[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crow General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: crows.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
crows.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
/crowg/. Crows. They're kinda amazing. Post more.
>>
Friend of mine who's a vet tech nursed an injured baby crow back to health two years ago. It still comes back to her house every few weeks.
>>
>>700911

How do they recognize it?
>>
>>700920
It's the only crow that will tap on her window and take a nap on her shoulder.
>>
>>700832
Whats your favorite fictional crow? I prefer Jeremy from 'Mrs Frisbee and the rats of NIMH'>>700920
>>
>>700832
I hear they taste like chicken, except dirtier.
>>
Another good crow story: I knew a /p/ who had put a couple fake ravens on his balcony for a photoshoot once and the neighborhood murder landed all over his railings and wouldn't leave until he took them down.
>>
>>700942
*/p/hotographer
>>
>>700832
crow hunting season is in high right now.

fuck those little black bastards.
>>
File: 1455832072063.png (350 KB, 1103x825) Image search: [Google]
1455832072063.png
350 KB, 1103x825
>>700832
>>
Knew a girl that ran a wildlife rehab that took care of a baby injured crow. It mimics words, which is pretty cool, but it's favorite are 'shit' and 'help me' which is a little spooky at 4-5 am
>>
File: caw.jpg (61 KB, 208x260) Image search: [Google]
caw.jpg
61 KB, 208x260
>>700832
>>
>>700972
KIlling crows is bad luck.
>>
I wish I had a video, but a few weeks ago I saw a crow fly up to the top of a big pile of snow, roll down it, shake himself, fly back up, and roll down again. It was pretty fuckin' kawaii.
>>
>>700995
> fucking animist
>>
File: IMG_0933.jpg (129 KB, 1075x806) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0933.jpg
129 KB, 1075x806
Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviorist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

The scientific conclusion was that while all the lookout crows could say "Cah", none could say "Truck."
>>
>>701019
> esp regional accent

Subtle. Me like.
>>
>>701019
My partner is an ornithologist, I had a good chuckle
>>
>>700930

>The other crows ring the doorbell
>>
>>701019

Kek this actually happens in Aus, where I'm from. There's a certain species of native bird that easts roadkill, and they gorge themselves on it then when a truck comes they are too heavy to get off the ground before they get hit. The worst is when they get just about windscreen height, and then BAM windscreen full of shit.
>>
>>700972
Always crow season here
>>
I was going to post Indian crows but indians killed all of them with pesticide. Good job india.
>>
>>700934
Tfw John Uskglass comes to you in a flock of crows at Dawn. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.
>>
>>700934
Does the nevermore raven count?
>>
>>700995
I found a rook lying crippled in a driveway and gave it a quick death by snapping its neck. It was motionless as I walked up to it but when I picked it up it gave this fucking dolorous moan and looked me right in the eye. It knew exactly what was going on; I hope it felt I was doing it a favor.
>>
Love crows, see a few where I work its weird to explain but I feel you can tell the difference between them because they have character. Anyone know if they're closely related to Magpies? They seem to have similar size shape and behaviour.
>magpie related; feel free to get /x/. A young magpie dive bombed my dads rental car on the passenger side of the wind screen where I was sitting and just exploded. I was reading a shamnic spirit animals guide someone had bought me and had already seen several groups of magpies (7 and above) that day.
>>
Muh last name
>>
File: 2010.jpg (173 KB, 766x687) Image search: [Google]
2010.jpg
173 KB, 766x687
>>702166
>>
File: Courtyard.jpg (271 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Courtyard.jpg
271 KB, 1000x750
I used to live in a highrise apartment near Sydney Harbour and every day at sunset, when the last orange light warmed the side of the building, every windowsill and balcony railing would have an Australian Raven perched on it... soaking up the last warmth before night. It was an amazing and spooky sight... and it was daily. Pic is the building but sans ravens.

Also, link related, feels incoming:
https://youtu.be/eGT548fAjMQ
>>
yo crows are fucking WILD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OFiTp8mtuI
>>
fuck these little bastards

https://youtu.be/5OFiTp8mtuI?t=1070
>>
File: WorldWarCrow.png (188 KB, 879x396) Image search: [Google]
WorldWarCrow.png
188 KB, 879x396
>>700832
>>
>>702845
This isn't the full version I don't think. I've seen this same story posted only it tells what happens when the crows actually fought.
>>
>>702845
>>702847
Yeah there's a second part and it's very entertaining.

While we're talking about crows, what about grackles? How can I tell a crow from a grackle? They're everywhere in parking lots and people call them crows, but grackles make really weird-ass noises and don't say "caw".

Are grackles similar in intelligence to crows or Are they stupid as fuck?
>>
>>702865
Grackles are very distinctive. Some are brown. They have much longer tail feathers, a more slender build, and bright yelloweyes
>>
ravens are awesome birds where I live in Melbourne when its above 35 I started putting a bowl of cold water out for the crows started with one now 5-6 will come over when they see me on a very hot day and ill hook them up with some water. I have the utmost respect for them and magpies they recognize faces and have great memories.
>>
Crows are the best. I was on this jobsite on and off for a couple months last year and every time I was there I'd go to the grocery store across the street at lunch and buy a bag of peanuts for me and the crows. It got to the point where they'd recognize me and call their friends over.
>>
>>703240
>>>/pol/
and stay there.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.