[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colorado General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: denver.jpg (38 KB, 608x336) Image search: [Google]
denver.jpg
38 KB, 608x336
winter is here. what are you folks up to in colorado?
>>
>>637933
Shooting up abortion clinics mainly.
>>
>>637937

I'm moving to Boulder from the midwest soon and was surprised to see this happening in Colorado. It seems much more progressive than here. Are these kinds of people very common there or is it just a case of wackos are everywhere?
>>
>>637939
Well, they did ban high capacity magazines a while back, so that sort of limits your options to cripples, fat people and pregnant women if you're going for a high score.
>>
>>637939
Colorado Springs is really just North Oklahoma.

The Western Slope is also pretty well stocked with white male Christian terrorists.
>>
>>637939
Very Very common in Boulder and all of Colorado
pls stay away we dont want you to get shot
>>
Colorado Springs is home to "Focus on the Family" . Lots of right wing wackos.
There are cool sections though and there is a big counterculture to that as well.
Denver is very quietly becoming one of the worlds great cites but the locals are angry because the population has exploded and the place feels very crowded to them.
Boulder is just too feminine and PC to be taken seriously.
Golden is my favorite city in the area followed by aurora.

I find the small towns to be really stellar especially in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.
Check out Salida if you get a chance.
>>
>>637933
I'm still riding bikes every single day. I need to get a pair of snowshoes so I can make it up to the mountains. Couple of my friends went up to a cabin last weekend but I couldn't go due to my lack of gear.

Arrrrr.
>>
>>638002
Gonna do some snowcamping next weekend though. It's cold. Brrrr!
>>
>>638002
> couldn't go
> lack of gear

What kind of gear do you need to stay in a cabin?

It's a cabin.
>>
>>638007
Needed snowshoes to get to the cabin, there's a few feet of snow on the trail right now.

That really was the only thing holding me back.
>>
>>637939
Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>638021
Took you long enough, I was getting worried you wouldn't show up!
>>
>>638026
>>638026
He was crying tears of feckless rage and could not see his monitor to type a response.
>>
File: Capture.png (4 KB, 359x64) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4 KB, 359x64
>>638021
Found him.
>>
moving to breckenridge tomorrow morning from chicago, got a lease and winter job starting thursday. needless to say im pretty excited/anxious,cant wait to do some riding.
>>
>>637984
I just moved here for the winter from Wyoming. I have a job in Avon at Beaver Creek to tide me over till the spring. I've been living with some friends in Louisville till my job starts in a few days. Boulderites are some of the worst people on the planet. Boulder is a super nice place, but the people are just horridly stuck up their own asses.

I remember seeing a bumper sticker that said "I'm already against the next war." One time when I was in a resturant, the bartender was talking to a costumer and said "Well I found out she was a Scorpio and it just made so much sense." A late 30's woman one time asked me at a bar "Excuse me but did you see some HOT bitches walk by?"

I'm hoping I won't find more of the same up on the mountain.
>>
>>638310

ha well...to be honest I would rather live somewhere like that than most of the conservative christian cesspools here in the midwest. but lately most of society baffles and frustrates me. that's one reason why i'm looking forward to living in Colorado: you can go up in the mountains to get away, but there are still enough people in the cities so you don't totally lose touch.
>>
>>638310
Denverite here, can confirm Boulder people are awful
>>
>>637939
wackos everywhere

Springs is fairly conservative and is famous for abundance of churches but the shooting was probably the most jarring thing to happen there this decade desu. even the staunch conservatives i speak to regularly voted for weed too

Denver is fun but has normal city problems. Its growing at a steady rate without delving into detroit status of poor.

Boulder is hippies in the worst way.

Fort Collins is very college town, perfect for 20 somethings.

>>637954
better watch out for those cross country running terrorists
they might gasp when you accidentally swear
[spoiler]no seriously[/spoiler]

>>637933
finally going to go winter hiking. nobody for miles in quiet snowfall is the best /out/ experience
>>
I never understood how the hell Colorado is so liberal, especially given its geographical location. I am assuming its because a few dense population centers out weigh the rest of the people in the state ? Also do you guys get a lot of illegal immigrants ?
>>
File: 1447466621166.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447466621166.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>>637937
top fuckin kek!
>>
>>638495

sounds like a healthy mix for a state desu, though we could all do without random shootings obviously.

where are some good spots for winter hiking? i haven't really done any here since there's not much worth seeing in the winter where i'm from.
>>
>>638501
Colorado isn't liberal.

Denver and Boulder are liberal.
>>
>>638503
literally anywhere.
pick a town in the mountains, preferably something close, like within an hour or so, and go there, hike towards the nearest interesting landmark. Google maps had me planning out random trails in ranier park just for the hell of it.

For some more legit trail hiking, any of the major peaks have a few trails that meander around the area. Springs is probably one of the larger towns that's also right next to mountain trails like Barr Camp and Garden of the Gods.

I really like the area in and around san isabel too. theres a good little restaurant on the san isabel lake where I've gone ice fishing. that seasons upon us now as well
>>
>>638503
What city do you live in?
>>
>>639086

i'm moving in a month or so, looking at just west of Denver. possibly Golden. is there anywhere that i won't have to spend all weekend on I-70 to get to?
>>
>>639060

good info, thanks! salida is on my list of first places to check out.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4027x3020) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4027x3020
>>639087
Eldorado Canyon State Park and the surrounding areas are really pretty. Rocky Mountain isn't too far of a drive from you and they keep the roads up. There are a bunch of trail heads out of Boulder too.

This is Eldorado Canyon, the picture doesn't do the colors justice. It didn't look real
>>
>>639102
Also, I'm sure there's a lot of trails in the mountains behind Golden. I've never really hiked over there yet
>>
>>637933
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>639703
Your mum has been full for years but that has not staunched the flow of migrants to her gaping ax wound of a vagoo
>>
>>637933
smoking weed, Arvada here
>>
>>639703
This desu, too many dirty hippies and university students are shitting the place up.
>>
>>637939
Avoid Ward and Nederland, people are weird there.
>>
How's the hiking in the Fort Collins area? Looking to move up there in a few months.
>>
>>637937
Ayyyy
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.