[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to Solo Mt. Kilimanjaro. Advice me please. Death is not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1438018241062.jpg (249 KB, 799x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438018241062.jpg
249 KB, 799x1080
I want to Solo Mt. Kilimanjaro. Advice me please. Death is not a concern
>>
>>632020

>>>/r9k/

don't cut yourself on that edge, pham.
>>
File: 1436457240350.jpg (21 KB, 499x492) Image search: [Google]
1436457240350.jpg
21 KB, 499x492
>>632027
Thanks for the help, big guy ;)
>>
>>632020
Would you prefer to die before or after you reach the summit?
>>
>>632032
Preferably after :^)
>>
Put something warm on
>>
>>632020
I don't really think Kilimanjaro is all that dangerous is it? Just bring some warm gear.
>>
>>632063
This.

It's not exactly Everest.
>>
>>632020
>The most popular trail for climbing Africa's highest mountain is dismissively known as the "Coca Cola route". It has comfortable huts for tourists to sleep in, food and drink is for sale and the paths are thronged with climbers.

You're a brave soul, OP.
>>
>>632065
I believe you mean "It's not exactly Annapurna."
>>
>>632116
>le Everest is for pussies meme
>>
>>632118
No... Everest is cute compared to that horrifying piece of elevated earth.

You should try it some time. Oh... wait until you graduate first, your parents might not agree.
>>
>>632120
Kek. /out/ bullshit at its finest.
>>
File: k2.jpg (182 KB, 1407x944) Image search: [Google]
k2.jpg
182 KB, 1407x944
Try a winter ascent of K2 anon.

Go hard or go home
>>
>>632120
Not really here to argue my personal experiences with a basement dwelling naysayer.
>>
>>632020
Anyways OP... I've heard Kilimanjaro is a cake walk. Gear up a do it buddy.
>>
>>632020
Understand that Kilimanjaro is a protected site and climbing it without a guide is against Tanzanian law, so if you attempt it completely solo you will probably wind up in jail.

Since you're naive and have a death wish, I suspect the Park Ranges wouldn't have much trouble finding you.
>>
>>632143
I think OP meant that he would go without a companion. Yeah you do have to hire a guide company but you don't have to actually interact with them while hiking.
>>
>>632063
It's not a technical climb, but it is quite a hike and the altitude can really fuck with people.
>>
>>632150
Yea and keep in mind that the Tanzanian wildlife rangers don't fuck around. Nor do the Kenyans. If you threaten the wilderness, and they're not sure about your own integrity, they will straight up fucking kill you.
>>
>>632120
>climbing the world's highest mountain is easy
>runs out of breath from climbing up his mom's basement stairs
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447884735100.jpg (41 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447884735100.jpg
41 KB, 720x960
>>632170

Lol. Every single person in the Tanzanian public service can be bought. The park rangers are issued heirloom Mauser 30-06s and have probably sold all their ammunition.

I grew up in Tanzania and make an effort to visit every year. I climbed Mt Meru a couple of years ago and it was fantastic. It's smaller than Kilimanjaro but a much better walk as the track isn't strewn with rubbish and there isn't a que of rich cunts trying to prove something.

Pic related, view of Kilimanjaro over the clouds from the summit of Mt Meru.
>>
>>632063
this, its a fucking highway of tourists you could go up naked and thered be enough people to feed hydrate and dress you
>>
>>632063

It's not that bad. Only ppl who have problems with it are landwhales.
>>
I assume you mean you want to climb in alpine style, rather than with porters etc as is usual for Kilimanjaro. This is a useful guide:

http://rdklein.fr/essays/kilimanjaro.html
>>
>climbing a mountain
What are you, a dweeb?
Go clubbing instead, it's what all /out/going people do.
>>
>>635738
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yQJGQYLCM
>>
>>632020

If death is not a concern why do you want advice?
>>
>>632020
Kilimanjaro is easy mode and not worthy of your final stand. Also, forget all these plebes saying Everest or K2 because anyone can do those and die trying. Instead, for a true adventure worthy of your entry into Valhalla:

> Hike through Tierra del Fuego
> Go to cape Horn, survey the most dangerous ocean in the world
> Set out for Antarctica in a single person sailboat
> If you survive the passage through the shrieking sixties, congrats!
> Once reaching Antarctica, start walking
> Make your way to Mt Vinson
> climb
> Die in dat coldest spot on the planet
> Valhalla assured
>>
>>634138
Man, that was a depressing read.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.