[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Want to go on a kayaking + camping expedition with friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: ap.jpg (44 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
ap.jpg
44 KB, 300x400
>Want to go on a kayaking + camping expedition with friends
>Spent weeks planning it
>Half our group is female and they're scared (inc gf, so can't kick them out)
>Moreover their parents aren't allowing them to go

What can I do /out/? I reckon you have some kind of experience with team problems. I thought that if I make a very detailed plan that shows I know what I'm doing would convince them and their parents, but apparently not.
>>
>>704282
>>Moreover their parents aren't allowing them to go
get older?
>>
>I'm so sorry you couldn't come, but I put a lot of work into this
>go kayaking

If your woman can't handle that, you need to get a new one.
>>
>>704285
Yeah the problem is we wanted to go on *a* holiday, and this was my idea for it, I can't go on my own or with friends because we all planned to go together, and doing both would cost too much
>>
>>704287
If your gf is under 18 then she's not the one you'll end up with anyway so stop being a sub. If she is 18, her parents *suggested* that she not go. Or its a cop-out because she doesn't take responsibility for her own decisions.

So >>704285 is my suggestion as well. Stop being a pussy and do what you want. She may even respect you for it.
>>
>Go solo.
>Meet girls that already kayak
>Get digits

WTF op?
>>
>>704296
Not really, we're college students and she lives with her parents
>>
>>704309
if she still lives with her parents, then she's still a child. Go bang an adult
>>
>>704314
I asked for advice on how to convince people, not relationship advice you fucking guru

For the record people who live with their parents in college actually want to focus on education, as opposed to the fags that haunt dorms who only care about partying and getting drunk. Now answer my question or GTFO
>>
>>704282
Sucks that they chicken out only after you spend that much time planning this.

But there is nothing to be done, imho. Just go alone/without the girls. /out/-ing isn't for everyone and being on a multiple day outdoor trip with people who have never done this and might not even like this kind of experience will just ruin it for everyone.
Think of bad weather, all your stuff getting wet and dirty, etc ... You don't want to be the guy who convinced them that this trip was a better idea than just doing an ordinary hotel trip.
>>
>>704300
dubs for truth m9
>>
>>704348
Yeh kinda this. You shouldn't have to convince people.
You'll be absolutely held responsable for anything. If the weather goes bad or someone gets hurt they're going to hate you for it. Escpecially since this is a group you don't want that responsibility.
Not worth it.
>>
>>704348
>>704361
True, but I don't want to create a mega-budget kayaking holiday with other mates compromised by this
>>
>>704361
> going to hate you

Sorry bro, they already hate you or would go.

>They don't trust you.
>Your gf wants to be with somebody else while you're gone.
>She's already found somebody and she hates you.
>She's fucking her prof for grades.
> She's preggo by him.

Sorry dude. Just go and find someone else, it's for the best in the long run.
>>
>>704383
>Your gf wants to be with somebody else while you're gone.
My god...
>>
>>704319
It's called getting an apartment. And a job. Don't depend on your parents.

That being said, it seems like her folks are real sticklers. Probably won't be able to convince them. What aspect are they hung up about, her being alone with you for a few days, the being in the wilderness, or something else?
>>
>>704282
Go post this in /adv/
>>
>>704388
They like me, so that is not the problem. It's the wilderness they're afraid of, even though we will probably have to stay in farmland most of the time.
>>
>>704388
Not op, but I understood:

> group of friends want to go on _some_ kind of vacation
> nobody can be arsed to get any planning done
> op sits down and plans the ultimate /out/-trip he always wanted to do
> hopes everyone likes it
> they don't

So yeah, just let it go op. Do some "normal" vacation with your friends and have fun. Keep that outdoor-trip for another time and plan it/go with people who actually like this kind of stuff.
>>
>>704392
>>704401
That or it's bro time. Bring some booze instead of women, and just relax with your friends. If all the chicks don't want to spend a few days on the river in the woods, then leave them. You'll see her again in a few days, just enjoy yourself. For future advise though, I would say slowly get her into /out/. Start with like a 10 mile day trip down a river. Hike a few local parks. She'll slowly want to do more and more, and that's when you do week long excursions.
>>
>>704392
>They like me

Doesn't mean they don't trust you to not put your peen in her vajeen

Especially if you two are at the age where she still has to ask her parents to go on a trip.
>>
>>704401
10/10

Even worse they just wanted to get a package deal

Now I can't be insulted with casualness like that
>>
File: fat doge.jpg (88 KB, 970x617) Image search: [Google]
fat doge.jpg
88 KB, 970x617
>>704314
>baging adults
>in pre-historic painting cave wall
>>
>>704282
>>704401
>>704412
This seems the best course of action, OP. Assemble your dream-team for your dream trip, it seems to me that the people involved are not the caliber of people for what you wished. Just ask them what they would feel would make a more enjoyable/comfortable trip for the group involved. That really sucks, man.
>>
>>704319
>Now answer my question or GTFO

No
>>
This thread sucks. On the off chance OP is not a fag, OPs friends certainly suck.
>>
>>704432
> Now I can't be insulted with casualness like that

Stop being so bigheaded. You know, there are quite some steps between going full bear grylls innawoods and getting your ass pampered at some all inclusive hotel.

Why not just renting some forest hut or remote located holiday home? You can do all sorts of single day outdoor-activities from there and still enjoy some amenities + have a comfy retreat in case of bad weather.

You shouldn't go kayaking with a group of total novices in the *real* wilderness anyway, that's just calling for disaster.
>>
>>704583
We weren't even going on whitewaters

>>704848
Fair enough, I'll take it into account. Thanks m8.

>>704984
It's not the wilderness, it's a river flowing through mostly farmland and rural villages but with a lot of historic region around it. I'll take that into account though.
>>
>>704319
>I asked for advice on how to convince people
Don't, scale down. Figure out the scary part for them, and do something to alleviate it. For instance, my Wife was too scared to camp in a tent, so we did a small, cheap "cabin" instead (it was basically a small box with room for a bed and a toliet and that's it). That way we still got to hike/kayak/etc.

We're going to continue to do small hiking trips and work up to staying overnight later.

Also, the "parent's won't let them" trigger'd me as well. Living with your parents to save money is fine, letting them make decisions for you is not. My autism wouldn't let me not say something about it, sorry.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.