[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would like to enjoy the outdoors but I have autism. Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 463x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 463x650
I would like to enjoy the outdoors but I have autism. Do you think this will impede my ability to have fun outdoors? Are there outdoor groups for people with much autism?
>>
>>634288
>Are there outdoor groups for people with much autism?
Either /out/ or /k/ would work.
>>
>>634288
I don't know if there are groups (other than /out/, that is), but it certainly shouldn't impede things.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a few studies suggested time spent out was actually beneficial for people with things like autism and ADD.

So go for it.
>>
>>634288

>groups

I have a dose of the 'tism and relish the chance to be alone and mutter retarded shit to myself with no fear of judgment or observation.
>>
we already have an Alfie thread
>>
>>634288
wtf r u serious?
anyways i thought autist have problems with people not plants
>>
File: Hanging-out.jpg (104 KB, 630x355) Image search: [Google]
Hanging-out.jpg
104 KB, 630x355
>>634288
There's a beautiful forest in Japan called the "Sea of Trees" where people like you can hang out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDSdg09df8
>>
>>634703
>The 'tism

It's called Asparagus Syndrome
>>
>>635503
>hang out
funny joke, it really kills me
>>
>>634288
People who love the outdoors are probably autistic anyways.
>>
>>634288
You're in one now
>>
>>634288
I have Aspergers and i went to a ramblers club (which is basically a club for doing outdoor walks) when I was younger. They were mostly old folk which wasn't a suprise, but I got on with them well since they were talkative about outdoor related topics, and older people generally don't tend to be judgemental at all.

I was also lucky to have a foraging expert in the group who'd occasionally give us all helpful info about edible berries and fungi, as well as building outdoor fires.

It was really fun for the time I had there, and I positively believe that the experience itself of having an interest to share with other while doing a related activity has helped me appreciate the outdoors even more than I already did. I'm currently studying mycology.
>>
File: DSC_1471.jpg (1 MB, 1295x1936) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1471.jpg
1 MB, 1295x1936
>>634288
I took a similar photo to OP
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.