. My price range is around 350-450
>>
>>805084
Nothing wrong with them.
Friends have much more expensive ones that I've tried out, and other then having a gloss finish and flashy graphics, they aren't any better.

I bought these through Home Depot. They're sold at a bunch of places, but Home Depot was the cheapest.
>>
>>805585
you sound like a little in denial. the expensive ones aren't just gloss with some body vinyl. theres more t them like
live wells, mounting points for depth sounders, multiple rod holders.

there not $1,000 just for shiny plastic and vinyl but for a beginner sun Dolphin entry level kayaks are perfect.
>>
what's the best bang for the buck SOT (preferably fishing configured) kayak? is it the vibe ghost 130?

preferably something that's good for beginners since it would be my first kayak.
>>
File: 565.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
565.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>804267
summer is in full swing.
santa cruz, ca.
>>
File: 1st kayak.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
1st kayak.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
>>805624
heck yeah it it. i took my kid on his first kayak ride off capitola beach last weekend
>>
>>804267
Lakes and rivers are nice and warm right now in NE. This year I've done the Saco, the Lamprey, and the Squamscott.
>>
>>804630
Its like a hike. At times it can be quiet and peaceful or it can be quite strenuous if you're fighting wind and current.

Get hot? Jump out and go for a swim.
>>
File: PosxW.jpg (562 KB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
PosxW.jpg
562 KB, 3264x1840
>>805627
nice, start em young. love those kelp beds off the pier, ive speared there a lot. the concrete ship is pretty cool to paddle around too. lots of fish around there.
>>
Guys I'm about to kayaking for the first time ever. What kinds of shoes do I wear? Are flip flops ok?

Also my gf is coming should we get a double kayak or two singles?
>>
>>805848
Since its your first time going I would recommend you guys sharing a double. Wear flip flops and especially a life jacket.
>>
>>805858
Yeah life jackets are mandatory. Thanks for the tip on the double.
>>
>>805848
Flip flops are fine, wear some old vans that won't bog me down if I flip. I know the other anon recommend a double, I'd recommend 2 singles. Easier to balance yourself. My Fiancée and I go kayaking very often and we have always done individuals. We both have our own. We tried a rented double and it's not as easy physically or maneuverable. Just my $.02
>>
>>805848
how /out/ and /fit/ is your gf? how confident and comfortable do you think your gf would be solo? how's her upper body strength and coordination? if she'd be good on her own and won't get too fatigued you can go with singles. if she might be uncomfortable on her own or might get tired (check tide and wind to see if you'll be working against them on the way back in) share a double (her in the front). or if you guys just want to be together without having to work at it a double is good. my wife and i always get a double, and we're both pretty /out/.
>>
>>804982
>$375 for walmart shit
You could have got a "Field and Stream" Kayak from Dick's Sporting goods for that.
For those that dont know "Field and Stream" is just a Dick's house brand. The actual Kayaks are manufactured by Old Town.
>>
>>805531
Dick's Field and Stream fishing kayaks. I own the Field and Stream Eagle Run which is a sit inside. I'm on my third season fishing with it and it works great. Isn't the fastest or tracks the greatest, but it's a great starter boat for not a ton of money.
>>
Am I the only one that prefers sit on top kayaks?
>>
>>806069
no. i do too.
>>
>>805848
def get 2 singles
for some reason that makes so much fun for a first time
Later on when you get a double youll appreciate it more
or vice versa but thats what I found
>>
>>805848
also make sure you guys use a sit on top those are less likely to roll.
>>
>tfw to poor to buy a sea kayak
>tfw live in a small apartment anyway so wouldn't be able to fit it inside anyway
Life is suffering
>>
>>806096
blow up kayaks
>>
>>806097
Any recomendations?
>>
File: Untitled_Panorama1 (5).jpg (362 KB, 1841x800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_Panorama1 (5).jpg
362 KB, 1841x800
>>806101
Not that anon but I have an Advanced Elements "advanced frame" and I like it.

Folders are also good, but they can be expensive and take longer to set up.
>>
I wish I had 5 grand laying around to throw away on this thing.
>>
>>804267
>The waters still a bit cold here in New England,
What kind of crack are you smoking? The water temp has been great in New England for over a month.
>>
>>806668
well last time I went kayaking was in June the water was a bit chilly in massachusetts

>>806498
looks comfy
>>
File: unsafe area.png (85 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
unsafe area.png
85 KB, 270x187
>>806498
>getting that for 5 grand

naw, you'll be stuck with some crappy asian knock off for that much. besides, her feet are too big.
>>
>>806498
for that kind of money it's a poor investment. in only a year or two she'll be grown-up and try to escape
>>
File: MalibuMiniresize.jpg.jpg (90 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
MalibuMiniresize.jpg.jpg
90 KB, 425x283
>>806069
you arent alone. i prefer sot's. though i only fish salt. i hope none of these guys wears waders inside their sink's and flips over because that can be dangerous..
>>
>>805987
Yeah I thought about wearing my vans old schools, but I don't like the concept of wearing socks to the beach.

>>806026
She's weak and clumsy and has shit cardio.

>>806077
Yeah I think singles sounds more fun. If we did a double, who sits where?

>>806088
Noted

Thanks for all the replies. We actually didn't end up going cause by the time she got home it was pretty late. But we're gonna go soon. We're gonna hit this place.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kayaks-on-the-water-long-beach
>>
>>807144
With the shoes, I drop in barefoot at a beach-ish bar and grill, so there is sand. I go barefoot and just slip on the vans if I get out/ off of the river anywhere beside where I dropped in. When i do salt water, I don't carry shoes at all
>>
>>807144
>She's weak and clumsy and has shit cardio.
assuming you're not being sarcastic ABSOLUTELY get a double then. otherwise she'll be miserable trying to keep up and you'll get bored of waiting for her. she's in front, you're in back (allows you to control the steering better), unless she's 50+ lbs heavier than you, in which case you should get a new gf.
>>
File: 20160704_140219.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160704_140219.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Getting back into kayaking now that i live on a lake in the mountains and near the yampa. So far just renting shitty Old Town kayaks and gong across the lake, but want to buy my own and start white water and camping. Is this gear list accurate?

>Kayak Basics
Kayak
Paddle, plus spare
Personal flotation device
Extra PFD
Spray skirt
Dry bags (for gear organization)
Spare deck bungee cords
Weather/VHF radio
Signaling devices (whistle, mirror, flares)
Towline/floating throw line (with throw bag)
Paddle leash
Paddle float
Float tubes
Sea anchor
Bailer or bilge pump
Sponges
>Core Gear
Maps and charts in waterproof case
Compass
GPS
Matches/lighter/fire starter in waterproof container
Knife or multi-tool
Two-way radios
Cell phone in protective bag
Multifunction watch
Headlamp or flashlight (with extra batteries)
First-aid supplies (see our first-aid checklist)
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Lip balm
Water bottles (filled)
Water treatment method
Backup water treatment (e.g. halogens)
Energy food (bars, gels, trail mix)
Beverages
>Clothing
Dry suit or top
Paddling gloves or pogies
Neoprene footwear
Sandals
Helmet
Sun-shielding hat
Hat or cap retainer
Skullcap
Bandana or buff
Wool/synthetic cap or balaclava
Moisture-wicking T-shirt
Moisture-wicking underwear
Rashguard
Swimsuit
Shorts or convertible pants
Sun-shielding shirt (long sleeves) and pants
Spray jacket or rainwear (jacket and pants)
Synthetic vest or jacket (for insulation)
Synthetic gloves or mittens
>Repair-Kit Options
Sealant (such as Aquaseal)
Bailing wire (copper, small roll)
Nylon cord (or bungee cords)
Putty
Replacement nuts/bolts
Repair/duct tape
>Other Day Gear Options
Lunch
Beverages or powdered drinks
Cooler (with ice)
Camera
Binoculars
Duffels (to supplement dry bags)
Insect repellent
Toilet paper and sanitation trowel
Permits and licenses
Fishing gear
Notebook and pen or pencil
Credit card; small amount of cash
Trip itinerary left with friend + under car seat
>>
>>808198
Holy fuck that is way too much shit. All I bring is the kayak,paddle, life jacket and water.
>>
>>808198
That's way too much in my opinion for anything besides long, solo journeys or ocean yakin. Personally, I'd say take the following:
>Kayak Basics
Kayak
Paddle, maybe a spare if you have one
Personal flotation device
Spray skirt (not possible for a s.o.t)
Dry bag. One only
Signaling devices (whistle, mirror)
Paracord (150+ft)
Sea anchor(optional)
>Core Gear
Compass
Matches/lighter/fire starter in waterproof container
Knife or multi-tool
Two-way radios (only if you're not alone, or it has VHFcapabilities/weather)
Cell phone in protective case
Multifunction watch
Headlamp or flashlight (with extra batteries)
First-aid supplies (Enough to be safe, not to run an ER)
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Water bottles (filled)
Water filter straw
Beverages
>Clothing
Shirt and Pants
Paddling gloves (optional)
Neoprene footwear/whatever you want
Sun-shielding hat
Hat or cap retainer
Bandana or cotton shemagh
>Repair-Kit Options
Less than 3oz of Sealant (such as Aquaseal/marine goop)
A few bungee cords)
Repair/duct tape
Rivet gun and kayak rivets(optional)
>Other Day Gear Options
Lunch
Cooler (with ice packs)
Camera
Binoculars
Insect repellent
Toilet paper and sanitation trowel
Permits and licenses
Fishing gear
Notebook and pen or pencil
Call your mom and tell her what your doing.

Overall, keep it simple. Don't weigh yourself down, and clip/tie/strap down anything you plan to keep. Even experienced kayakers flip.
>>
What do if you flip your kayak in the water?
>>
Thoughts on the Oru Kayak? I've got a Jeep and I don't want to get a trailer or a setup to haul a rigid, but I will if the Oru doesn't size up.
>>
>>808824
flip it back.

how complicated that is depends on a lot of factors, primarily
>sit in or sit on top
>calm water or whitewater
>>
>>808884
you are fucked if you flip in whitewater.
>>
>>808824
Like a whitewater roll?
>>
File: IMG_9313.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9313.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
Sup guys, europoor /out/ist that wants to get into kayaking in a near future. How safe is to do it in the ocean and how hard is to get proficient at it?

pic unrelated
>>
>>808911
As long as your not a complete fatass you will be fine. Ocean kayaking is better anyway.
>>
>>804779
>>804531
This looks to be a whitewater rafting class V pfd.
It's not the best for paddling, but sure has a lot of floatation.
>>
>>808932
Actually I was concerned about this too because customer service told me it would be uncomfortable to wear. However I have been kayaking with it several times and I love it, it doesn't ride of on you at all and it feels very secure. Tried it on in the water and it floats you very high, the head pillow is an awesome feature in case you somehow get knocked out your head stays above water. Its an awesome life jacket.
>>
File: ninja.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ninja.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>808935
The "pillow" for your head is for flotation when you are being pulled in by rope to the raft. It acts as a leading edge to keep your head out of the water.

If it works for you, fine, and the high flotation may come in handy. Personally, I'd suggest a Class III pfd rated for whitewater that sits lower on the torso and has much freer shoulder straps.

Something like pic related
>>
>>808939
Mine has big enough armholes that it doesn't effect me paddling at all.That looks like it has barely any flotation on it. Im not the best swimmer so personally I want to feel like Im safe/secure and wearing mine gives me that piece of mind, I might even install crotch straps too.
>>
>>808944
I hate to break it to you, but you are an arm paddler. If you are paddling with your torso, as you are supposed to, a whitewater raft pfd is going to get in the way.

Stick with what ya got for now, but look more into paddling techniques that are safer and more powerful. You may find your current pfd a little bulky when you get there. As a caveat, YMMV.
>>
>>808949
No I definitely do twist my torso when I kayak and the life jacket still doesn't effect me. In any case I mostly kayak on oceans and lakes. I dont think I have kayaked a river and definitely never whitewater before so Im not too worried about my movement being too restricted that it would somehow be "unsafe". It is not bulky as you are making it out to seem. It has a large amount of foam on the front. On the back it has a large amount on the upper-back and a thinner amount on the lower-back. The sides have some foam too. In any case I think its perfect for what I do.
>>
>>804796
Don't start off with the big lake dude. People die every year thinking "oh it's just a lake how bad can it be."
>>
File: Screenshot_20160706-074115.png (4 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160706-074115.png
4 MB, 1440x2560
I put in at Cumberland farms. Down the mattebassete and up the Connecticut. If you time the tide right it will pull you back to the put it. Lots of bass and pickerel. Saw a striper out there last week
>>
Bump
This bump is key
It's a key bump

Tweaking on the water with a nice steady breeze is one of the most exhilarating feelings I have ever felt
>>
>>809274
tweaking?
>>
>>809092
oh please, yesterday I was out in the Atlantic. I'm overweight, in fair shape, and have only kayaked a dozen or so times. I went at least 5 miles and back fighting wind and tidal current.
Only a pussy would be afraid of a lake.
Oh, and I'm over 50.
>>
Is it safe to go kayaking alone?
>>
>>809294
Yup
>>
File: Dane jackson drop..gif (2 MB, 400x215) Image search: [Google]
Dane jackson drop..gif
2 MB, 400x215
>>804267
I cant go over a waterfall in the ocean. Kayak surfing is fun, but doing rapids is way more enjoyable to me.

Any other whitewater boaters in here?

Got a Pyranha 9R and live in the Pacific Northwest. Hoping to do the Little White soon.
>>
Just went kayaking around the cape cod area. It was great.
>>
>>809301
I kayak alone on Lake Ontario all the time and I hope to be doing it again tomorrow. Just respect the weather and let someone know where you're going and when you plan to be back. Been meaning to get my marine VHF licence but honestly that's more because I like electronic gadgets and want to listen to the big ships talk than for safety.
>>
File: 19129264-standard.jpg (26 KB, 620x333) Image search: [Google]
19129264-standard.jpg
26 KB, 620x333
>>809298
Lake Michigan gets 20 foot waves m80, even Ontario and Erie get pretty rough. And it's not like ocean swell.

This time of year if it's calm with no thunderstorms coming >>804796 should be fine, but the Great Lakes aren't to be disrespected. Friend of mine and his dad drowned when their yacht sank in a storm when I was in grade school.
>>
>>809803
Why would you even want to paddle that far out? Whats the point, its not like you see anything. I tend to stick closer to shore and paddle around the small islands in the bay where i live.
>>
>>809819
>Why would you even want to paddle that far out?
Farness doesn't matter, if the winds are onshore the waves are just as big close in except you're also in the surf zone. Which can be fun sometimes, but it isn't any easier. I wouldn't even want to be out in a keelboat in a November gale when the Great Lakes are at their worst (43 knots in late October were more than enough that one time), I'm just pointing out the conditions they're capable of producing, and if you say "it's just a lake you pussy" you can end up dead.

>islands and bays
Yeah if it's windy I can take my boat down to the harbour/islands and I don't have to worry about waves much, but that's about a 3 mile trip to the closest sheltered launch spot. On the other hand I live a couple of blocks from the open lake, so I can put in down the street but then I have to watch the weather more closely.
>>
Bumping cause I want to go kayaking but its dark out.
>>
>>810384
At night I use a Princeton Tec Amp 1L with the cone as a nav light on the back of my kayak (they're cheap and waterproof to 100m), with a headlamp for the front. All I actually need by law where I live is a waterproof flashlight I can signal with if I need to.
>>
>>810390
Still seems pretty dangerous even with those lights. I highly doubt a boat would see you with how low you are in the water.
>>
>>810458
You have to be sensible, but with one light on my head and one on a pole I reckon I can make myself as visible as a small outboard motorboat. I can also stay out of the channel since I only draw a few inches, I can hear the engine if someone is near me who I have to watch out for, and if I have to cross a busy harbour exit or something I can see the other boats and stay out of the way (and they usually aren't that busy after dark). It can be a little spooky paddling in the dark but that's part of the fun.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467484442456.jpg (116 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467484442456.jpg
116 KB, 1137x640
>>804899
More kayak polo shots
>it's me
>>
>>810484
Now I really wanna try this. Never heard of it before so im sure its not around my area which sucks
>>
Every year in Maine, idiots go out on the water early in the summer and die of hypothermia. And I have to read about it on on the news, and it makes me feel sad.
>>
>>810582
That is called Darwinism and when it's my time I'll be one of them, or if a shark determines it is my time.
>>
>>810484
how does one paddle while holding a ball
>>
File: JT Dogzone.jpg (487 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
JT Dogzone.jpg
487 KB, 1600x960
>>804267
Paddling's great!
Doggie-paddling's great, too!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467472001848.jpg (107 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467472001848.jpg
107 KB, 1137x640
>>811934
You're not allowed to whilst you're holding the ball. You dribble the ball by throwing it and then paddling upto it and picking it up ect.. it'd a full contact sport so you can shiv each other over.

>more shots of me
>>
>>811936
Were you going shark fishing with that tasty bait?
>>
This question may sound pretty retarded to some of you but I will ask anyway.

I've never been kayaking before however I really want to start. Problem is I will probably be doing this alone and was wondering if I kayaked downstream how the hell am I supposed to get back upstream to my original boat landing? Also what is a price I should expect to pay for a entry level kayak for a beginner? I also live in NE Kansas, so I will mostly be kayaking the Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri rivers.
>>
>>812730
>My doggo the tasty bait
Awe, c'mon now...
>>
>>812860
You have 3 options:

>Arrange for a friend or family member to retrieve you and your kayak, and drive you back to your launch point to retrieve your car.

>Kayak caddie - walk it back.

>Paddle back upstream.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x214) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x214
>>812860
Fellow Missourian here. Just went to float the Meramec River last weekend. Will be traveling to southeast Missouri to float the Currant River from Aker's Ferry to Round Spring in August. Also traveling to Arkansas border to Mammouth Springs. Both are Springfed clear blue! Just a few recommendations.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 259x194
>>813031
Lots of caves to see along the float too if your looking
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 700x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 700x370
Have always rented kayaks but have started to consider buying my own. I want something that's wide enough I don't have to constantly balance my core to avoid tipping. Storage would also be a plus. Any recommendations?
>>
>>812860
I don't do rivers but when possible I always head into the wind first so if I hit exhaustion I can drift back. Same with ocean, I go into current,

I would recommend heading upstream as far as you can go and then enjoy the ride downstream. Best option for shooting downstream is arrange a pickup.
>>
>>809440
I went Cotuit to Pomponessett last Tuesday and doing Barnstable Harbor tomorrow.
>>
>>813034
have a (you) because I have the same question
>>
File: 1465297653096.jpg (34 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1465297653096.jpg
34 KB, 500x378
OP here and settled for the Pelican Matrix 100.

Took it out yesterday my paddling needs work.

Two grill passed my by a I was.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.