[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> mfw reading about this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 480x454
reader beware you're in for a scare: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpacker_murders
This kinda stuff doesn't happen anymore r-right?
>>
File: 1442058616853.jpg (80 KB, 573x841) Image search: [Google]
1442058616853.jpg
80 KB, 573x841
Take a nice little gun with you and you should be fine. Does he look like hes scared of backpack-murders? No? There is your answer.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 750x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 750x712
> tfw wanted to ride train and be a vagrant out west but it turns out there is a railroad gang who kill hobos www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Joseph_Silveria,_Jr.
>>
>>686550
>be sleeping in hammock
>serial killer stalks you and shoots you 10 times in back of head
Explain how a gun would help you in this situation?
>>
File: 1414434227738.gif (3 MB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
1414434227738.gif
3 MB, 352x288
>>686556
>be sleeping in house at 2am
>arsonist bombs my house

guess I shouldn't ever buy a fire extinguisher
>>
>>686556
this is exactly why i carry bear spray instead
>>
File: congo-2.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
congo-2.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
>>686556

>not surrounding your campsite in laser tripwires connected to miniguns
>no half dozen guard dogs

It's like you want to be attacked by killer grey gorillas.
>>
>>686627
That movie scared the shit out of me as a kid...
>>
The world is full of sick violent fuckheads, doesn't matter what you're doing or what the context is. Don't worry about this stuff, but take the time to be careful and aware.
>>
>>686556
We also have to carry with you a tactical pupper, then you're set against watever happens.
>>
I hiked the appalachian trail for a week one time with a buddy. Second night while at a shelter with 4 other people one of the people told us they heard the previous day, that there was a person roaming the trail who had escaped from a criminal psychiatric institution nearby. I had my .45 on me. Pretty fuckin glad I did after that story. Just sayin...
>>
meanwhile in australia
http://www.baka.com.au/national/female-backpackers-escape-alleged-kidnapping-and-murder-in-south-australian-bush-20160210-gmqnbc.html
>>
>>686755
>Second night while at a shelter with 4 other people one of the people told us they heard the previous day, that there was a person roaming the trail who had escaped from a criminal psychiatric institution nearby.

I hate those faggots who make up bullshit like that just to sound/act cool and try to spook everyone else out. He was probably a neo-hippie pothead too.
>>
>>686768

The person who told me that was actually a girl. She was with her boyfriend who happened to be a medical doctor, I worked with him a few times in a nearby ER about 8 months later coincidentally. I believe what she said.
>>
Imagine it though OP, deep in the woods, suddenly a figure across from your campfire, this is it, a real battle for survival, laws, family, status, they don't matter. It's you and that man and someone is dying around that fire.

Make sure you don't show fear. Be bold, if it is your last moment always be bold. Grab your machete and say something hardcore like

>You're standing in my light
Or
>You're a big guy

Then man's primal instinct will take over and it will be mortal combat.

Unless someone has a gun ig.
>>
File: vagabond-44347.jpg (138 KB, 800x1158) Image search: [Google]
vagabond-44347.jpg
138 KB, 800x1158
>Milat went on hunger strike, losing 25 kilograms in an unsuccessful attempt to be given a PlayStation

FUCKING KEK
>>
>>686545
it does happen
but they can't kill you if they can't find you
>>
>>686627
>Bingo bango bongo I don't wanna leave the Congo.
>>
>>687786
was just about to post that lol
#justvidyamems
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belanglo_State_Forest
seems like a fucked up place. damn aussies should just stop at banter and leave backpackers alone. At least in Murica you can have a gun or a knife to protect yourself.
>>
>>686545
Are you a pussy? You're many times more likely to die in a car wreck than on the trail

Yet people aren't scared to commute to work
>>
>>688029
Aren't they?
>>
>>688031
They should be.
>>
>>686556
Tin cans, fishing line, and rocks. Worked with the nips in WWII well enough
>>
>>686620
It really is like all of /out/ is autistic or retarded. You do realize actual bear spray is just a weak ass version of real pepper spray, right? You might as well just throw jalapenos at the would-be murderer
>>
>>686545
What is, "Wolf Creek", Alex?
>>
>>688081
That isn't how it is rated. You need to look at "relative hotness of spray".
>>
>>688081
Nigger, go to the grocery store right now, buy a habanero pepper, cut it in half, and rub the cut edges directly onto your eyeballs. I fucking dare you.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.