[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I've been borrowing my brothers golite nest tent for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: golite.jpg (348 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
golite.jpg
348 KB, 800x600
Hey, I've been borrowing my brothers golite nest tent for a while but will no longer be able to use it.
I have been looking for a while to replace it but golite no longer makes this tent, it's honestly the best tent I've ever used as far as weight saving while still being roomy.
Used it in Utah, was great to leave the tarp off and look at the stars, used it in New Zealand and kept me nice and dry.
So I'm looking for essentially the same tent if anyone has any suggestions, hell I'd buy it off one of you if you have one and dont want it anymore.

1. lightweight, prefer no poles needed.
2 affordable, no $600 sylnylon mountain hardware type garbage.
any suggestions?
>TL;DR, looking for ultralite, affordable golite nest replacement.
>>
>>634359
GoLite went bankrupt and I don't think they are coming back. Too bad because they made some top notch gear at good prices.

A Tarptent protrail is probably pretty close, but almost certainly heavier. Their stuff is well made and well thought out though.

I have spent some nights in a Seek Outside BT2 and can tell you that it fits the ultralight minimalist niche really well. Probably lighter than your GoLite and just as stout.

Last ditch would be to get hold of the Jimmy Tarps guy and see if he would make you a copy. He does good work and is still small enough to take custom orders, and be priced right.
>>
>>634364
Go lite is coming back with a different name. I forget what but they emailed me to get the word out.
>>
>>634385
Lot of good that email did them.
>>
File: Copy of Greenstone Hike, NZ 068.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Copy of Greenstone Hike, NZ 068.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>634364
looks pretty good, but is there any that dont require hiking poles? I hate having to carry those things. the golite I can just tie it up with the guylines or 550 cord.
>>
>>634520
>I hate having to carry those things.
I'll take Innawoods for a thousand, Alex.
>When making camp innawoods, you can cut sturdy sticks and use them as these:
What are tent poles?
>You are correct!
>>
>>634520
... sticks ... what about sticks.
>>
File: IMG_0052.jpg (1024 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0052.jpg
1024 KB, 1632x1224
>>634359
the MSR Twing solves half of your tent problem. you just need to add a bug net, anti-creepy crawly unit underneath
>>
>>634411
kek
>>
File: Vanna.jpg (106 KB, 489x216) Image search: [Google]
Vanna.jpg
106 KB, 489x216
>>634521

um... can i buy a vowel?
>>
i would hate this tent in vermont during summer so many blood sucking bugs out there it sucks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.