[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know how available campgrounds are? Me and my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: zion.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1330) Image search: [Google]
zion.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1330
Anyone know how available campgrounds are? Me and my friends were gonna go to Joshua tree this weekend (we live in LA), but I called in and they said they fill up by thursday. So I thought Zion, but I don't want to drive 7 hours and then have there be no spots...

No reservable spots are open, so I'm asking about the walk-in, first come first serve campgrounds instead.
>>
>>702375
Come to ks.. always room to camp here
>>
>>702375
I haven't been to a campground for anything other than refilling my water since I was a kid.

Why would you want to pay, just to listen to kids screaming and drunkards arguing about guns all night? Find yourself a nice section of forestry land where you won't see or hear another sign of civilization.
>>
>>702403
Not much dispersed camping in southern cal
>>
>>702384
why would you ever tell anyone to come here you asshole
>>
>>702476
Hes from cali, he wont come anyway. Chill my fellow statesman
>>
> no place to camp in 7 hrs of driving

Just wow.

> why couldn't tje Indian stay at the hotel?
> he didn't have a Reservation

Nope. OP, there is NO PLACE TO CAMP WITHIN SEVEN HRS DRIVE FROM LA.

Better stay in LA.
>>
>>702375
Bring a bike in your car, park it at a nearby RV park and bike the extra 5 miles to get a hiker/biker spot which are rarely contested this time of year
>>
>>702406
Even in forestry land? I thought that the federal rules applied in nation forests?
>>
>>702406
Yes there is, at the southern end of the Sierra
>>
>>702406
yep, none of that here

>>702849
shut the fuck up.
>>
angeles national forest
>>
>>702375
>No reservable spots are open, so I'm asking about the walk-in, first come first serve campgrounds instead.

I've been to Zion 5 times or so and never once paid to camp. I usually go on BLM land oustide the eastern edge of the park. Have also camped on BLM land along the road to the Kolob Canyons section of Zion.
>>
>>702375

Take a look at that photo Zion in your post OP.
Why would you even want to consider going to Joshua Tree.
Use your head!
>>
Last year I had a fairly upsetting situation on public lands just above the town of Rockville near Zion. I set up my tent there and I made sure that I was on public lands, as it was pronounced public by several signs. However, there was this lady who approached me in the evening. Seemed to live up in the mountains nearby. She got out of her car, unleashed her to dogs and made them charge at me. She then proceeded to yell at me to fuck off and break off my tent. There was no reasonable talking to that bitch. She didn't even let me answer her request and got ever more angry. All the while she hid her hand behind her back which made me assume she was armed with a gun. So I wasn't in the mood for an argument, although I knew I did nothing wrong. But this lady didn't even let me break off my tent. She literally made me walk up to her barking dogs, as these were between me and the tent. Constantly yelling at me to fuck off.
Such an unpleasant human being she was. On my way out I double checked the signs. I was on public lands, free to camp there, but what choices do you have if there are armed lunatics that simply don't want you around?
>>
>>703338
Sounds like you got cucked
>>
All the grounds in the inner city of San Diego are full up this time of year.
If you head up into the mountains, few miles from a town called Julian, there's some grounds.
This is their slow time of year so they're basically empty and on "walk up" status, no reservations.
Went there a few weeks ago, Paso Picacho specifically, and out of the whole place the only ones there were me and the grounds keeper in a trailer.

Would recommend if you want to travel 2 more hours down south. Nice little trout lake a few miles down the road from it too.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.