[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here use a quilt from Enlightened Equipment? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: eerevelation.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
eerevelation.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Anyone here use a quilt from Enlightened Equipment? I've been wanting to make the switch to down for a while now and I think a quilt would be a better choice for me. EE has a holiday sale going on now and I'm really interested in the Revelation quilt.
>>
Using in a tent or in a hammock?

For hammocks, their stuff is really highly recommended on the hammock forum I frequent. I plan on buying an underquilt from them.
>>
>>635260
Tent camping. I would probably go for a 20 degree rating. I can't stand mummy bags so this seems ideal for me.
>>
>>635236
Poorfag here, I was thinking about getting this.
Is it a good option or should I kill myself for even considering it?http://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?lsf=seller:8638497,store:8477584637234871570&prds=pid:11079026953212743055,oid:11079026953212743055&q=coleman+mountain+sleeping+bags&hl=en&ei=9XZTVtWSFIPloASxopagCg
>>
>>635342
link don't work bucko
>>
Nice marketing shill
>>
>>635585
>shilling on a board as slow as /out/

I've looked at the other quilt makers and EE seems to have the best balance between quality and price. Fuck off.
>>
>>635342
I have a bag just like this I bought years ago. They're huge and weigh a ton, but they're super warm and comfortable.

They have a cotton flannel liner usually. It's warm, but if it gets wet, you're screwed. I used mine for car camping and loved it.
>>
>>635263
I'd make sure you have a good pad too, with some wings on it for your shoulders.

EE also makes a few quilts that can be turned into bags too, might try one of them out.

If you want to save some money, Arrowhead euipment makes a few top quilts, synthetic, but warm and cheaper.
>>
>>635598
Did you look at the Seirra Designs Backcountry Quilt?

1.7#'s, 800 fill dri-down, longer and wider than most quilts, $300+.

Seirra Designs has been strong with the innovation the last couple!
>>
>>635606
I did not, thanks anon. I looked at EE, Jacks R Better, Katabatic($$$) and Hammock Gear. I'm definitely open to some other suggestions.
>>
>>635236
great product. I don't think there's much advantage to the thicker fabric on the outside, the 20D fabric is more than strong enough. I find that even though I sleep on the side, the regular width is wide enough. the fabric is so light and down so fluffy, that it doesn't drape like a normal household blanket. you'll want it to be a just fit so that you can cinch it snug to trap the warm air around your neck.
>>
>>635236

I have a 20F Revelation, and it's been the best addition to my gear since I started backpacking. I haven't gone all the way to 20F, but I did use it at 25F and I was toasty. Not just warm enough, but seriously comfortable. The warmest I've used it at is 65F and it was still perfect because I could just open it up like a blanket since I'm a warm sleeper. I use mine with a Thermarest ZLite and Klymit Static V2, a decent pad is still key here obviously.

It's my first quilt and I'm so happy I made the switch. It can make it tough to get out early on those chilly mornings though.
>>
Down user here.

I use a combo of a 0c bag I converted into a quilt plus a separate quilt, gets me down to about - 10c for under 1kg and I'm a cooooold sleeper.

Be aware of problems associated with moisture. On quite a few multiple day trips I've had problems with condensation soaking out my insulation.
>>
>>635766
It looks like Enlightened Equipment offers downtek treated fill now which is nice.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.