[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /out/, I was thinking about getting a pair of western boots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Hey, /out/, I was thinking about getting a pair of western boots for casual wear. I grew up in rural Tennessee so I'm used to people wearing them, but I've never really purchased a pair. I was thinking about getting a pair like pic related, but I'm open to suggestions. Any brands/styles/etc. I should look out for?
>>
>>634855
Custom, or fit so properly you'd die with them otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>634862
Because of blisters? They weren't meant for walking in the first place. Doubt op will casually walk around in rural tennessee either.
>>
>>634855

I've always worn Justin, but Tony Lama and Ariat are both pretty solid. Go to a legit boot store, and tell them that you don't know anything. They'll measure you up, and help you get exactly what you need.

Once you break them in, they'll be your best friends.
>>
Different anon here. If I were to buy a pair of western boots, I´d have to order them online, there are no cowboy boot shops in Spain, which means no custom fitting or anything. Is this a big problem?
>>
>>634855
Hey OP.

Now, I've always worn Justins, they're a little cheaper but they get the job done. Ariat is nice too. I'd suggest you get a pair of roper boots instead of actual riders, the lower heel is much more forgiving on a first time wearer.

That being said, I've always found that you should size down, you want the boots to be snug. Breaking them in will be a pain but, once you do, you'll never find a pair of more comfortable boots.

Also don't tuck your pant legs into the boots. Just a warning. Autismos will get you on that.
>>
Get a work boot and not the dress boots. They're pretty comfy once they get broken in and they will last longer
>>
>>634906
>Also don't tuck your pant legs into the boots
What about wearing them with shorts in the summer time?
>>
>>635035
kids at my school do that all the time, cowboy boots with gym shorts and sleeveless tank tops
>i mentioned i live in the rural south, right?
>>
>>635035
I wouldn't, personally. But only because I think it just looks really goofy.

At that point, honestly, I'd rather do hiking boots and bunch my socks up high. It seems like it'd be more comfortable than cowboy boots.

Honestly, my boots are for casual wear, work, and riding. They do me good in all. I also don't wear shorts so, again, probably a lot of bias. YMWV, as they say.
>>
>>635044
>I also don't wear shorts

Really ? Do you not have summer where you live?
>>
>>635046
Ohio here. I mean, we do, totally. I just don't own any. Well, none that I'd wear outside.

I dunno, I just make do with wearing my jeans and rider boots everywhere. Even if it's frying out.
>>
Fancy newfangled ariats. I like the all leather ones but they have newer composite, rubber, more every day ones.
>>
>>635035
the only type of person that wears shorts and boots together are strippers

dont be a stripper
>>
>>634855
Start in the >$100 dollar range. Everything under that is awful fit awful comfort and shit materials that will start to peel and try to slice your achilles just as they're breaking in.

Justin is ok, Durango is better. Get real leather soles or rubber, no composite bullshit. Half size down. Rider heels are bad at hills but are pimp everywhere else. Ropers make you look like a rodeo clown.

And what >>634906 said. tucking is for girls and fags.
>>
>>635231
>Get real leather soles
Enjoy a compete lack of traction everywhere but in the saddle.
>>
>>635265
>or rubber

actual leather is a lot better than laminated mystery material. It does a lot better than you think it does.

There are lots of cowboy boots made with rubber soles, even vibram, but all the decent rubber is on the work boot models. There are some rubber soles that are like dress shoe soles and they are ok and don't take away from the style like the work soles do.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (303 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
303 KB, 1500x1500
I've heard that wearing snakeskin boots is an actual thing so I've always been fascinated by it, but not for covetous and non-practical reasons.
>>
>>635035
I did that high as balls on shrooms. Cargo shorts n cowboy boots. Not recommended. Would have changed to jeans if had not been loosing my shit
>>
>>635380
Ive got a pair of snake skins and they are my favorite pair. Ostrich leather and snake skin but very dark colors so it doesn't look so flashy,
>>
>>635380
My high school principal had a pair of snakeskin boots. Never had I ever looked at my principal as I would a prison warden.
>>
>>634855
Those are riding boots. Do not buy them unless you either ride horses daily or do not actually intend to walk anywhere while wearing them.
>>
File: 4L_ljo91Yuc.jpg (283 KB, 1000x1284) Image search: [Google]
4L_ljo91Yuc.jpg
283 KB, 1000x1284
Rw ropers for light yard work and casual use
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.