[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuff you wish you didn't buy general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 52
File: GerberPOS.jpg (69 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
GerberPOS.jpg
69 KB, 1000x1000
/SYWYDBG/

I figure this is a decent idea for a thread. Post pics/describe items you've shelled out a few bucks for that you later regretted once getting out in the wilderness.

pic related: I bought this combo axe/saw and got a shitty axe and a shitty saw. In hindsight, I should have bought a fiskars or a nice wooden handle axe. It took me so much longer to chop wood with this compared to when I borrowed by buddy's fiscars axe (orange handle, composite grip)

you live and you learn
>>
File: savingthethumbnail.jpg (3 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
savingthethumbnail.jpg
3 KB, 125x112
>>676932
>inb4 yes I did sharpen the blades before going outside
>>
>>676932
>buying shitty """""""""""""""""""""""tactical"""""""""""""""""""""""" axes
>not making your own axe with a polished stone

shaking my head to be honest
>>
>>676932
1 day after warranty expired.
>>
File: 61kXP76lXOL._SY450_.jpg (5 KB, 71x450) Image search: [Google]
61kXP76lXOL._SY450_.jpg
5 KB, 71x450
Camillus Carnivore. Absolute shit, didn't do any research and bought it because I thought it was neat. The thing broke in half. Fortunately I was just chopping in the back yard and not on a 3 day + outing.
>>
>>677640
>Fortunately I was just chopping in the back yard and not on a 3 day + outing.

Sounds like about 90% of the time a knife is being used for the average knife fag.
>>
>>677639
kek'd at image
>>
File: gb758.jpg (2 MB, 3664x2420) Image search: [Google]
gb758.jpg
2 MB, 3664x2420
>>676932
this (not my pic but same product)
my regret is particularly related to how i didn't learn how to use a machete and what to look for in a machete before buying one.
i figured it's the only machete on the market with a functional saw on the back and i wanted it in my car survival kit (didn't want an entire toolkit just a single item) you know if i get stuck with my car need to create shelter or get some wood under the tire to unstuck the car etc...

but the gerber gator has a handle that rips the flesh off your hands if you try to use it properly as a machete should be used and even if you grip it firmly in a death grip it will create hotspots in two swings.

basically it's utter shit already and we didn't even get to the blade...

i wish i could find a retard that takes it off my hands.
>>
>>677716
Machetes are not supposed to have a saw on the back. On some models, there is teeth on the back to move branches or bush away when it is better than chopping them, but if you are going to make large moves, you want the back to be safe.
>>
>>677733
well it seemed like a good idea at the time
one thing is for sure after having this in my hand this is not something you want to hack at zombies with.
this is to clear a path from grass and small twigs less than half an inch in diameter.
everything bigger you will want to use the saw which actually works.
as for it not being safe i never heard anyone complaining about that and can't imagine a legit scenario where it would be a problem.
>>
>>677640

New Camillus is below shit.

Old Camillus is top tier and very sought after by collectors.
>>
>>677716

Next time buy a good machete and a good saw.
>>
>>677773
nah, it's silly to buy a machete for me.
you have to take into account of your environment.
here a hatchet serves better so that is what i have bought. it's a multitool really it can do everything a machete and a saw can (except for clearing a path in the jungle) and can do some more.
i'm very satisfied with my hatchet.
>>
File: Parang_three_quarter.jpg (62 KB, 1000x581) Image search: [Google]
Parang_three_quarter.jpg
62 KB, 1000x581
>>677751
Machetes are great for minor stuff like you said, or in Central and South American Jungle which is relatively leafy. A parang is much better suited to cutting brush and woody plants, or in SE Asian Jungles. It has a thicker blade, the slightly heavier blade makes driving it into wood so much easier.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1470x313
>>677771
WHat is the cutoff year for decent camilius? Pic related is my camilius boy scout pocket knife from the early 90s
>>
>>677771

god you sound like such a faggot

why do you even know such worthless shit?
>>
>>677716
>i wish i could find a retard that takes it off my hands.
>>>/k/
>>
>>677810
>parang
>post pics of shitty meme knife with parang name
>not posting a real parang
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 640x1136
>>676932
Anon said he was too poor to buy braid for his new reel and wanted to run a stupid heavy weight mono.

I told him I would buy him the damn $15 150yd spool. Reel holds 265yds of 30lb braid. And of course he needed a lure for that new rod. I got got.
>>
>>677868
>one a laotian cabinet crafting forum
>asking why someone knows worthless shit
>>
File: 1450718846086.jpg (89 KB, 630x407) Image search: [Google]
1450718846086.jpg
89 KB, 630x407
My lodge fire pit stove grille, it just is not good for anything more than heat and burning food.

pic is related, mine is in storage slowly rusting.
>>
File: 1003-kellykettle-3.jpg (10 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1003-kellykettle-3.jpg
10 KB, 295x295
this is a really fun thing to use, but it gets covered with tarry soot, and the little pan on a stand and the microscopic grill are joke items. all it can do is boil water, it doesn't hold much if you use it as a bottle and then the damn cork pops out when the chain snags on something.
i always pack it but then end up unpacking it as i shave the pile of kit down.
>>
>>677874
You can't get 'got' on a RAK Peps, you done good and I'm proud of ya!
>>
File: cuda2.jpg~original.jpg (61 KB, 648x422) Image search: [Google]
cuda2.jpg~original.jpg
61 KB, 648x422
>>677852

I dont know dates, just by designs.

I have this one and it goes for crazy money on the second hand market.

Top tier also.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (5 KB, 323x156) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
5 KB, 323x156
Yup...
>>
>>678449
Are they really that bad? Or just the BG stamp?
>>
>>678449
>>678454
Also interested if they are actually bad?

I mean they look super tacticool, and they huge logos are awful, but the stats sound like a really good bushcraft knife.
>>
File: light-my-fire-spork-01-800x600.jpg (34 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
light-my-fire-spork-01-800x600.jpg
34 KB, 800x600
I bought two of these, and both broke on my in the woods, before I bought a titanium spork. So much better.

Even just having the spoon on one side and fork on the other is just so stupid.
>>
>>678454
>>678474
Not bad at all, in fact they are very good, /out just whines sometimes.
Are there better ones? sure there are
Are there worse? of course.

I like bright orange so I don't lose things so +1
>>
>>678009

...that looks like something I'd use for shits and giggles, like my bio lite stove.
>>
>>678475
how the fuck did you break them?
>>
>>678489
you forgot the main point
not bad at all but awful for the price
it's sold in the price range of good knives made of good steel real full tang construction and excellent heat treat, while it's a knife that is so-so only not full tang and have a lot of useless meme features like the lanyard holes that only serve to weaken it..
>>
>>678612
Read the reviews on it, they're essentially disposable.
>>
Jet Boil shit. It's heavy, cost too much and is basically impractical on the field for long trips. I should have bought a simple stove.
>>
>>678639
dunno i had them for a while now
no indication of any weakness of frailness
>>
File: cheap-fork.jpg (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cheap-fork.jpg
19 KB, 600x600
>>678639
practice eating with one of these you will never break a light my fire one.
>>
File: 1454033286854.jpg (240 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
1454033286854.jpg
240 KB, 620x430
>>678647
I never understood the point of these. I bought one of the <10 dollar stoves on amazon. I just bring a tank of gas and some tin foil for a wind screen. ...... I guess what I'm asking is what is the benefit of this more complicated stove system?
>>
>>678734
>>678647
it's the combination of burner, regulator, heat exchanger and insulated container that lock together that makes jetboil pretty awesome.

there are few burner/windscreen/container combos that can boil 1L of water with just 8g of fuel, and in 4.5 minutes too. performance wise, the msr reactor is slightly better, but weighs even more and is very bulky.

the regulated valve makes a huge difference when simmering. it delivers fairly constant temperature even at high altitudes. a needle valve on a $10 burner won't do that.

the contained flame and secure attachment between fuel/burner/container means that it's quite safe to use inside a vented tent/vestibule. it's also easy to hang up when climbing.

the insulated sleeve is comfortable to hold too!

jeboil is one of those things that appears to be simple, but because of the way it's integrated, is worth way more the sum of its parts.
>>
>>678475

this

fucking broke mine on accident
dont even know how it happened

it was sitting on my desk for a month, then one day it decided to fall on the floor and go under my foot while i was stepping downward

those shits are so prone to breaking they will pretty much do it themselves
>>
>>678751
yea but why not just bring slightly more fuel with the setup mentioned in >>678734

i think jetboil only makes sense on a himalayan climb
>>
File: fixit tursett.jpg (81 KB, 485x393) Image search: [Google]
fixit tursett.jpg
81 KB, 485x393
This set was very cheap. I already knew the tools would not be of super quality (the axe and all knifeblades were dull and had to be sharpened), I just wanted some basic tools that I could use and for the price, there is a lot of things in this package.
It cost 400 NOK (~46 usd/42 euro) here in Norway, and Norway is already an expensive country, so it's cheap by our standards.

my problem is that the only tools I am using when I go out is the eating tool. When it comes to the other tools, I now have a nicer knife, multitool, flashlight and saw and so on. So I don't feel like using these tools because I have nicer ones. These can be backup tools though, in case something breaks. When you buy something cheap it's very tempting to upgrade to something better after a while.
>>
>>678815
>i think jetboil only makes sense on a himalayan climb

exactly
its the same thing with down products too

they have been marketed to idiots who haven't got a clue about how to properly spend their money.

down is such a shitty product
there is only one very specific and extreme situation where down would be worth travelling with, its such a pissy delicate product.
of course they have new dridown now which is a million times better but people have been using the traditional down for so long that it really shouldn't have gone this far

you literally need to treat down with a cancerous hydrophobic chemical for it to be practical outdoors
>>
>>678489
I've got an Esee 6 with orange handle scales. Good knife, unbeatable warranty, and I won't lose it. Props to my father on that call.
>>
>>678614
The old models weren't full tang. The new model is full tang.
>>
>>676932

Odd that a Fiskars axe would do better than a Gerber axe when they are the same thing.
>>
>>678822
Keep them in your car for an emergency, they may not be all that great but they'll be better than having no tools of you need them.
>>
Threads like this one should be as frequent as knife threads.
All these knife threads on /out/. Yet more than half of the complaints in this thread are about knives. Ever stopped to think that maybe all of those knives are pretty much useless shit?
Knives are pretty cool to look at, to hold in your hand, and to collect. I understand. But really all you could possibly need for hiking, hunting, or fishing would be something like a benchmade griptilian. And for car camping or trying Ray Mears stuff, a modest fixed blade knife.
You don't NEED a zombie hunter ex-3 carbide-titano machete with glow in the dark handles
>>
>>678454
>>678474
Being the guy that you're replying to, let me elaborate. I bought it in sheer ignorance. The bells and whistles were enough to grab me over the bk2 which is a better knife at the same price point. If it were a $30 knife it would be amazing. If it were american made at it's current range it would be great. If the sheath wasn't total garbage with a loop that's too small for most belts and the fire steel wasn't an inch too short, it would be amazing. But it's not. And it was dull almost completely from box and that sharpening system on the back did NOTHING in terms of assistance in edge maintenance. It was a bust, built on a gimmick in a price range suited for better blades.
>>
Aluminium cookset, it was from Trangia I believe. The first day I tried it a crack appeared in one of the bowls as I was boiling water and now it leaks water. Switched to stainless steel, don't trust aluminium.
>>
File: 1452829163521.jpg (48 KB, 541x960) Image search: [Google]
1452829163521.jpg
48 KB, 541x960
>>678950
OP here, I'll make another when this one 404s. Feel free to do the same if you see it 404 first. I figure that this sort of thread will always produce useful information.... a sort of /out/ buyer beware system
>>
>>678815
because the weight of an isobutane can is nearly half steel, and comes in fixed volumes. bringing a "little more" could mean an entire can more.

and this is ignoring the speed, consistency, and convenience of the jetboil. like I said, it's something that seems dumb until you've used it.
>>
>>679027

nah, its a little more convenient
but actually its not because of the extra weight

etekcity stove + straight ontop of can works just fine
jetboil is a total gimmick
>>
>>679027
I agree with >>679030

The improved efficacy of the jetfoil doesn't justify the extra bulkiness/weight.

Like I said before, maybe if your climbing in the himalayas or something, it'd be worth it. Otherwise, I'd rather spend my money on something else
>>
>>678612>>678656

I dunno, they just...broke. The fork tines would snap off. Maybe I'm just Crazy POWERFUL!!

But nah, they just kind of stunk.

>>678679
I suppose... But I just decided to buy a titanium one for like $5.
>>
>>678834
What are you even talking about?

Down puffy coats are not hard to take care of at all.
They pack down to nothing, weigh practically nothing, and as long as you take basic precautions to keep them from getting soaked, they are extremely warm.

I'm not saying they are 100% necessary, but they are really nice to have. Basically just a lighter, warmer, more compact fleece.

I think someone has fed you some misinformation about down products.
>>
>>678902
Hm, Smart. I'm going to do this with some odd tools I don't use any more.
>>
>>678959
Dang, well that answers the question.

The belt loop issue and dullness out of the box are especially damning.

Thanks.
>>
>>679083
Truthfully, I got disappointed with it a few months after I bought and I preordered it when it premiered. I wanted to love it. I wanted it to be everything the "expert" reviews said it was. It wasn't. Sorry.
>>
>>679073
>But I just decided to buy a titanium one for like $5.
that's good but here they are $20 that's totally not worth it when the plastic ones are like $2 and they are okay in a pinch.
>>
>>678885
fiskars still makes fiskars axes in finland the rest is chinese as is all gerber stuff.
>>
File: brees.gif (2 MB, 460x238) Image search: [Google]
brees.gif
2 MB, 460x238
>>676932
this a good idea for a thread.... I bought a big stick of pepperoni for my last outing that wasn't worth it.... too greasy to eat in one day, ended up chucking it
>>
File: 223900_01_lg.jpg (111 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
223900_01_lg.jpg
111 KB, 600x600
pic related

>not useful against large predators (bears, etc)
>statistically almost every instance that could arise where i would use it for self defence against people it wouldn't be legally justified and my use of it would be illegal
>not useful or legal for hunting either
>needs to be stored carefuly and kept clean & dry all the time
>is heavy for the size
I guess I'll just keep it in the glove compartment and just use it at the range
>>
>>679281
Any of you guys care to explain to me the fascination with outdoor specific forks and spoons. What was the great tragedy that occurred that made cheap stamped metal forks from goodwill a death sentence while out. I'm genuinely curious. It's one of those things where I don't see its place
>>
>>679439
you usually don't need both fork or spoon for a meal i 99% use only one of them
having it both in one item means it's one thing less to carry.
the plastic ones also weight nothing.
i often just cut and clean branches to make chopsticks and eat with them but making a spoon is more time consuming.
>>
>>679439
I have cheep stamped metal silverware and it's all i need. i have no idea why people actually find these specialty things appealing. fork and knive on opposite ends of the same thing? fucking stupid. my shit is weightless too, like a couple grams at most. it's nice to have a separate fork and spoon.
>>
>>679442
also I eat a lot of rice & beans, pasta, etc type stuff and i find the fork & spoon make a good
team
>>679446
>>
>>679446
well you won't be out without a knife, i don't thing that is woo relevant feature.
the spoon is the most useful hardest to substitute.
>>
>>679453
i meant fork and spoon on opposite ends. yeah the knife part goes without sayin' of course because only the truest purebred whore-borne pleb would not have a knife /out/ already
>>
>>679451
>i find the fork & spoon make a good team
only ever seen it from bud spencer
wtf i thought that was a joke
>>
>>678475
How the fuck did you break one ? I have been using mine everyday for over a year now and no signs of wear or tear at all.
>>
>>679442
>>679446
OK the spoon I understand but the weight is already pretty negligible, well to me anyway. But I guess given the price it can be more of an impulse kinda thing like if you have some change kept over in your amazon cart or something.

I would have to use it for every mean all to justify the purchase of a single utensil. But it's no skin off my back and I suppose having one less item is nice. Whatever works for the individual right
>>
>>679439
#1 it cleans off easier than metal
#2 it weighs less
#3 its all in one
#4 it lays down better on surfaces and less likely to be dropped and knocked about like traditional silverware.
>>
>>679468
maybe there are knockoffs around
or maybe it got too much uv
it's not a fragile feeling plastic at all
>>
>>678475
Spork is otherwise decent but that fucking serrated edge of the fork part is retarded.
>>
>>679533
yeah that hardly makes any sense
also kinda hard to eat with one of these compared to a real spoon or fork the handle is very short and wide
but sure beats not having anything
>>
>>679439
I use a long handled wooden spoon.

it doesn't heat up while I'm cooking, it won't scratch my non stick cookware, and is far more durable than plastic and won't melt in flame.
>>
File: X0xllFK.jpg (198 KB, 1675x1080) Image search: [Google]
X0xllFK.jpg
198 KB, 1675x1080
>>679544
and they say he carved it himself, from a bigger spoon
>>
>>679078

lol REI bitch
what kind of outdoor shit do you do?

you park at the trailhead in your volks wagon listening to shitty meme faggoty fuck vaporwave (tip top meme XDDD) and you go out on yout little pissy bitch nature hike which you think is a real outdoor experience

spend some real time outdoors in a down jacket someday, it will either fall apart or it will surely get moist or damp and become totally worthless

again, you just assume every outdoor experience is this perfect REI little babybitch faggot adventure
>>
>>679553
not the REI bitch but holy shit man, the salt content of your post is off the fucking charts. It's not healthy to be this mad. Chill the fuck out
>>
File: 164.png (29 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
164.png
29 KB, 300x100
>>679553
jesus dude.... is there something you wanna talk about?
>>
>>679553

pic is >>679553 's twitter page
>>
>>676963
so you watch primitivetechnology huh?
so dose everyone else on this board faggot
>>
>>679553
>yfw thru hikers, mountaineers, cross country skiiers, and people on polar expeditions all use down layers

Cool "only bushcrafters are real outdoorsmen" meme. Maybe if you weren't such a dumb piece of shit you'd know how to keep your shit dry when it's raining.
>>
>>679553
WHY SO AGGRO BRO

...I do agree with you, somewhat. Down puffies are great when its pretty cold out but actually wearing them while hiking or backpacking I seemingly never do. So I wear it in camp for an hour in the morning and at night. Even whens its 0-20F out I'm hiking in a base layer or maybe a fleece.

Selling down jackets IS a huge marketing trap (REI employee here...). You'll spend 200+ dollars on a good one and rarely use it, then of course its fragility is an issue because the industry is obsessed with making and marketing ultralight gear which is, as a result, fragile. So the marketing answer to that is "you bought this puffy, but to protect it while you're hiking (which will you will never do) you'll need to buy this hardshell! (insert more industry buzzwords here). Piss away another $100-500 on a rain jacket just to protect your down jacket.

Yes down has the huge benefit of being very warm and light, but the downsides mean that, for the cost, there's many better options out there.
>>
>>677874
Good work out there pepsi, in allegiance I think I may buy my first mepps tonight
>>
File: Uncle-Henry-golden-spike.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Uncle-Henry-golden-spike.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
Pic related.

Broke the blade in half last week while ice fishing. I slightly knocked the blade a bit against the handle of my hand ice auger and the blade, well, it broke in half.

Bought this piece of shit two years ago. Jesus.
>>
>>679715
well that's a shame. schrade used to be so good too. why does everything the chinese touch turn to cheap corrupt shit.

i swear once vaughan manufacturing goes to china i'm checking right the fuck out ;_;

btw, i have a schrade buck-style lockblade that i bought just before the factory closed in the early 2000s and it's great
>>
>>679657
I've had great times with the costco down vests and jackets. just $20 for the vest, $40 for the jacket. it's a 650 fill down, but quite lofty and compressible. they both made it through the PCT just fine. when I felt like I needed a shell to protect from wetness, a $20 set of frogg toggs raingear did the job well.

down doesn't have to be expensive to work well. and it's not nearly as delicate as some would believe.
>>
>>679717
They have a few good ones still even with their manufacturing going to china.
>>
>>679791
I lot lot of knife manufacturers are like that. Lots of fluff and filler with some gems sprinkled in. All I know is schrades new stuff is heavy as fuck and ill stick with my ancient (as in great grandpa's that was ancient when I was born) sharp finger. That's a damn handy knife and I've gotta et a new Sheath for it someday.
>>
>>679791
their manufacturing didn't "go" to china. they shut down completely, went comepletely out of business and closed shop. some chinese company bought the name, purely for marketing reasons, and started pumping out knives called "scrade", but they aren't the designs or manufacturing specs of shrade at all. it's one thing for a company to outsource its manufacturing to chiner, but this isn't even that. there's no relation whatsoever
>>
>>679819
I did the same with my dad's old camillus pilot survivor knife. Broke the tip off reground it and kept it instead of ordering a new from them now.
>>
>>679834
Didn't realize it was more a name buyout instead of an out source deal. Thanks for that. I still stand by what I said. I'd take a buck over a schrade but they still have a few good blades.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 384x384
Love this thread.

Wish I didn't buy this.

Yes I had a mall ninja moment. Sorry
>>
>>679915
yeah it doesn't mean they don't have any good stuff, it's more about the fact that they're trying pulling a fast one buying the name of a reputable company. it's practically a scam if you acks me. even with their good blades, i'm hesitant to support companies like that - and there are many.

basically what happens is a business closes, the grandkids of the founder make one last buck selling the name to a chinese corporation, people keep buying because of brand loyalty and reputation. makes me kind ill. a lot of microphone and audio tech companies have gone that way as well. i don't mind if they manufacture in china to keep costs down, but if it's a complete red chinese farce fuck that

>>680066
it's ok anon
>>
>>680066
I have the same "kukri" from CS, other than the fact that it seems its ground at 30 degrees on each side and chopping anything wider than 3cm will prevent you from holding a fork at your dinner table from the vibrations.
>>
>>679553
Oof kid, you've got a real chip on your shoulder about outdoor stuff becoming popular don't you?

Also, you're an idiot.
>>
>>680106
>becoming popular
It was always popular, anon.
>>
>>679553
cringe/10

Imagine if you actually knew what you were talking about.
>>
File: 2016-02-03-13-41-01-1.png (18 KB, 464x206) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-03-13-41-01-1.png
18 KB, 464x206
Total meme, regret buying. They outsourced management to China.
>>
>>679372
this is why resealable jerky is god tier
>>
File: 1413708835945.png (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413708835945.png
10 KB, 500x500
>>680204
i am so sorry
>>
>>680204
I had to buy one of those last weekend just to post from my cell phone again. They blocked my AT&T service from posting. And it isn't just one cell tower or something either, it is everywhere in the area.
>>
>>680219
>4chan is so integral to my life that I spent 20 dollars so I wouldn't have to wait until I got back to my computer to post dank memes
>>
>>680220
I never really use my laptop. I'm always posting from my phone. I shitpost a lot while I'm at work. So the $20 for a year wasn't a big deal.
>>
>>679374
>buys semi-auto 9mm
>UGH i cant even hunt with it AND I have to clean it? I can't just leave it laying around? why won't this kill a bear?

did you even do any research before you bought it? did you stop to think that maybe some firearms serve different purposes from others? Thats like buying a Jetta and getting angry that you can't drive off road.

BTW, keeping it in the glove compartment without a CHL is illegal and will get you felony charges.
>>
>>679374
are you an amerifat?
what state do you live?

it seems any state that would be cool with you keeping it in the glove box, would also be a castle state. in which case the legal threshold for blowing someones head off in self defense is pretty low.
>>
>>679553
and thus a new copypasta was born.
>>
>>679553
saved for future pasta
>>
>>680229
>keeping it in the glove compartment without a CHL is illegal and will get you felony charges.

thats not true.
>>
>>680219
Ah... and why didn't you just use a VPN?
>>
>>680253
I don't really into computers. It was easier just paying the $20.
>>
>>680248
If you have a lockable glove box, it's considered a locked box and is perfectly acceptable to keep a handgun in. They also need a warrant to open locked boxes anyhow, so why would they know it's there?
>>
>>680257
>>680248
you guys are probably right, in my state i've always heard that the gun can't be loaded, within reach, and concealed without a CHL
>>
>>680181
>Imagine if you actually knew what you were talking about.
Imagine spending a weekend /out with this guy...
>>
>>680257
i'm pretty sure this is right
>>
>>680257
in my state (MA) the locked glovebox is perfectly legal but it can't be stored with ammo-nition unless you are in the car and have a CCW permit which is basically unheard of in MA
>>
>>680262
It really depends on the state. In some as soon as a handgun enters a vehicle it is considered concealed.
>>
>>677640
Same thing happened to me, exact same blade
>>
>>677640
>>680535
like schrade, another great knive company fallen from grace. it's just a hollow name now.
>>679717
>>
File: straya mate.jpg (130 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
straya mate.jpg
130 KB, 640x854
>>680219
strayans must shitpost wherever they go
>>
>>677716
Had one of these. One day while cutting brush I brought it back too far and now I have a prison tattoo looking scar. Agreed on the shit blade.
>>
>>679717
>why does everything the chinese touch turn to cheap corrupt shit?

What else can you expect to come out from a country that's been fucked up for almost a century.

Then again, it's us who are to blame, ok maybe not /out/ but people buy cheap shit for whatever reason, stupidity I guess is the reason. The only chinese blade I have is a Spyderco, it wasn't exactly cheap and it's not shit.
>>
>>678734
>that piercing all-of-the-homo gaze
>tfw he will never deregulate the economy, end the fed and cut government bloat

I'd have to say I wish I'd never gotten a mini-backpack that can only hold a hydration bladder, to be honest family. Such a waste of money and I have too many fucking backpacks.
>>
>>680253
4chan seems to block most VPNs. I can't get on with NordVPN at all, it's irritating as fuck.
>>
>>680220
people pay money to post here?
>>
>>677869
underrated post
>>
>>679282

Do you have a source for that? Fiskars owns Gerber and it's all identical in terms of appearance, but I could believe that Gerber branded stuff is the same design with lower quality materials.
>>
>>681191
I'm not >>679282
but I'm OP with the original complaint

http://www.wayfair.com/Fiskars-Incorporated-Splitting-Axe-78536984-AVG1022.html

looks like what my buddy had when we were out. mine was OP pic. the former greatly outperformed the latter for whatever reason. They do look awfully similar
>>
>>681198
>http://www.wayfair.com/Fiskars-Incorporated-Splitting-Axe-78536984-AVG1022.html

From the link

>"Country of Manufacture: China"

The axe you linked is a different shape to the Gerber one in your original post. That could be why there was a difference (using a splitting axe to split wood).
>>
>>681206
so what's the purpose of OP pic axe if it's not a splitting axe
>>
>>676932
>I should have bought a fiskars
I have a fiskars hatchet and the blade has a couple of dings in it just from splitting logs in to kindling.
>>
>>681262
>or a nice wood handle axe with fine american craftsmanship and a qt leather sheath included
>>
>>681265
>fine american craftsmanship
this isnt the 50s and it isnt what it used to be, have you ever worked in a factory? i did for a couple months in between real jobs and half the shop didnt speak english. it might as well be stamped made in mexico.
>>
>>681276
I'm sure there are a couple of union based companies still making decent outdoor tools
>>
File: CompEstwing04_700-580x250.jpg (122 KB, 768x500) Image search: [Google]
CompEstwing04_700-580x250.jpg
122 KB, 768x500
>>681281
vaughan manufacturing and estwing are both quality murkan companies tbqh Æ’ams
>>
>>681298
that's going to be my next purchase before an outing that requires considerable firewood acquisition
>>
>>681298
>>681313
Pic related is pretty darn sexy dezu sampay
>>
File: 41Vf3oiqbnL._SL400_.jpg (11 KB, 367x400) Image search: [Google]
41Vf3oiqbnL._SL400_.jpg
11 KB, 367x400
>>681314
it is - but let's not forget vaughan!
>>
>>681253

Considering the brand, I'd say it's a roughly axe-shaped lump of turd the purpose of which is to garner sales from tacticool 'survivalists'.

But an axe that shape would be something for light woodwork, including carving and your average Joe's gardening needs.
>>
File: products-gerber-header.jpg (127 KB, 1000x616) Image search: [Google]
products-gerber-header.jpg
127 KB, 1000x616
>gerber
>>
>>681337
What's going on with all these companies putting flashlight in knives and multi-tools? Am I the only one who would never touch one of these?

I just feel like it will always be the first thing to fail in a tool that should last for decades. Plus there is no way they are bright enough to be very useful.
>>
>>681341
they're gimmicky but i do have a tiny shitty led finger light hanging in my pack so when the batteries die in my surefire, I can still see when i'm rummaging through it.
>>
>>681328
well they done me dirty, and that's why i made the thread. luckily this was the only piece of tacticool tomfoolery i fell for
>>
File: 1001029_015000004279_A_400.jpg (55 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1001029_015000004279_A_400.jpg
55 KB, 800x400
>>681341
for a lot of people they are useful honestly. if you're a technician or diy-er or just use the multitool around the house, the light is perfect. for other people, like tradies and /out/doors men & women it's not so great. it depends who you are. frankly, the general homeowner and light tool user is a bigger market. i suppose they aren't marketing to the smaller of the two markets here.

i agree with you though, seeing delicate underpowered electronics on a tool like that would repel me.
>>
>>681314
I bought the regular version of that. I got it in the mail today. Love it.
>>
>>679553
Everybody hammering on this post is a very different thing from what I'm used to on 4chan
>>
>>681503
Welcome to /out/. It's a slow board where we talk about things and convos can go on for weeks.
>>
>>681206
http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=9002

it used to be so that all fiskars was made in finland and all gerber axe (totally same looks) made in china.

you must be careful tho cause it seem pretty fluid, either it's a mistake or fiskars does make axes in china now for certain markets.

my hatchet is made in finland i'm about 99% sure of this.
>>
>>678612
I've had some spoon/forks of similar design and the fork tines broke off while I was eating. Maybe I eat too hard
>>
File: IMG_20160205_081950.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160205_081950.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>681595
>my hatchet is made in finland i'm about 99% sure of this.
They are as mine is, and they're still shit. Pics related. The date codes on the molded handle indicate it was manufactured in 2014
>>
File: IMG_20160205_081955.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160205_081955.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>681595
>>681625
And look at how chipped the blade is. I've used this thing only a few times splitting logs in to kindling on top of a tree stump, so no, its not like I was a idiot doing this on the ground and hitting rocks.
>>
>>681627
interesting, i have hacked away with mine for hours and no such thing. if there is chipping it's microscopic.

i will try to make a photo, still has the factory edge never sharpened it. i did hack away on the ground chopping firewood with it and there were stones around too, frankly i was pretty sure it would look like yours in the end but nope.
>>
>>681635
Maybe they just fucked up the heat treatment on mine, but all I can say is i'm disapointed in them. I got it mainly because it was cheap, and lightweight because of the hollow polymer handle.
>>
>>681639
yeah same reasons here
i hear this from others that some has fucked up heat treat.
or perhaps the edge is uneven and puts stress on from unnatural angle at spots.
did you sharpen it yourself?
>>
>>681641
>did you sharpen it yourself?
nope, it came sharp from the factory.
>>
>>681639
>disappointed
>it was cheap, and lightweight
Well what do you expect for getting a cheap item? Perfectly made every single time? You're not buying a goddamned Maybach, and even those have defective parts.
Ask them to make it right. If they don't, then don't buy from them again or take that into account when you consider the cost of something next time.
>>
>>681904
to my knowledge they will replace it without asking much questions especially if the hardness of the blade is not right.

it it's a technique or sharpening issue they might get pouty.

fiskars axes have a knife edge not a traditional convex grind it is a weaker edge but it cuts better. you have to take this into consideration when you use it. or if you can't then re-profile the edge to be stronger.
>>
Bombproof, but way too heavy for backpacking.

Listed it for sale 2 months ago, no one wants it.
>>
>>683015
Almost did the same mistake, but I ended up with a platypus gravity works and I'm really happy with it.
>>
File: lowresflint.jpg (3 KB, 323x156) Image search: [Google]
lowresflint.jpg
3 KB, 323x156
>>676932
Probably any Bear Grylls stuff

I got the flint and the machete and both were a huge waste of money, the machete rusted after a few days and the first sharpening, and the flint wasn't very good either, it couldn't get a spark out.
>>
>>677869
heh heh heh heh
>>
>>683015
Damn, that seems big and overly complicated. Looks cool, but def for the REI crowd.

Aren't LifeStraws and Sawyers way, way cheaper and more compact? What are the real pros of that thing? I guss if you need drinking water from some sewer in India, that might be better than a LifeStraw.

Not that I have ever used any of them, but I'm genuinely curious. I was looking at their website a little and some of the stuff for bigger groups that run around $100 don't seem too bad. But I'm confused as to why that thing for $350+ is so great.
>>
>>683015

katadyn makes shitty products
ive had the model of 'hiker pro' fail on me, which is a totally different product and not as heavy. but its still a piece of shit

they are not really in buisness anymore either
>>
>>683507
>What are the real pros of that thing?
Filters can be cleaned, and have a much higher lifetime. Lifestraws claim 260 gallons vs 13,000 gallons for pic related which i'm 99% sure uses the same filters as that anon's.
>>
>>683545
Hmm, alright. Still seems like definitely more of a basecamp or emergency situation deal for a larger group of people compared to one hiker or camper.
>>
>>683552
And cost, pic related was $170 or 0.0058 per gallon and a life straw is $20 or $0.076 per gallon. And it probably filters more water faster, i've never used a life straw but I get the sense that having dick sucking skills would help with something like that. But yeah, if you're only using it for you, it is a bit over kill.
>>
>>683557
I once rigged up a transfer pump (usually used by mechanics for getting rid of tranmission fluid etc. - it's two tubes attached to a small bike pump with an input and output) to a Lifestraw to turn it into pump filter. The pump broke on the second day. I'm not sure if it was a good idea with a faulty product or just plain dumb. I'm going to make the switch to the sawyer squeeze bags next time. I heard you can attach 2L platypus bags with the and do work.
>>
>>683669
I don't think life straws are meant to handle continuous pressure or be run at a continuous rate, chemically they're probably only good for a few tens of liters
>>
>>683669
Funnily enough I was researching this today.

Get the sawyer mini inline adapter and yes it will screw into platypus soft bottles. Works with hydration bladders too I believe.
>>
>>683019
yeah I got one of those as a gift, it's terribad
>>
>>678968
Wow, I'm still using that same Trangia set I bought 25 years ago, it's bullet proof..... has the quality gone down that much then?
>>
>>684465
what's it made of?
picture?
>>
>>679715
Although people hate it for being a meme you should get a Mora, they work.
>>
File: 1451408029520.gif (1 MB, 300x239) Image search: [Google]
1451408029520.gif
1 MB, 300x239
>>684468
Aluminum, I got it for my 13th birthday and have used it a lot, had a pocket rocket stove for a bit but I hated how loud it was, also all those moving parts give me nightmares about how reliable it will be over time.

I know Trangia are as unsexy as fuck but they work and were a quality item, but it seems like maybe they've slipped some
>>
>>684468
Sorry, no picture as it's at my other place
>>
File: whisperlite_intl.jpg (34 KB, 626x483) Image search: [Google]
whisperlite_intl.jpg
34 KB, 626x483
Wisperlite international. It's not bad. It's just way overkill for me. Built an alcohol stove afterwards, pretty much all I needed.
>>
>>684489
That is kind of like the one I used for a while, hated the noise it made, I'd rather wait the extra time and have peace and quiet while I wait for my drink/food.
>>
>>683019

Umm rust just means you don't know how to take care of a non-stainless blade, mang.

Not defending BG products they're turdtastic.
>>
>>684865
i agree, i've never picked up a bg product, but i just can't take anything seriously that's so clearly made for people that fall for marketing ploys
>>
>>684492
>>684489
I have the primus version of this (omnifuel) and it's excellent for it's advertised use (burning anything and being tough as nails)

It's loud and heavy though, so unless it's going to be really, really cold I take a pocket rockey.

Liquid fuel always wins below freezing though.
>>
>>678009
bro, I have that exact same grill and it's literally the best charcoal grill I've ever owned for cooking for 2 people.

I like a weber better if I have to cook a bunch of food, but that lodge is top notch. What are you doing wrong?
>>
>>687010
sounds like he's using too much charcoal if he's burning errthing.
>>
>>683015
>not joining the sawyer master race
>>
Worked about 10 times
>>
File: 41LjnR2vAiL._SY400_.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
41LjnR2vAiL._SY400_.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
>>680066
I bought a pic related for around $40. Ka-bar. One of the best knives I've ever purchased. Worth the extra money for sure.
>>
>all these knife regrets itt

This is why I ONLY buy my knives from companies that make their knives exclusively in America.
>>
>>690324

it's an okay product....Not the best....not the worse. If it was not a chopper, I would have no problems with the tang...seeing as it is one, the tang for it sucks.
>>
File: 1389845634074.jpg (121 KB, 486x309) Image search: [Google]
1389845634074.jpg
121 KB, 486x309
>>679553
>in your volks wagon listening to shitty meme faggoty fuck vapor wave (tip top meme XDDD)

Holy shit my sides
>>
>>677871

>Caring this much about a google image used to give a general idea
>>
>>678753

>stomps on plastic
>broke itself

You might be just a touch retarded, anon.
>>
>>679645
>know how to keep your shit dry when it's raining

Yeah, he stays inside hue hue hue
>>
File: autism1.jpg (15 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
autism1.jpg
15 KB, 240x210
>>677871
>>
>>684489
I have an XGK and it rocks ass when I am trying to boil water at -20C.
>>
>>679715
the old schrades (before 2004) were good. I had heard the newer ones were terrible. But I repeat, the old ones are great knives.
>>
>>680452
*unheard of in Boston
Depending on how cool your chief is it can be wicked easy to get. The chief in my old town approved every cat A license he got as long as the person has a clean record.
>>
>>676932
every piece of gear i own except my alice pack and the cheap 7$ moras i own. i dont need all this shit. i went full gear fag. i go /out/ and the only thing that gets used in a malicepack and a knife or two. maybe a stainless pot. im currently in the process of downsizin everything as ive moved home and am going to college near by now.
>>
>>679553
Lol you're a fucking autist. Saved for future pasta
>>
>>679553
Damn. This is reason why I don't come on here that much anymore. Disagreeing with someone on /out/ gear preferences does not require being this much of a butt hurt faggot. Kill yourself before you inevitably snap and shoot up a school.
>>
>>683015
>>683528
Can second this. Katadyne is shit. Pain in the ass to pump and they always fail catastrophically. I'm pretty good at fixing shit in the field but I was at a loss with this. Go with the hanging bag systems. Less complicated and prone to getting fucked up.
>>
>>678959

I have this knife too

>bells and whistles

it's all stuff that works

>sheath is total garbage

it's tough, has great retention, and the loop fits every belt I own, it's also MOLLE compatible

>fire steel too short

get better at using fire steel. I've started a dozen fires or so with mine. no problems with it at all. I still carry a larger rod that I use to make fires, but for a "back up" fire starter that fits on your knife sheath it's fantastic

>dull out of the box

min was sharp

>sharpening system did nothing

operator error. when used correctly it does a great job of keeping a strong working edge on there, good enough to make feather sticks too. I'm not really sure how you fuck up using a sharpener like that, but you were like dragging it through backwards.

I picked it up at a local shop for about $50, and thought it was a great deal. it's been a solid knife for the money and the little "bells and whistles" are all useful back-up tools.

>>679083

that guy is an idiot. if you buy one, you'll understand.
>>
>>677869
As someone who posts on browses on k occasionally. I couldn't agree more....
>>
>>678449
I have 2 of these, both were gifts. Nothing fancy but they sharpen easy and are fairly sturdy. I didn't know who BG was until they gave me the knife and I looked him up. (i don't have television)
>>
>>680229
In Louisiana and a couple other states, vehicle is per legal terms "an extention of your property" and they allow you to keep your gun wherever and however you want in the vehicle. So I have one in my sunglasses holder (it's a big compartment for whatever reason) and wifey has one in the center console.
>>
>>680219
Means someone got permabanned on the cell tower group id... Blocked everyone on that tower... Congrats, you let everyone back in... My neighbor that I let use my wifi (guy introduced me to 4chan) got my ip blocked once...
>>
File: F9L_Feature_01_l.jpg (418 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
F9L_Feature_01_l.jpg
418 KB, 700x700
Say goodbye to your matress
>>
>>676932
My sister got me the shorter axe. While it is pretty shitty, it is servicable enough for me.
>>
>>696939
that thing would probably work if it was tied properly.

I have a couple of the smaller ones, the one in your pic is not tied properly at all though.
>>
>>696939
some guy in the next town over from me died on the highway last year when an improperly secured wheelbarrow flew out the back of a landscaping truck onto the interstate. he subsequently lost control and was pulverized in a horrible wreck.

since then the state police have been destroying people who drive with anything suss like that on their car or truck - and that includes having snow on the roof, etc

just sayin', cuz seeing stuff like that makes me mad as hell now
>>
>>681314
do want
>>
>>677852
Look for a location stamp. If it was made in china, it's shit steel.
>>
>>680066
I actually have one of these and I love it. It's not a "great knife" but it IS a fantastic beater machete. I've used it to remove blackberries growing out of concrete. Then I spend two minutes on a bench grinder and it's good to go again.

For /out/ gear it's garbage. For landscaping gear it's fantastic.
>>
>>676932
>multitools in general

as long as you have a good knife you probably won't need a multitool.
I've never needed anything unscrewed, sawed, measured, plied, etc.
>>
>>699637
pliers are good and if you need to repair gear the rest can come in handy. 99% i use the beer opener or the blade on my multi. but i have used everything on it one time or an other. if you need to pry something small you don't want to use the blade the screwdriver is much better suited.
>>
>>699637
It really depends where you're going, what you're doing, and what your gear is. People EDC them because they're super useful in urban and suburban environments. If your equipment is complicated (guns, cameras, liquid fuel stoves, bicycles) then you're more likely to need tools. If you're not doing anything very ambitious and your gear is simple and sturdy, then you'd be carrying them for Boy Scout reasons. Things don't always go as planned. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
>>
>>677810
>south american jungles
>asian jungles
Amerilard shut up. Once you are there you coudn't care less about the shape of your Taticalâ„¢ Jungleâ„¢ Macheteâ„¢
t. south american
>>
File: weberQ220.jpg (14 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
weberQ220.jpg
14 KB, 500x336
>>676932
bought this when I had an apartment. Spent a fuck load on it. It is so goddamn heavy, and I hate the little propane things. I do have an adapter, but since I broke up with long term GF I moved back to parents place. They have a good full sized, so the thing has been at my buddys house for over a year.

It is just to big to bring car camping I find. Takes up the whole trunk. I need to make a wood box for it. The smaller Q100 would be much better
>>
>>678009
...how big is that thing?
>>
>>678612
Probably battoning.
>>
>>696939
Got two of these to hang hammock with. Best purchase I have made in a long time. They're super light, hold the weight just fine, and cost very little. Best part is the lady friend can hang the hammock without my help. I honestly don't see a thing wrong with them.
>>
>>678844
if you knew what full tang means you wouldn't talk shit. no bg knife is full tang except maybe their paracord knives but those are made of shit mystery steel.
>>
File: Full-tang.png (256 KB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
Full-tang.png
256 KB, 520x292
>>702636
A full tang extends the full length of the grip-portion of a handle, versus a partial tang which does not.

Old model on the right, new model on the left.
>>
>>702641
the black bg knife is not full tang since the pommel is not attached to the blade they have a rubber buffer between.
or at least they had when i last saw one.
>>
>>676932
Was it actually the gerber one? Or was that just the first Google result you got?

Mine works fantastic, and Gerber honors the shit out of their warranties so if anything goes wrong during normal use they'll replace it.

The only catch is, companies like Gerber and SpiderCo expect the customer to be a blade enthusiast and ship their products with a shitty edge so with the hatchet you will need to sharpen a decent rough edge on it before using it. Otherwise it's not gonna cut a goddamn thing. Their thinking is that their customers aren't idiots, and will likely want their own edge of choice on their knife or tool so they ship them out as such. If you buy them from a knife and tool company, or even a decent camping supply/sporting goods shop, they'll put whatever edge on it that you ask for when you buy it, and they'll sharpen it for free/cheap as needed if you don't have the equipment/know-how (but seriously... If you don't know how to file a proper edge, sharpen, hone and strop a blade you need to learn. You're an /out/doorsman goddammit. One day the shit will hit the fan and you'll have to bug out.. And who will sharpen your shit then? Learn to be self reliant)
>>
>>677716
God fucking dammit. What the shit happened to my beloved Gerber?! They used to be such a good company with quality knives and tools. This thread seems to be a bunch of Gerber shit sucking ass through a straw though.

Welp, time to find a new company to heap my adoration upon when my 10+ year old Gerber shit doesn't have enough metal left to sharpen. Fuck. Is SpiderCo still good, or have they gone to shit too? I learned my lesson REALLY fast with my first S&W blade even though I had very low expectations for it from the start because >tacticool
>>
>>677868
>worthless shit
>knowing whether or not an item you're purchasing that you may one day depend on with your life is garbage

It's like the children don't even try anymore with the b8
>>
>>678039
Seriously, bro... Make an alcohol stove out of a soda can and fire resistant tape (or in my case, an empty tuna can) and just carry a bottle of HEET with you. Once the jets start firing it's literally like having a gas range that's locked to medium heat. You can even make a pot stand and aluminum plate to put between it and a pot if you want to simmer stuff. I'm working on one that's collapsible, small, and the height can be adjusted on the fly for temperature control. My DIY stove is a thousand times better than the $50+ camp stoves out there and costs pennies to make if you already have the can and just need to buy some fireproof/fire resistant tape.
>>
>>678474
I know this sounds shilly, but hear me out...

Pathfinder Wilderness Survival School has some excellent bushcraft knives. Yeah, Dave had a temporary lapse in common sense and did that dual survival show with Cody Lundin (not talking shit about Cody, just sayin' ... That kind of shit seems like it's right in Cody's wheelhouse, but Dave deserves a show of his own) but the bushcraft gear they sell is some good stuff. Dave tests all the stuff himself and pulls anything he doesn't stand by himself, and he designs, or is involved in the design process, every knife stamped with their logo.

I've met Dave Canterbury a handful of times (we're out and about in the same area) and he's a really decent dude and every time I've seen him carrying the same gear he sells.
>>
>>680253
Because any time I've been on a VPN 4chan blocks posting...
>>
>>677810
>>677716

I live in the midwest and i have used a $5 walmart machete in a tallgrass prairie more than once, it did the trick
>>
>>702646
The Ultimate Pro is attached all the way down to the pommel. 1 full piece. Not much else to defend on though. Trust me. I own one.
>>
File: 1456967222639.jpg (54 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
1456967222639.jpg
54 KB, 600x350
>>681337
>that camera tripod on the multi-tool
>>
>>702833
honestly, as a tographer i can see that being very useful for some people. other people, not so much, but it's way better thanjust setting the camera on a rock or log, for those who are into casual togging anyway
>>
>>676932
I bought one of those Zippo hatchet/saw things on clearance. Shittiest bow saw ever, it's uncomfortable to hold, and the blade's a pain in the ass to get out and attach. The hatchet part works ok.

It's gimmicky, and I knew it was gimmicky when I bought it, but it was only like 15 bucks. Now it lives in the tool box on my ATV.
>>
>>678475
I have one that came in a triangle nesting mess kit. I don't use the mess kit much, since it's awkward to pack, but I like the utensil.

It's nice having a separate spoon and fork, but I don't like the serrated knife thing on the fork, I ended up filing it off.
>>
File: fhhgf.jpg (26 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
fhhgf.jpg
26 KB, 600x330
I ordered one of these and I'm already regretting it and I haven't even received it yet. I spent 20 dollars when I could just bring a god damn fork.
>>
>>680262
Where I live its something like "3 steps" from firing. So you have to take the gun apart a little bit, and you can't have the ammo near by.
>>
File: doge 3.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
doge 3.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
>>703305
>I spent 20 dollars when I could just bring a god damn X
Every prepper and survivalist ever
>but it's a tatical strategical stealth laser guided X!11!
>>
File: Gladius Machete.jpg (16 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Gladius Machete.jpg
16 KB, 500x333
Drunk online shopping and bought pictured since I thought a machete that looked like a gladius would do so cool.

Forgot about it until it arrived and it's bullshit. Edge is uneven as fuck, Works ok as a machete, not brilliantly though.

Now it is more of a "there in case someone tries to break in" tool
>>
>>705215
I have one too. Mines actually pretty good, the edge is even. I don't really want to use it as a machete though, it doesnt seem fitting. Its extremely sharp too.

Yea i have mine down the side of my bed.
>>
>>705222
I second that
>>
>>703305
I bought one similar to that at JCPenny's for 7 bucks. Made in China. I eat things with it. Works fine for me.
>>
I bought a cheap Machete at Dick's. The blade broke in half and almost lodged into my face when I struck a log trying to cut it.
>>
>>678449
thought they looked cool.
have a 1.5mm thick 440C stainless steel blade. which I can literally not imagine working at all
>>
File: olla-ferroviaria-005.jpg (2 MB, 2608x1952) Image search: [Google]
olla-ferroviaria-005.jpg
2 MB, 2608x1952
>>
>>705351
>struck a log
>with a machete
A shame it didn't, you would've made a great Darwin Award candidate.
>>
>>702239
I live in central america and machetes are the ultimate survival weapon, and the shape actually matters.

You can clear paths, you can kill things, you can crack open coconuts, you can use it for almost anything, and more importantly you can defend your honor from another machete wielding macho.
>>
>>678039
I can concur reasonably on this one. Boils water mega fast but is no good for cooking as you cant utilise the chimney effect unless you are boiling water at the same time as the think would melt otherwise.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.