[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a 1TB external HD about the size and dimensions of a large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 19
File: 2015-10-11 DSC_0014.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-11 DSC_0014.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
I have a 1TB external HD about the size and dimensions of a large smartphone. It contains extremely valuable stuff to me, content from my whole life on there. It's a backup HD. The thing is, I don't trust keeping it in the house, and don't have anyone else to rely on to keep it safe. But I'm living in the countryside, with fields and forests all around. So I intend on hiding the backup HD somewhere outdoors in a safe place no-one will ever find it. This shouldn't be too hard a problem, there are an infinite amount of places to hide the HD. But what are your thoughts on where exactly? Even if you think this is stupid, just as a thought experiment, logically what would be the best place 1. to make sure no-one will ever find the HD 2. keep it in safe condition (dry, intact). If buried underground, what kind of container would be best suited to keep it completely dry, to keep the moisture or other kinds of damp out, to protect from insects or animals, to make sure it won't degrade or break.

Pictures are of the general area.
>>
File: 2016-03-14 DSC_0027.jpg (952 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14 DSC_0027.jpg
952 KB, 2560x1440
>>
>>783156
Put it in the old tire since it looks like nobody will be picking that up any time soon.
>>
File: Untitled9.jpg (920 KB, 2529x800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled9.jpg
920 KB, 2529x800
>>
File: IMG_8179.jpg (376 KB, 1310x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8179.jpg
376 KB, 1310x700
>>
>>783160
I don't want to put it into anything that can be moved easily. There are abandoned derelict cottages and other buildings all over the place. I could put it inside a piece of furniture, but I'd be too afraid that someone will clean out the building at some point in the future. Essentially I'm thinking underground or inside of something (like a tree, a wall).
>>
>>783167
you could do a posthole bank.

old timers used to bury money in a jar under a fence post. Dig a posthole a bit deeper than it needs to be for the post, drop your cargo in the hole, stick a fence post on top of it.
>>
File: wd-passport.jpg (262 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
wd-passport.jpg
262 KB, 1080x1080
It's a WD hard drive.
>>
File: 720107101_73727-L.jpg (104 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
720107101_73727-L.jpg
104 KB, 800x450
>>783156
Why not use some other form of backup in addition to the HD - cloud storage (Amazon S3/Glacier), or multiple off-site drives?

I keep an off-site in a safe deposit box at the bank. Rotate that one out a few times a year.
The three drives in a pelican case in my gun safe are my primary backups for my machines.

Photos are stored on my photo host (who uses Amazon S3), in addition to the safe-deposit drive, primary backup drive, and main laptop.

I keep other content on Amazon S3. For simple storage, that along with Glacier are retardedly cheap. I'm warehousing a few gigs of important data there for pennies a month.

Burying something as delicate as a hard drive just sounds like trouble. If you're set on that, I'd throw in a couple silica gel cartridges to keep things in the container dry.
I'd also think multiple flash drives would be more reliable long-term than a single mechanical spinning disk... also not putting all your eggs in one basket that way.
>>
>>783156
It's not that complicated. Put it in layered and sealed plastics bags. Put rice in one of the layers to stop moisture.
Bury it somewhere where no one actually goes but near something memorable so you remember where you buried it. It doesn't necessarily matter if people are near it because people don't dig holes randomly. But I'd still avoid areas with lots of people. Just make sure to avoid metal detectors.
>>
>>783175
>multiple flash drives
>over a physical disk

Someone doesn't know how flash storage works.

OP, your best bet is to either hide it in your room somewhere or in a PVC pipe.

It has CP on it, doesn't it?
>>
>>783175
cloud based stuff is open to everyone/family/law enforcement, but then again cloud based SERVERS you contractually own/ payed a contracted number of years for can be pretty reliable

a hard drive by itself would need moisture removers, get a large tub at a dollar store, air tight container, insulation(white foam), and look at how long hard drives generally survive without running/error checking, get a couple of those drives, connect them in an array and power them without the use of batteries.

Metal container(aluminum or something fairly rust resistant), lined with white foam, with a sealed plastic container with several array connected hard drives hooked up to a VERY simple computer that only automatically activates every couple months/weeks/years and checks/recovers your data, all connected to high stability capacitors, connected to a solar panel that is slightly more powerful than the weather station its connected to needs.

Expensive, but
1) that thing has a reason for being there and less likely to be removed/damaged (especially it that weather station is connected itself to the national weather station network)
2) much less likely that people will realize the real reason you built all of that/can even hide the reason for the buried payload as data/battery backup(use separate container for said battery backup)
3) temperature/emp/lightning/water/time/rust/moisture protected and anchored to prevent loss via flooding
4) that data better be worth it
>>
File: unspecified.png (149 KB, 473x491) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.png
149 KB, 473x491
ITT:
>Guys, how do I hide my CP collection?
>>
>>783200
basically this
>>
>>783200
Dubs speak the truth
>>
>>783179
>multiple flash drives
>over a physical disk
>Someone doesn't know how flash storage works.

Please explain.
>>
OP, there's a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. It's where I asked my wife to marry me. We went there for a picnic and made love under that oak and I asked and she said yes. Promise me, OP. If you ever get out... find that spot. At the base of that wall, you'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. Under there is where you should put your CP collection.
>>
File: 1463065285802.gif (137 KB, 173x241) Image search: [Google]
1463065285802.gif
137 KB, 173x241
>>783305
I Kekeld
>>
File: 2016-03-14 DSC_0023.jpg (912 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14 DSC_0023.jpg
912 KB, 2560x1440
>>783305
>>783200
>>783179
Nothing illegal. 25k+ photos and video files taken 2003. Old creative projects. Lots of personal writing. Records of favourite entertainment. Personal information and valuable documents. Backup information in case the computer or phone dies. Miscellaneous stuff.
>>
>>783712
In all honesty OP, your most secure option would be to just get a safety deposit box at a bank. They generally are something like $50 a year, plus a deposit for a key.
>>
>>783795
He can't risk the cops seeing his...
...autobiographical documents....
>>
>>783712
This. Just don't lose the key. If they have to drill the box for you, it will cost around $500.

I got a second key copy and gave it to my mum. I gave her the bank info and everything, but if I was really paranoid I could have chosen not to.
>>
Bank safe deposit box, easy.

Leaving it outside isn't smart. The cold alone will eventually ruin it. Even if it's in a watertight sealed container. Mice can chew through almost anything too.
>>
>>783156
Put it in your safety deposit box.
>>
>>783179
>PVC pipe
this

large diameter pvc pipe, seal one end, use threaded adapter on the other end....bury it at least below frost level so the conditions stay constant...it will be water proof and I doubt anything would try to eat it

pvc is meant to hold up under those conditions
>>
>>783712
>nothing illegal
>wants to hide it outside

If you distrust the people you live with to this extent, maybe you should move out.
>>
>>783156
Ammo can for a container
>>
Why not get a safe deposit box
>>
Like everyone else already said, if you aren't a retard, get a safe deposit box.
>>
>>783795
That's fucking expensive! 50 bucks for a year. 50 bucks for no reason when I could plant it outside.
>>783817
Can rodents burrow their way underground? What if I affix a note pleading with them to leave it alone?
>>783868
PVC it is baby. My friend PVC. I have some money stashed outside in a PVC drainage pipe under an overpass near a traintrack. Put the money inside a A1 paper foldup container, and then put that inside the pipe. The container is falling apart, but the money is cooleo.

You motherfukers who scream deposit box are not up to the challenge, huh? I take your suggestion, but I'm commited to keeping it outside. I've got no money to pay for a deposit box, and I'm not sure my local bank has such a service.
>>
File: 213.jpg (34 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
34 KB, 300x225
>>785508
>I have some money stashed outside in a PVC drainage pipe under an overpass near a traintrack

Not anymore.
>>
>>785590
It's just €55. In Co. Clare in Ireland.
>>
>>783156
Rent a lock box in the bank vault you faggot
/thread
>>
>>783164
Was there a platform here?
>>
>>783200
dubs confirm
>>783305
I kek'd, Was this from Shanwshank?
>>
>>785508
$50 isn't shit you fucking mong.
That's the cost of the fucking drive you're hiding. If your super sekrit info is so important you wouldn't jew out over fifty bucks.
Confirmed CP
Go back to /tv/ and /g/
>>
>>787423
Fuck off you aggressive cunts. It's not CP. It's valuable stuff that has amassed over the last decade.
>>
Just encrypt the drive.

Unless people in your house would physically steal the drive, which at that point would be as useful as a paperweight to them.

Also, they would have to be huge dicks to do that, and you probably shouldn't live with them if that's the case
>>
>>783156
Put it in a watertight bag with some desiccant, then put that in a Pelican case with some more desiccant. Then bury it.
>>
>>788206
>takes all these awesome steps
>buries it
>years later realizes it was never encrypted
>goes to remedy this
>it's missing from where it was buried
>all his personal records
>all his collections of out related books in pdf
>all his shtf bomb making books in pdf
>all his CP videos and snuff movies
>all his bitcoin transactions of buying CP and drugs
>spends the rest of his days looking over his shoulder for the FBI

OP, all you need to do is encrypt the hard drive, then leave it in your desk drawer. I use TrueCrypt, which has had several independent studies thrown at it to try and break it. The header key and the secondary header key (XTS mode) are generated using PBKDF2 with a 512-bit salt and 2000 iterations. Come the fuck at me.
>>
>>783156
>keep HD in computer
>roommates steal his CP and journal
>OP goes to prison

>bury HD
>come back 3 years later
>turns out a shoebox and a trashbag don't really protect electronics from the elements

>throw HD in a safe
>come back 3 years later
>HD has demagnetized and several sectors of data are lost/HD is unreadable

Sorry OP but you're fucked. Your best bet is to hire a private military to guard a safehouse with your computer in it

Definitely don't just encrypt your drive or put a fucking password on your computer. That won't work at all
>>
If you can keyster an S3, you can keyster 1Tb.

Start with a flip phn if you have to.
>>
>>788242
I'd trust a burial over some computer encryption mumbo jumbo.
>>
OP, to keep it safe just shove it in a container that is water-proof and strong enough to prevent any critters or vermin from digging into it. Decently thick metal tin, or a cheapo safe. Maybe toss it into a plastic baggy or two in case any liquid does get in the container.

Hard drive death usually occurs because of:

1. Manufacturing issues - If your hard drive has lasted a year so far, you're most likely good on this end.

2. Falls/shaking - Hard drives falling or being shook can cause the platter to get scratched by the read/write head, erasing tons of data. So, just treat it with care while handling it.

3. Temperature - Extreme heat can fuck a hard drive all to hell, but if you're burying it deep enough that it'll avoid discovery, then heat definitely won't be an issue

>>783167
>inside of something (like a tree, a wall).
If you hide it in a tree and it's struck by lightning, the hard drive is going to be dead. Would also need to way the risk of the tree falling by other means.

I'd just bury it somewhere desu. The chances of someone discovering it in a wall is a lot higher than the chances of someone discovering it buried a few feet underground.

>>788494
If OP hides it and doesn't encrypt it, he's crazy. especially with personal records on there.. Encryption algorithms are strong as fuck today, so if he encrypts it with a good key, he won't have to worry about someone reading his super secret files in the case someone does find it.

>computer encryption mumbo jumbo
Encryption is a very powerful and necessary tool for protecting files. I understand if it seems like mumbo jumbo to you, but I strongly suggest you read into it instead of leaving it as some mystified nerd shit.
>>
File: 1367720990270.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1367720990270.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>788536
>I strongly suggest you read into it instead of leaving it as some mystified nerd shit.

I don't trust things that I don't understand, and I certainly don't trust things that aren't tangible. OP, I suggest you print out every document that you have on that hard-drive and go bury them in a good hole that you have dug with your own two hands.

Back in my day, we didn't have all these fancy secret codes and whatnot. If you needed something to be hidden, you hid it! Use your noggin and think of a good spot where nobody will ever find it.
>>
>>788494
nevermind then
continue being a retard
go mumbo jumbo yourself off a cliff
>>
>>783156
is that a lion on the left?
>>
>>788494
Pls be trolling
>>788585
I lol'd
This op, just do it already. You're either trolling us or a drooling retard. I suspect the later.
>>
>>788081
valuable, because you blew huge loads on it, and it's hard to download it again
i understand bro, but just delete it, it's illegal, you know
>>
I was working as a packaging developer for medical devices. here's what I would do:
>wrap the HD in newspaper
>vacuuming the HD in a 75micrometer Polyamidebag
>put the bag in another polyamide bag and vacuum it again
>put it in a huge styrofoam bag with about 5 sachets of desiccant
>roll/fold the styrofoam up and put it in a PVC Pipe
>use hemp strings to seal the pipe caps
>bury it within line of sight of a place you walk by often
>if you like you can use a small size concrete pipe for additional protection
>this will last 20+years

or if I have the money I would just use the same packaging, but instead of putting it in the PVC I would put it in a bank safe.

DON'T
>use adhesives or adhesive tape.
>put polyamide in direct contact with pvc
>put your pvc pipe anywhere where it will have physical forces applied
>put your pvc into sunlight
>fill up the whole pipe with desiccant
>>
>>788663
>styrofoam
sorry I meant just foam bag.
and single layer newspaper is enough.
>>
>>788663
Or a bank vault
I really wish I could punch op through his screen.
>>
File: frontpage.png (35 KB, 670x337) Image search: [Google]
frontpage.png
35 KB, 670x337
>>788101
>>788242
It is possible the HD might be stolen. It would be useless to them, but all my stuff would be gone. So this is not a solution.

>>788536
>lightning
Come on. That's taking it too far. I'm not living in an extreme weather situation. I'm much less bothered about encryption. It's not CP. So it's not like anyone will try to hack into it, or be rewarded for hacking into it. It's about keeping it physically safe.

>>788569
I reckon you're trolling. But anyway I have too much shit to print off. What about films and videos I made.

>>788587
Yellow cow. You know what's strange - my next-door neighbour is in the photo somewhere too. See if you can find him. I didn't intend on capturing him, he just appeared as I took the photo.

>>788341
>>788663
Legit options. Thanks.

>>788681
Jesus Christ all this contempt for me. I've done nothing wrong. If I had the money, this wouldn't be an issue. It's because I have no money that I'm taking these measures. I'm in a position in life where keeping the HD indoors is a danger because it might get stolen by people who want to hurt me. It's the only full and complete backup of over a decade of valuable stuff mostly of shit I made when I was growing up. I don't want to lose it. So I'm looking for a free solution to keep it safe, and I look outside and see an infinite amount of spaces to hide it. I feel dumb for not availing of the natural cache spaces outside.
>>
>>788983
>I'm much less bothered about encryption. It's not CP. So it's not like anyone will try to hack into it, or be rewarded for hacking into it. It's about keeping it physically safe.
You have personal information and employment information on it. If someone steals that, they can easily steal your identity. At least encrypt that shit.

If you wouldn't want it out in the public, encrypt it. It'll take 5 minutes and increase your security by miles.

>It's not CP
Then what is "mind analysis?"

All the people bringing up cp are obviously joking. You wouldn't hide it outside your house if it was cp. Nobody wants to walk a mile and dig up an old hard drive just to fap.
>>
File: 2016-06-08 at 23.48.06.png (130 KB, 668x1030) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-08 at 23.48.06.png
130 KB, 668x1030
>>789072
>At least encrypt that shit.
It is encrypted you fuck. I never said it wasn't. It's been encrypted for a year at least.
>Then what is "mind analysis?"
Just a bunch of psychoanalysis shit.
>>
>>789076
Your "What makes me happy.txt" file is very short :(

is the first line "winning arguments?"
>>
>>789076
You're a strange dude OP
>>
>>789076
Good times 2016.txt blank file topkek
>>
>>789072
>I'm much less bothered about encryption. It's not CP. So it's not like anyone will try to hack into it, or be rewarded for hacking into it. It's about keeping it physically safe.

Then make some encrypted copies and keep them at multiple offsite locations for free with friends or family.

The chances of all of them getting lost or stolen at once are staggeringly low.

This may not be your day though...it seems you're losing this argument.
>>
>>788983
Cat?
>>
>>789076
>Just a bunch of psychoanalysis shit.

Do you struggle with depression or other mental illnesses?

>>789087
D:
>>
File: #.jpg (14 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
#.jpg
14 KB, 208x200
>this fucking thread

lmao. bless yr paranoia OP
>>
>>789076
>files detailing angry days
>ideal self image descriptions
>What makes me happy.txt having only two lines, one of them "winning arguments"
>good times 2016.txt is blank
>friend making guidelines

Jesus fuck anon, now I really wish this actually were CP. This is just depressing.
>>
>>789076
I wish I hadn't seen this.

I'm sorry for your pain. I see why you want to bury that shit.
>>
>>789087
haha I swear to God that wasn't intentional. I created that txt with full intention to fill it. It does make me laugh how I haven't got around to enter anything into it. Fucking revealing.

>>789091
Make copies? You mean backup onto multiple external hard drives? I don't have the money for more hard drives.

>>789273
If you knew my living situation you'd agree it's not unjustifiable paranoia. I'm not joking around, this isn't some troll thread, this shit is real.
>>
>>789094
Goddess :^)
>>
DIY desiccant sachet:
Crumbled/powder gyprock/wallboard core - not very much, perhaps a cup or less. Cutoffs of wallboard are in the waste at practically all building sites.

Immediately before use (i.e. sealing or vacuum stuff is done at the same time,) spread on a baking tin under low heat in the oven to dry. Not more than 20 minutes should be enough. Transfer into unwaxed paper bag, folded and taped shut to prevent powder contamination.
>>
>>789309
I laughed for a good 5 minutes straight.
OP went through this whole thread to bury his sad life.
>>
>>
>>789468
Can I ask what you did to piss others off?
Also I understand not wanting to lose something with such sentiment to it, I have homemade videos I've made with dead loved ones and I wouldn't want to lose any of them.
How long do you think you will be in this situation, because hopefully you will only have to hide it 1-2 years.
I would listen to the packaging anon and use the polyamide bags btw.
>>
>>789076
>>789076
>>789076

Plz post some of you text filse

>friends
>look for
>>
>>788494
>far enough down internet rabbithole to amass CP levels that make even a hardened pedophile nervous
>doesn't understand basic encryption
>thinks using "pa$$word" instead of "password" is secure
>>
>>788569
you had me going until "back in my day"
>>
>>788663
>hemp strings to seal pipe caps
if adhesives kill your boner, at least seal it with wax or something.
>>
>>789076
oh ok
so you're a crazy person
>>
File: Ideal Self.png (160 KB, 785x658) Image search: [Google]
Ideal Self.png
160 KB, 785x658
>>791531
Make a clean backup of those videos. I'm converting old formats (mpg and such) to newer ones so I don't have to touch the archive for years more.

>>791536
For your amusement here's some of the ideal self txt.

>>791548
Just trying to work it all out m8.
>>
>>783156
The very first thing you should do is make a thread on 4chans /out/ board. At the very least, what you really want is to stay up late at night wondering if someone is gonna find your hiding place and take a shit on it.
>>
File: p_BHK-50CAN.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
p_BHK-50CAN.jpg
78 KB, 1000x1000
>>783156
in a plastic bag
in a screw top water proof container
inside an ammo can
with silica in each layer.

buried directly in the middle of 2 trees that are slow growing.
>>
>>791547
problem with adhesives is, they can desintegrate and they can react with other parts of the package.
hemp strings is perfectly tight if used on a threaded pipe, no need to use anything besides that. it has been used since forever for water pipes.
>>
>>792800
You're a Fucking loony
>>
>>792800
Jesus fucking christ anon. See a psychiatrist.
>>
>>783156
What you do then is take it to a bank and ask them to store it and if its that important you place a second backup with a different bank or lawyer or secure store. You don't bury computer equipment and expect it to magically work 10 years later. I worked on a project for a very big power company regarding 125 year data storage for the project and we found no way we could guarantee data beyond a few years, when i say guarantee i mean 100% rock solid guarantee, on one format alone. We had to go with multiple formats across multiple sites and changing the hardware it was stored on regularly. That is obviously a bit much for you but don't bury it, 1 tiny bit of moisture, 1 ground shift, 1 tree or even shrub root growing through it, temperature changes, etc. The list goes on with what can go wrong and then everything is destroyed.
>>
>>789468
Then What exactly is your living situation? You have pissed people off so much that you think they will enter your home looking for personal material?
>>
OP are you getting sued or something? Kinda just want to know what's on the hard drive

You can always buy a little safe, and keep the drive in an airtight bag in the safe. Maybe stuff it with cotton to keep it insulated from the cold. Bury it under a fencepost like another anon suggested
>>
>>793451
Oh wait never mind

>>792800
>>789076
you're nuts m8, are they collecting evidence to send you to the looney bin?
>>
>>792830
kek
>>
>>783298
Not the same anon, but without being plugged in data on SSD drive is lost in a relatively short period of time. Mechanical disks will lose their data as well, but it will take decades instead of years.
>>
Serious post OP

Delete it all
Get some help, maybe some medication, get a job and a home where you feel safe.

If you can get your life in order you won't want these files, they will only make you cringe and hate yourself.

These files haven't made your life better yet, and they never will.
>>
>>792800
>Work on death. Numero uno priority. Suicide
>Wikipedia article editor cleaner
>Technology (computer, chairs)
>Some kind of platform for plotting moves ahead
>Seed + upload torrents
Is this some sort of post-post-modern absurdist shit? I don't know whether to laugh or cry
>>
>>783156
Depending on how full it is I'd suggest you make a few Mega and Dropbox account to back the stuff up first, then email yourself the account names.
>>
>>793497
Clinical psychiatrist anon is on the case.
>>
File: 6x035F0164.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
6x035F0164.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
Wherever you put it you should add a geocache thing to it so we can all find it and share our CP with you.
>>
Why not just encrypt the data on it ? Use TrueCrypt and some 30 character long password, nobody'll be able to read the data on it.
>>
>>783156
use google drive, or one drive or box or all three.
>>
>>795161
I thought they stopped developing it. I need a good password keeper and something to protect my financial files.
>>
>>795224
Anyone know about this?
>>
>>797817
>they stopped developing it
Most likely someone didn't want to add a backdoor for gov people. IIRC TrueCrypt was audited and it was all fine, at least nothing serious was found.

There's something wrong with the way developers suddenly said TC was dangerous and how they recommended "alternatives".
>>
>>797856
don't forget to have something that can currently interact/use said drive. Giant 1/8 megabyte floppy disks are almost impossible to use without proper hardware and computer/software. It forms its own security protecting our nuclear secrets in a way. Make sure it has a screen/plugin/solar power source. Keep the battery separate. Think time capsule.
>>
>>783305
First thing I thought of, thanks for positing it.
>>
>>797856
Yeah, what the hell was up with that? It seems like out of nowhere they got spooked and shut their shit down.
>>
>>792800
> Guru tech wizard sorting out everybody's computer tech problems

And your solution is to physically bury it...

>Technology (computers, chairs).

topkek m8

>Psychoanalyse other peoples

I think you have a fair bit more to do on yourself before you get to that point friend
>>
File: 1454823305946.jpg (170 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1454823305946.jpg
170 KB, 500x598
>>789076
>feel good when.txt

Was going to write this >>792859

Also be aware of metal detector freaks, bury it on your land.
>>
>>783156
Okay, so you want to hide drugs, a hot weapon or something like that?

First thing to do is to find a spot at least 1km away of your home but not too far where no one ever goes or almost. Then, remember there is people fucking around with metal detectors so you want your place to be where it is so hard to go than even them won't walk above your stash.

You must dig it deep enough to avoid the common detection tools, one meter will be fine. If you can have something to dig holes in ice to fish, it will be the perfect tool, otherwise, shovels work fine.

Buy some plasic tubes in a shop, the ones for the toilet evacuation are great. Dig it vertically underground. Above it, you place a "door" like a plastic cover and you add some earth above it, ten centimeters are more than enough. I suggest than on the ground floor, you add heavy thing like a large stone so no one will dig exactly there and it will work as a marker.

>>783164
This is perfect. If you can remove some of the stones of this wall without the others moving, you can dig an almost horizontal hole and close it like I said.

Do it where you can't be seen from the road and if you hear a train, close the entrance and hide in a bush until the train is gone.
>>
>>789076
>Say it is super personnel and must never be read by someone else
>Post it on 4 chan

Thanks for the laugh.

If it is so important, make copies.
Get an USB stick or two with everything except the large not-so-useful files.
Make another hard drive like yours.
Save it encrypted on your PC.
Hide all the previous on different places.

One at your parents home you visit once a year, one inside an electrical outlet, one under the shed of the neighbor...
>>
>>798602
>One at your parents home
>assuming he doesn't already live with them
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.