[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know if these threads are common or not...but I currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 17
File: 1457377503278.jpg (42 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
1457377503278.jpg
42 KB, 615x409
Don't know if these threads are common or not...but I currently only have eighty dollars in my account.
Is it plausible to live in my car in a city like Denver or Rapid City (biggest cities near me) and live okayish?
Would I have enough time to survive on this amount of money until I get a job at McDonald's or Walmart to get more income?

Also stories of similar experience or just general poor travel advice.
>>
Yes it is plausible that you could
>>
>>705404
Yes, these threads are extremely common.
>>
>>705404
Does that $80 give you enough fuel to drive to Denver or Rapid City? If those two are the closest to you, you're going to need gas money.

What about food? How comfortable are you going without for a couple days? Or dumpster diving?

Can you currently qualify for unemployment or are you a NEET?
>>
>>705404
hey OP i live in my car in Spokane WA, ama.
you can do it, but Denver and Rapid City are bad choices. you'd be better off in Fort Collins or another smaller college town. big cities are absolute shit for this kind of thing.
you need to gas jug. buy a 5 gallon gas can and write out of gas on the side, then hit the interstate and find a truck stop, stand by your car out of view of the cashiers desk and show your jug to people. you can keep your tank full doing this every couple of days/as needed. not paying for gas will give you a lot more money, plus you will get some cash in hand from doing this. that's why you have the jug, some folks will hand out a few dollars, then eventually someone will come along and fill your jug. that way you can pocket the cash for later.
>>
>>705579
man I hate your type. new world gypsy
>>
>>705579
I got asked for gas money a bajillion fucking times the one week I went to Denver, some of these drifters even younger than I am (22). While I really enjoy the easy-going aspect of the West, its shit like this that's annoying.
>>
>>705579
Yes abuse the good will of others, you parasite
>>
>>705611
>>705643
oh wow look it's more homeless hate on /out/ imagine that
tired motherfuckers.

>>705627
i never talk to anyone. that shit is stupid, no one likes it and it gets you kicked right the fuck out of wherever you are. you have to be respectful, people that want to help will and everyone else goes about their day none the worse. though apparently just seeing me is enough to trigger these fags here on 4chan, no one talks shit unless theyre behind their monitor safely in their home.
>>
>>705579
Fort Collins resident here.
Fuck you and your squatter bullshit, we hate seeing your kind downtown and even though people are polite, we still fucking hate you.
>>
>>705743
It's not homeless hate in this case, it's hating a fucking beggar that gives all homeless people a bad name.
>>
>>705404
No, it's not common at all. In fact, /out/ needs more threads like this one. Ask your friends to post similar questons in new threads like this everyday or more. No trouble, don't bother with the catalog or lurking, just ask. Keep pisting new threads for each question, it's better. Love to see you and your friends next few dozen threads or more!

Thanks!
>>
>>705748
oh wow, you spend energy hating something that has fuck all to do with you. congrats.
homeless are a part of the culture in FoCo. your kind is dead. the college hipsters love us, and that's all that matters. not to mention i always do very well when i visit your town.
people are a little more than polite when i walk off college and mountain with $400 at the end of the night. not to mention the countless wonderful people i've met who have housed me up and shown me a great time around the front range. just because you are a close minded shitbird doesn't mean everyone else is.

>>705752
funny the only place you hear stupid shit like this is here on /out/
if you met me you'd realize i give homeless people a great name, while you further stereotypes about yourself and other ignorant hatemongering fuckheads.

>>705754
this guy has it right. remember everytime you post a duplicate thread it pushes other, relevant threads off the board. check the catalog and post in the already existing homeless thread.
although saying this again is just as tired as the fags screaming homeless git out reeeee
>>
>>705754
And feel free to ask stuff like:
> what drugs for date rape?
> source for gluten free pot roast
> best mail to steal
> lbgt comfort zone issues
> fav MLP character
> lots of video game questions
> how to make your gains
> /k/stuff is always a hot topic

So start new threads for each!
Thanks.
>>
>>705758
Yo faggot I know people who housed homeless just to get their mooching asses off the fucking street to stop making out town look fucking dirty and shit.

Your delusional as fuck, go die in the frosty front range you arrogant homeless fuck.
>>
>>705765
i eat the front range for breakfast bitch, and i pick up my trash. funny how you swing at me with that arrogant shit, take a look at yourself and grow as a person you simple fuck.
>>
>>705404
Denver or pretty much anywhere in CO will lock you up and take your car if they catch you living in it.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeless_Bill_of_Rights
>>
>>705770
Homeless scum have the right to my bullet in thier head, not much else.

Though I do put my dog shit in Dunkin' Donuts bags and toss it to them driving by!

Fuck human scum!
>>
>>705788
You'll bite your words the day you end up homeless.

Society is rejecting people left right and centre. You think your safe and stable in your comfy house and your stable career. You are not. Your only stable as long as the economy lets you be stable.

Don't abuse these people you may need there help one day.
>>
>>705788

You're throwing dog shit in a bag at other humans.

You sound like scum.

Make the world a better place plant one of those bullets in your own head.
>>
File: You're Salty AF.gif (276 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
You're Salty AF.gif
276 KB, 640x360
This is the angriest thread I think I've ever seen on /out/.

You all need to calm down, damn.
>>
File: 1450682118279.jpg (126 KB, 482x750) Image search: [Google]
1450682118279.jpg
126 KB, 482x750
>>705887
>>
>>705788
Kek, their faces must be priceless. Fuck those junkies with muh free spirit
>>
>>705788

You have forgotten gentleness. I rebuke you. Wander in darkness.
>>
File: Bprq8YF.jpg (55 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
Bprq8YF.jpg
55 KB, 270x270
>>705579
>>705579
>>
Goddamn, this board is fucked. OP posts for advice, only anon to give advice is religiously shit on.
>>Outdoor survival, bushcraft, foraging, self-sustenance in nature, train-hopping, hoboism, etc.
From the sticky.
>>
>>705954
>picking and choosing the parts of the sticky to post
here you go faggot
>Outdoor philosophy (conservation, Leave No Trace, protectionism, etc.)
Their criticism would fall under philosophy
>>
>>705954
>stand by your car out of view of the cashiers desk and show your jug to people. you can keep your tank full doing this every couple of days/as needed
>some folks will hand out a few dollars, then eventually someone will come along and fill your jug. that way you can pocket the cash for later.

>taking advantage of people
>not a piece of shit that deserves to die under a truck

Get fucked you too.
>>
File: 1442356370714.jpg (14 KB, 265x400) Image search: [Google]
1442356370714.jpg
14 KB, 265x400
>>705579
> Hey I'm homeless and refuse to get a job, what should I do?
> Oh that's right I should get a dog and barely feed it, not let it leave my side, and essentially waste it's life

Kill yourself.
>>
>>705579
People like you are the reason I stopped giving cash to the homeless, only ever food now. Half the time you people aren't actually struggling and just want a fix or some alcohol or are avoiding responsibility. Shame on you, don't ever fucking knock on my car window at a stop light to beg from me either.
>>
File: IMAG2220.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2220.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>706179
hahaha yeah, your life ain't shit compared to hers. you guys may as well write a blog with all this butthurt.
>>
>>706272
you say people like me then cite some shit that i don't do. keep being salty, it's great that you can be so pissed off over nothing.
>>
>>706277
I'm pissed off over multiple bad experiences I've had with a group you identify with. A few months ago I bought a homeless woman a sandwich and she complained and lost her shit because I didn't get her a milkshake as well to go with it. I can only be fucked by homeless people so many times after helping them and still trust them
>>
>>705404
just don't get trepanated and start eating your own jizz
>>
File: fatcatlovesyourwork.jpg (71 KB, 467x282) Image search: [Google]
fatcatlovesyourwork.jpg
71 KB, 467x282
>>706179

Get a job and work 50 years until your too old to do any thing productive and exciting. It's obvious we should all just be obedient and do what we are told.

Do something thats actually interesting and possibly unique? Try a new path?

Nah following everyone else sounds like a great idea since everyone one else is doing it, it must be a good idea. Masses of people couldn't possibly be wrong.

Woof woof yes master.
>>
>>706283
so you just come to /out/ to talk shit in advice threads. your bad, not mine.
>>
>>706330
Somebody sounds irresponsible...
>>
>>706274
Except we're not going to die of parvo in 3 months. You also want to do something about that ear mite infestation. You know it's bad when you can see cerumen from 10 feet away.
>>
>>705404
>Rapid City
Slept overnight in Rapid City in my car a few times when vacationing. That's a fucking train town, and loud as hell... fuck it. But I'm not sure Denver would be easier. Can you look into couch surfing? Go wherever it would be easier to earn money doing random jobs.
>>
>>706330
>productive and exciting

Ok, now I know you're trolling. Being homeless is just about the antithesis of productive. It's the condition of actively seeking the ideal nanny state, a retreat to the womb.

Exciting? Sure, if living in Third World squalor is what trips your trigger.

You have willfully abrogated all right and interest in bettering yourself, you have no grounds for lecturing anybody on the responsibilities they've voluntarily assumed. You are utterly at the mercy of whoever will provide for your lifestyle, a complete and complicit slave to their whim.

If you ever decide to grow up, you'll be amazed at the rush you get from taking responsibility for your own life. You can hold a possession, any possession, in your hand and know the exact value of the thing. You worked for it, you earned it, and you decided to make it your own. It's not some cast-off that your master decided to grace your existence with.

You can play the free spirit card all you want. If that's what it takes for you to justify your existence, go for it. You're not fooling anybody else.
>>
>>705404
>Don't know if these threads are common or not...

Yes you do you lying cunt, when will making these threads be a permanent ban.
>>
>>706902
when will ban accomplish anything?
it never slowed anyone down.
>>
>>705758
>the college hipsters love us, and thats all that matters

Wut

People who do their best to look homeless and feel more authentic hanging with a real homeless are the only opinions that matter? Ok bud
>>
>>705788
>>Fuck human scum!
I want to watch you fuck yourself then
>>
>>705767
>career homeless "man" tells others to grow up.

Cute. So what are you going to do when you're older and the college hipsters don't want to play parent to you anymore?
>>
>>707008
Then he flips his cardboard sign around to the side that says disabled vet. He'll have to move to a different location, because he's targeting a different demographic.
>>
>>705579

Get out of WA, you're shitting up the state you filthy nigger.
>>
>>706772
you're a dumb fuck

>>706941
as are you

>>707008
and you

>>707045
you too

>>707046
and finally you as well

/out/ -- full of morons
>>
>>707047
>You guys pointed out that my life is full of terrible decisions and I'm not as happy as I've been trying to pretend to be so others can look positively on my shitty life.

I'd rather be a moronic slave than a stubborn homeless person locked in denial.
>>
>>707047
Seriously asking, what's your plan for when others stop taking you in and buying you food and gas? You're very dependant on the kindness of strangers so do you have a plan for when that fails?
>>
>>707047

Fuck off retard, you're the only moron here.
>>
>>707047

I'm a patrol officer in Spokane, I think I'm gonna give homeless ppl more problems now. Good job faggot, no one likes your type. You're worthless, a waste of resources, a burden to every one. Hope you die a horrible death, you worthless fagget.
>>
>>707082
Doing gods work anon.
Help purge the world of the lazy self-entitled cunts who are mad that they didn't work like the rest of the world for a better life and thought it would just fall in their laps.
Fucking idiots.
>>
>>707071
i'm a musician, i play shows for money. i don't jug or fly signs anymore unless i have to. my life is set the fuck up, i just came in to give OP advice. /out/ is always like this. people here are incapable of not generalizing people. the class bias is nuts and even when i spell it out for people here they just skip over it to spout some ignorant bullshit.
never fails to amuse how absolutely retarded sc/out/s are about homeless living.
>>
>>707082
>I'm a patrol officer in Spokane
and you're insulting me?
>>
>>707063
you guys don't point out anything, ever. you just hurl insults like they're the word of god and don't even read what i type half the damn time.
>>
>>707111
>implying homeless people have anything worth reading/listening to

You're fucking homeless, why would anyone listen to you?
>>
>>707118
stay mad yuppie fag
>>
Hey Spokane bro, Cheney boy here, I just want everyone else in the thread to know that there are countless homeless people in Spokane and Im sure every other big city that resort to more devious ways of getting money.

This anon here simply recommended a method of survival and I dont think he should be criticized so harshly.
>>
>>707125
cool, i've been around cheney a couple times. i used to stay by the petro on 90 in the woods when i first came to the area.
>>
>>707121
I'm anything but a yuppie.

I'm broke as fuck all the time, but I'm still responsible enough to keep myself fed with a roof over my head.

Stay cold you homeless idiot.
>>
>>707133
so you're broke with the mind of a yup. congrats. maybe if you could open your mind at all you'd be able to pull yourself above the poverty line.
my life is comfy as fuck you have no idea. i definitely will continue with it, don't worry.
>>
>>707138
>paying bills
>mind of a yup
It's become clear why you are homeless.'
>my life is comfy as fuck
Whatever makes your newspaper warmer at night dude.
>>
>>707147
so youre proud of the thing holding you back, imagine that.
newspaper huh? i'll be sure to remember that tonight as im lounging on my queen bed with my wife in my bus innawoods
>>
>>707154
I'm sorry what is holding me back?
>>
>>707155
>I'm broke as fuck all the time
>paying bills
>>
>>707158
>>707158
>implying I worry about money all the time
Yeah, I PAY my bills, meaning I always have enough money to keep myself in a warm shelter with water and food whenever I feel like having it, plus the benefits of ELECTRICITY.

I don't give any fucks about money bro, you don't have to be a faggot on the streets to prove money isn't everything in the world.

I enjoy everyday of my life, and I get to go back to a house full of food and entertainment at the end of the day. Fuck all if I care if its ramen noodles and VHS player, again I'd rather have that shit than be some high-horse holier-than-thou homeless person who thinks they are gods gift to earth because they didn't do anything with their lives.
>>
>>707164
look at the stupid shit you type and stop trying so damn hard to insult me. you're fuckin grasping at straws trying to explain yourself to this "high-horse holier-than-thou homeless person" and at the same time trying to affirm that you give no fucks. by all means though, throw another (You) at me and let me know how right you are.
>>
>>707169
Couldn't think of something to actually retort with other than "You're wrong."

Homeful People - 1 Homeless People - 0
>>
>>707173
get em anon, get them straws. boy you show that nasty bum what for.
>>
>>707178
I don't know what straw you think Im grabbing at, you're homeless, you don't own shit but the clothes on your back and your bag full of rags.

What straw do you think you have?
>>
>>707182
i don't have any straws, i'm set. you need yours, it's okay, maybe one day you will set them aside. til then anon.
>>
>>707047
Dude, you should take a hint. You're not living some magical Peter Pan lifestyle, you're just another piece of self propelled litter. A lot of anons point this out to you, and your best response is namecalling. That's pretty middle-school, don't you think?
>>
>>707111
Ahh, and now the true butthurt begins to show.

Nobody's really interested in hearing your justifications and excuses for being a burden on society. OP doesn't need your advice, either. The difference between you and OP is, OP is temporarily in a tight spot. With a little luck and average determination he'll recover, learn from the situation, and move on. In short, he'll be a normal, productive member of society.

You've made a conscious decision to spend your life as a peripatetic leech. Your excuse that you're a musician, and play gigs for money is bullshit. In the entertainment industry, you rank below hookers and drug dealers. They at least provide recognizable goods or services.
>>
Post pic in your car with your paypal written out with a pen and today's date. We can make a donation to see you through. Please don't take advantage of our kindness as we believe in helping each other out here on out.
>>
File: PffffftgunIhaveamorafaggot.jpg (66 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
PffffftgunIhaveamorafaggot.jpg
66 KB, 720x540
>>705611

Get /out/! Oh wait....

Also for Jobless anons. Seek out golf estates and gather balls that gets knocked out of the Fence areas surrounding the place. Sell the golf balls back to the golfers at the parking lot with a nice mark up.

But be weary as someone else will soon want to get in on your racket. Rather see it as a well paying temp job to see you through or in the least buy food with.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM DRUGS KIDS! YOU DON'T WANT TO LITERALLY SUCK DICK FOR CRACK MONEY!

Also use any support system you can to get on your feet there is allot of good people /out/there!
>>
>>707282
i have said barely more than jack shit about myself but look how much you dumb fucks 'know'
why even pretend that you fags aren't shitposting?

>>707300
nah, you're right. you're all only interested in blind hatred of the homeless.
>Your excuse that you're a musician, and play gigs for money is bullshit.
my giant tour bus and stacks of legitimate money would attest to the opposite if this were anywhere but /out/
>>
>>707339
>my giant tour bus

Post timestamped pic.
>>
>>707404
i'll be fucked if i go out of my way to please your shit talking ass. it's a converted school bus with two beds, wood stove, a couch and solar power. i also have an 80cc kit bike, and the car that you can see in the pic i posted. i've been traveling and playing music for nearly 5 years and i'm proof that you don't have to live in the box to live a good life. i don't care about the shitposting, people come into every thread to talk shit on the homeless. i'm still gonna raise hell and help people who are interested.
>>
>>707447
>i'll be fucked if i go out of my way to please your shit talking ass

whelp, doesn't look like you have one then, does it.
>>
>>707164
Van living if done right:
- warm
- comfortable
- same amenities as a regular house (yes that includes ELECTRICITY)

The only things you give up are space, both living space, storage space, and space for equipment - washing machines, dish washers, etc

Van living =/= living in a hovel because you're a loser
>>
>>707467
You're forgetting the stigma of living in a van that comes with living in a van.
>>
>>707468
Just like any other form of bigotry that's a problem for the one doing the hating.

I don't live in a van, I live in a house, but I was also raised to be open minded. I don't personally agree with begging but if thats' what some anons want to do they can go ahead. Equally, I can recognise living in a van could be both good and bad depending on how it is approached.

As for me,
>be in process of saving half my pay cheques
>gonna trade in my car for a small van
>gonna convert it myself (budgeting £2k)
>part time van living here i come
>>
File: caddycamp.jpg (79 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
caddycamp.jpg
79 KB, 960x720
Dumping some of my inspiration
>>
File: caddycamp3.jpg (62 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
caddycamp3.jpg
62 KB, 960x720
>>707475
>>
File: Desk_Table_TV_Storage.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Desk_Table_TV_Storage.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
>>707478
>>
>>705404
A friend of mine lives in Denver and owns his own business; he hires anyone who walks in the door willing to do the work. I'll send him a link to this thread and see what he thinks.
>>
File: 296_0.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
296_0.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>707479

This one is inside a transit panel van. If I were to go full time living I'd want at the least a MWB hightop transit so I could fit a dedicated shower in.
>>
File: Caddy-trailer.jpg (55 KB, 487x331) Image search: [Google]
Caddy-trailer.jpg
55 KB, 487x331
>>707474
Are you going to build a trailer too?
>>
>>707447
>giant tour bus
>converted schoolbus

Interesting, the way your story changes the more you post. Does this giant tour schoolbus conversion still have an engine?
>>
>>707474
have you looked at school bus options? i don't know about elsewhere but in the u.s. you can get a half size for not that much more than a big van. i spent 2.5k on my full size school bus from a city yard so it has all maintenace records, and i have it registered as a mobile home, so i have the rights of any homeowner. i've put another 3-4k into it since getting it, i've got inside storage like passenger planes and a rack i built myself on the roof, both run the length of the bus. i kind of went wild with it for it a while, it's a shit ton of fun. it's been super reliable as well, i've taken it all over the country towing my car.
i have seen some crazy shit in vans, met a guy in Bozeman Montana who had a full size converted into a recording studio complete with keyboard, drums, all the recording and audio equip you could want, and he had a pull out futon matress to sleep on. he had it set up like those tiny houses you see, where everything folds and can be tucked away in it's own place. he had a stain glass sunroof too it was dope.
the skys the limit with this stuff, especially when you don't have to pay rent.
>>
>>707496
what world do you live in where a full size school bus isn't a giant vehicle
>>
>>707154
>lounging on my queen bed

You mean on the mattress that you dragged out of the motel dumpster

>with my wife

Shacking up with a drugged out 15 year old runaway doesn't mean you have a wife. What's the plan for when she gets knocked up? Dump her at the abortion clinic and split?

>in my bus innawoods

You mean that abandoned junker that somebody dumped?
>>
>>707498
A full sized schoolbus is nowhere near the size of a tour bus.
>>
File: fatkidskitchen.jpg (980 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
fatkidskitchen.jpg
980 KB, 1920x1440
>>707497
some relevant buses, fat kids kitchen bunch of kids feeding the homeless
another is the kraken kitchen, http://krakenkitchen.weebly.com/
>>
>>707501
is that your expert opinion?

>>707504
get me on every deet you can it's fine, my bus is great i wouldnt trade it for anything
>>
>>707485
>>707497

As I don't intend to use it for full time living I'm going to pick up something like a VW Caddy or Ford Transit connect. Car-like dimensions so no practicality problems with parking/town driving and also decent mpg. At the same time plenty of space for comfortable part time living (fold out couch bed, fridge, hobs, heater, solar)
>>
>>707511
heck yeah, i know a guy who runs pirate radio out of a transit. fun stuff, and it's apparently a great vehicle all by itself
>>
File: Magictourbus.png (672 KB, 676x683) Image search: [Google]
Magictourbus.png
672 KB, 676x683
>>707154
>>
>>707508
>my bus is great i wouldnt trade it for anything

Well, duh. Then you'd have to live in a culvert.
>>
>>707544
there are some nice culverts out there, don't knock it til youve tried it
>>
>>705404
Denver is full. I'm that guy who will call the cops on your poor ass. Don't come here or else join the plenty of homeless degenerates on the street.
>>
>>705579
My brother is a Ft. Collins police officer. Don't come here. We will crush you further into poverty.
>>
>>707552
you wont, it's all good.
>>
>>707447
>don't have to live in a box
>lives in a school bus

All my keks.
>>
File: motorized bicycle.png (756 KB, 937x538) Image search: [Google]
motorized bicycle.png
756 KB, 937x538
>>707447
>80cc kit bike
if it's one of these it's actually only 66cc
>>
>>707560
i sleep out all the time, i park in the national forest and make a big ole camp for us, then use the small vehicles to go to town and all that.
so yeah, about a million times better than any house ive ever seen, seeing as how you can't take those hundreds of miles inna whenever you want. not to mention insurance and registration isn't shit compared to renting/owning a house

>>707569
cool, it's probably the same thing. i had a cop radar me to check how fast it went, he got me at 33mph. i don't know much about it except what plugs in where since i bought one of the kits where it comes all disassembled. i'm just grateful it works, the chinese can lie about the cc's all they want haha. it's awesome taking it out on the trails in the forest.
is that one yours?
>>
>>705579
>>705627

I'm in Berkeley so we have plenty of homeless people, but I rarely see young people begging like this. Or the obnoxious fauxhemian types (maybe they're just better at blending in).

I know a Chevy Cobalt is not the nicest car but it's new enough and just seem so weird for someone to be begging with it.

>>705404

Anyway, I don't know how big the Reddit hate is on the board but the Vandwelling subreddit there has lots of good info on this stuff. A car's a bit more obvious but doable

http://imgur.com/a/7oRr4#1
>>
>>707604
i know it goes against everything /out/ believes in, but some people actually like helping. this board likes to pretend i shake people down or something, if you don't approach me while i'm jugging, you wont hear me say a word.
being an old home bum and begging is completely different from me stopping off the interstate for 30 mins to grab some gasoline before fucking off again.
my favorites are the people who act like these folks here, hate what i'm doing, tell me to get a job, ask how i can possibly stand to be a leech on society when i'm physically able to work my youth away instead. then they throw me a couple bucks because deep down they know they'd want it too should they ever need it. even with all the socially conditioned hate, sometimes people's goodness still shines through.
it's always a nice mood lifter, being reassured the whole country isn't full of hateful pricks like /out/, it especially does me good with where i came from. knowing i built all of this without subscribing, loving a life that came from shit. i took opportunity and ran with it.
shame folks around here can't see through the stigma and bias and have to fill a thread with bullshit when all i did was come in to post on topic.
>>
>>707626

Eh, I guess I'd feel weird if I owned a bus and a car and then relied on others to pay for my gas.

And $400 is probably more than 30 minutes I'd guess. >>705758

Are you opposed to just working for a bit or finding odd jobs in different towns to get some gas money?

I don't know why people are being so hostile on here but I understand why the begging rubs people the wrong way in this situation. I lived out of my truck for a month and plan on doing it again to avoid paying $800 for a place to sleep so I'm not opposed to the general idea.

At least there's this guy
>>707302
>>
>>707634
that $400 was from busking in pretty perfect conditions. i don't fly anymore, i make plenty with my music career. i did find many odd jobs, i've laid tile, roofed, painted, farmed, cleaned, washed, you name it if it was a shitty job no one else wanted, i did it. most of the time i made enough busking on the street to get by just fine. i've never been on welfare, foodstmps or anything.
i didn't expect all the hatred the first time i came to /out/, but at least i can lurk and answer peoples questions when they have nothing else to turn to. /out/s main advice to homeless people is to live in a shelter and get a job and place from there, which if you have ever experienced shelter life you know that's total bullshit. their other piece of advice, "kill yourself homeless fuck" is equally useless. you have to look outside the box to excel living like this. people shoot you dirty looks from time to time but it's nothing like /out/ in real life.
>>
>>707581
yeah i agree it's pretty fun. My GPS clocked me at 32 so we probably have the same/similar model. Mine's out of commission right now, but i'm thinking of switching to a 4 stroke version for reliability and noise concerns
>trails
agreed. log blocking your path? lol just lift that puppy on over.
>>
>>707652
yeah mine looks exactly like yours. i just had my throttle handle break on me a few days ago, the cheap plastic gave way to the pressure from the line and broke into 5 or 6 different pieces haha. had two new ones delivered in 2 days thanks to amazon. it's nice that you can find all the separate parts to buy cheap if something craps out.
i was thinking of spending a couple grand on a really nice electric one. that way i can charge on solar and some of them get pretty crazy range.
>>
>>707666
yeah the quality can be dodgy on some of the parts
i had a similar issue starting out. the metal nub on the end of the throttle line slid off of the cable. fixed it by just building up solder on the end until it matched the dimensions of the original.
where did you order the original kit?
also checked, satan
>>
>>707702
i got it on craigslist from a guy who had wanted to do a build but never found the time. i got the bike from him too, whole package $150 which from what i see on line is just a bit less than the kits go new. i did have to use some jb weld steel stik on the gas tank as it had a little crack from one of the steel nubs that holds the brake cable to the frame. i put a piece of bike wheel inner tube over the nubs and it's been great ever since. that steel stik is a life saver, good to have around.
i'm going to remember that if that throttle nub breaks. good idea.
>>
>>707639

Ok yeah, if you're supporting yourself through music and other work without welfare then there's not much to complain about. Not sure why /out/ has such a conservative take on it. It is 4chan I guess.
>>
>>707743
they mostly just ignore everything i say and shitpost in every thread instead of discussing anything. oh well.
>>
>>707783
Your the one ignoring everyone you twat.
>>
>>708243
So if I link all my responses to you does that invalidate all your claims of people ignoring you?

Because that's what you just did.
>>
>>708249
for fucks sake did you even read the thread
its just anon talking random shit that has nothing to do with me or the thread
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.