[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /out I've never been camping before how do you innawoods?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 280.jpg (296 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
280.jpg
296 KB, 640x480
Hello /out I've never been camping before how do you innawoods? Like what do you do?
>>
>>675199
shit in rivers mostly
>>
Dig holes
>>
lay in my hammock n shit
>>
Practice in your bedroom.

Lay a tent on your bed for sleeping
Use an axe to chop up your dresser for firewood
Break your windows to simulate the fresh air experience
Shoot and skin your cat/dog for meats and fur
Buy some goldfish to put in your bath tub or toilet to fish out of
Ingest whatever cleaning product is under your sink to emulate what it feels like to get become septic from drinking giardia

If you don't die, you'll be ready for the woods
>>
>>675257
I'll have to try these. Thanks!
>>
>>675199
I dunno...go out for a walk, and not come back for longer than usual?
Maybe find some place that's not too creepy to sleep outside.
They try overnight outside sleeping.
Watch the sun come up.
Its really nice.
Later, you could run in fields of green, and climb trees of wood, and try to eat warm, fuzzy animals of meat, even.

Warning: ABSOLUTELY NO Traipsing or Gallivanting will be tolerated under any circumstances, as we will ask for after-action reports on your progress and don't want to be creeped the fuck out.
>>
Shit in a river.
Build cairns and kick down those of your rivals
Shit in a geocache
Bodyslam woodland creatures
>>
Fucking wild animals mainly
>>
>>675199

i pray a lot

(to jesus)
>>
>>675482
What kind is your favorite?
>>
If you trespass on my private land I will shoot you on sight in fear for my life and under the law.

> no fux will b givn
>>
>>675199
Basically, you just go out into the woods and sleep there instead of in your room. Then you come home the next day or two. It's all the rage, you have to try it OP!
>>
>>675477
Mostly these.
>>
>>675511
i dont know why but i lost my shit
>>
>>675459
What's creepy about gallivanting and traipsing about?
>>
>>675477
You forgot he needs to buy a mora. and granfs axe. oh and orange peels. ORANGE PEELS EVERYWHERE.

>>675609
no such laws. pls check your laws... faggot. fucking prob that same fuck with those indian made SKS's
>>
>>675199
You'll need to buy an ESEE 5 and practice throwing it. Like a lot.
>>
>>676373
Wrong, google texas use of deadly force.
>>
>>676240
Hmmmm.
Maybe you can help...I'm kinda stuck somewhere between prancercise and techno viking .gifs by way of reply.
Suggest?
>>
>>676774
Prancercise all the way.
>>
>>675199
it sucks dude sleeping on the ground hurts no matter what.

just buy an RV and set up in the woods goof troupe style
>>
>>676779
how about... https://coub.com/tags/thor%20prancercise ?
(that way we can all bring something to the picnic table)
>>
>>675459
Can I frolick a little? In a manly fashion, of course.
>>
So much bait, it's like a commercial fishing lake up in here.

As luck would have it, most of what I do /out/ is fish. I catch fish, cook fish, eat fish, poop fish and dream about fish.

Once you've developed your /out/ skillls, it pretty much just comes down to eating, and staring at nature... and eating nature.
>>
>>675199
1-Be left wing progressive liberal
2-No guns
3-Have an hammock
4-Count your onces
5-Ferrocerium rod
6-Osprey backpack
7-No flashlight
8-No knife
>>
>>677946
Whats wrong with frolicking like a little girl
>>
>>675257
straight from wikiHow.com
>>
>>675199
On motorcycle trips I'll try to plan ahead a day or two in advance and string together several camping spots in State/National parks and forests, on beaches, in private campgrounds occasionally, etc. It's a cheap way to travel and there's nothing better than eating some shit you just cooked up on a camp stove while sitting around a little campfire at night, or drinking a hot cup of coffee / hot chocolate on a chilly morning while you watch the sun come up. After that I'll get a shower (if one is available at the campground), load my gear back on the bike, and set off for the next place that I picked out. Most of the time I just keep to myself and enjoy the solitude, but sometimes a group of people will invite me over to their campsite and share their beer and food with me while I tell them about my trip, I've had some pretty fun times that way.

On fishing trips I find a campground right on the water, then drive around the entire place trying to find the best open camp site that's right on the water where I can do some night fishing for catfish from the bank and that also has a decent spot to beach or tie off my boat so I don't have to launch and load my boat at a boat ramp every time I want to take it out.

I also do a little car camping and backpack camping. Car camping is more about getting you and some friends out in the woods with an excessive amount of gear, food, and alcohol just to have some fun in the woods. Backpack camping is more about the hiking than the actual camping to me, I just throw my hammock up when it's starting to get dark, cook some food, and go to bed. Wake up in the morning, make some breakfast, load everything back up, and set off on the trail again.
>>
>>676782
Hah, goofy movie...
>>
shit in the way nature intended and spend the whole night regretting not bringing an extra layer
>>
>>681273
>spend the whole night regretting not bringing an extra layer
This has happened more often than it should. lf there is anything one should bring while camping, it;s more layers
>>
>>678565
That sounds amazing how many places have you gone?
>>
File: DSCN0086.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0086.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
Eat some fruit of the woods.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.