[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any anons out there got some Common Carp fishing tactics I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 35lbs 4Chan.jpg (3 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
35lbs 4Chan.jpg
3 MB, 2322x4128
Any anons out there got some Common Carp fishing tactics I should know?

Pic is me when I was 16 and I caught a 35 pounder.
>>
I heard on Facebook that Common Carp is hurting our kids.
>>
>>688445
what do you do with them? here they are garbage fish.
>>
>>688448
hence you should fish for them and reduce their numbers
>>
>>688448
in my country people eat them almost exclusively
it's basically "the fish"

i don't get it it tastes disgusting.
>>
>>688445
Sweet corn on a regular hook, white bread with no crust on a treble hook. Cast wherever. They will eventually bite.
>>
>>688445
Aha, from the thumbnail i thought it was a Roman wearing scale armour
>>
>buddy brags about his homeade catfish dough
>we head to spillway to catch some cats to fry up
>his "special" doughbait is oatmeal, flour and vanilla extract.
>load up our trebles and throw out a line.
>big ass bite within 5min. Damn, buddies bait is legit
>reel in a carp.
>buddy gets a carp.
>I catch another 3 carps before I decide to quit using the special catfish dough.
TL;DR
Mix oatmeal, flour, and imitation vanilla flavoring into a thock dough. It is shit for catfish but pretty good for carp.
>>
>>688474
Sweet does work pretty well for carp. All the store bought doughbaits I have used for carp had a vanilla and/or anise taste.

When I used to do the white bread balls, I would pour some Pepsi or something on them. No idea if it was really any better. If carp are around, they will eat whatever.
>>
>>688445
Back in Manitoba they make it into the ditches and people catch em with nets, spears or even bows. They are considered bottom of the barrel fish but I dont mind eating them.
>>
>>688445
Throw can of sweet corn with a strainer over the top of it into the water to attract the carp. Drop hook lined with corn right in front of it.
>>
>>688445

Canned corn

>>688448

Sell them to niggers.>>688450
>>
File: 1404277748271.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1404277748271.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>688628
>implying niggers know how to filet fish
>implying niggers even eat fish
>>
>>688630
>has never watched Niggas in a River

And you call yourself a fisherman.
>>
>>688628
>>688630
I used to go fishing at this little pond by my house when I was like 10. Mexicans used to have parties there, and they would always take the carp from me and cook them up. One time dude paid me $5 for one.
>>
>>688448
I just released them.
>>
>>688630
LOL my dad used to tell me stories when I was young about how he gave all his carp to blacks.
>>
>>688461
What country? Because that's pretty weird.
>>
Dog food
>>
>>688630
Rural niggers love fishing. I've never seen one in a boat, they're always sitting in a lawn chair or on a 5 gallon bucket from the shore using some shitty old zebco. 90% of the time they're fishing for catfish around here but they'll eat just about anything they reel in. One time I saw one taking a damn red-ear turtle home that he caught somehow, said he was gonna make stew with it.
>>
>>689111
>Knocking someone for living off the land.

Leave this board and kill yourself
>>
Grab yourself a bowfishing setup and have at it. Much easier than fishing for them
>>
File: 1455395742797.jpg (124 KB, 640x748) Image search: [Google]
1455395742797.jpg
124 KB, 640x748
>>688447
kek
>>
You can chum with old bread and use white cloth on your hook and you're golden. Never need to re-bait your hook that way.
>>
>>689157
When did I "knock" anyone?
>>
>>688447
Yes.
Clearly obesity.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.