[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi there, CA /out/ist's At the end of this month I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160307_131902.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_131902.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hi there, CA /out/ist's

At the end of this month I'll have week to drive along the coast. I'll start in LA and wanted to hit some not so crowded beaches or do some hikes. Some good waves for surfing would be cool or some place to catch some fish with a spear from the Shore. Every input is much aapreciated. I'm not from around CA so I don't know shit ;) Thank you!
>>
>>707267
Anyone? Please?
>>
>>707267
I live in the central valley, Not much i can say to help you. Anywhere in Cali is pretty unique and cool
>>
a) it's sc/out/s, not /out/ists
b) how far north are you going?
c) hwy 1 or 101?
>>
>>710429
Heading down to San Diego from LA. And I haven't decided on the exact route yet.
>>
>>711706
>heading south from la

eww.
>>
>>711706
The 5 freeway is the only coastal route between LA and San Diego. The 101 doesn't go that far south and the 1 only goes partways (And it's basically just a regular street for the whole stretch. Takes fucking forever to drive and much of it is just driving through suburbia rather than along the coast)

In terms of surfing and spearfishing between LA , San Diego I can't give you any advice for shit south of Camp Pendlton, but north of Pendlton there there are some decent spots along the coast of South Orange County (Although there are spear fishing restrictions in a couple places, mainly in Laguna Beach). Southern LA County and The northern half of Orange County's beaches have some decent surfing spots but they're usually crowded (That said it is the off season so it might not be too bad). In terms of hiking between LA and San Diego along the coast there are a couple decent hikes in the Santa Ana mountains, and a handful more in a few of the state parks along the coast but nothing particularly amazing.
>>
>>711779
Thank you so much, quite some good pointers!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.