[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jack Lew nears decision to keep Hamilton on front of $10 bill,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1
File: 1430661902509.jpg (58 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1430661902509.jpg
58 KB, 500x313
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew is expected to announce this week that Alexander Hamilton's face will remain on the front of the $10 bill and a woman will replace Andrew Jackson on the face of the $20 bill, a senior government source told CNN on Saturday.
Lew announced last summer that he was considering redesigning the $10 bill to include the portrait of a woman. The decision to make the historic change at the expense of Hamilton drew angry rebukes from fans of the former Treasury Secretary. The pro-Hamilton movement gained steam after the smash success of the hip-hop Broadway musical about his life this year.
Those pressures led Lew to determine that Hamilton should remain on the front of the bill. Instead, a mural-style depiction of the women's suffrage movement -- including images of leaders such as Susan B. Anthony -- will be featured on the back of the bill.
A Treasury spokesman declined to comment on the pending changes. But Lew hinted that a decision could come this week.
"When we started this conversation not quite a year ago, it wasn't clear to me that millions of Americans were going to weigh in with their ideas," he told CNBC. "We're not just talking about one bill. We're talking about the $5, the $10, and the $20. We're not just talking about one picture on one bill. We're talking about using the front and the back of the bill to tell an exciting set of stories."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/16/news/economy/jack-lew-hamilton-10-bill/index.html
>>
Along those lines, Lew also plans to announce this week that Andrew Jackson -- a less beloved former president whose face graces the front of the $20 bill -- will be removed in favor of a female representing the struggle for racial equality, according to the government source.
That decision would place a female on one of the most widely circulated bills in the world. But the historic change placing a female on the front of the $20 note won't come for more than a decade, the source said, since the process for changing the design of that note is still in the early stages.
"The soonest that a new $20 note will be issued is 2030," the source said, citing a lengthy process convened by the Advanced Counterfeit Deterrence steering committee, which includes representatives from the U.S. Secret Service, the Treasury, and the Federal Reserve.
That process isn't likely to be sped up by the Federal Reserve, which issues the currency, given the work that goes into designing secure technology to thwart counterfeiters.
"The blue security ribbon on the $100 note took over 15 years to develop," the source said. "This level of technology is why our counterfeiting remains at less than .01% of currency in circulation. We should not expedite the issuance of any currency for political purposes."
Future Treasury Secretaries -- of which there will be several -- could reverse or alter the decision regarding the $20, making Lew's announcement far less of a clear-cut victory for the movement pushing to place a woman on American currency.

The $5 bill will retain Abraham Lincoln on the front, with plans to change the back to include a mural of prominent activities that have taken place at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.
>>
The idea of including women in a mural on the back of a bill has been called into question.
"It will take a microscope to see who those individuals are, and we'll be left with another decade or more of woefully inadequate representation of women and their worth," wrote the group Women on 20s in an open letter to Lew, published by Time.
"Nobody looks at the back of the bill, and that's not likely to change," the group wrote. "A vignette without a woman's portrait on the front of the bill (even if she must share with Hamilton) will be seen as a token gesture and an affront to Americans of all ages who are expecting you to reveal your choice of a singular woman based on their input. As a friend of ours put it, relegating women to the back of the bill is akin to sending them to the back of the bus. The Rosa Parks analogies are inevitable."
>>
I like the Sacajawea dollar coins from 10 years ago tbh, but I'm probably the only one.
>>
>>39343
I liked it as well though dollar coins in general are lame tbh as they are too heavy.
>>
With the current backs of all bills greater than $2 you can fold it in a way to show the Twin Towers being hit.
>>
>>39346
Neat. So what does that prove to you?
>>
>>39338
Feminists and other sjws have a trend. They dont make their own things, they take already existing things and modify them as their own.
And for the record, we already have currency with a woman on it, the Sacagawea $1 coin.

And they're already changing the $10 bill to put women on the back, so why the hell so they need to replace the $20?
The bills all feature presidents, and good ones at that. The only reason a woman is being placed on american money is because "muh wominz" and "muh girl power".
>>
>>39338
Disgusting, gender quotas are going to be everywhere it seems
>>
>>39356
>Benjamin Franklin
All the ones on common bills are important in America's founding though
http://www.dentonisd.org/cms/lib/TX21000245/Centricity/Domain/929/presidents%20on%20money.docx
>>
>mfw they'll take jackson off the bill and replace him with some whores but they wont put Reagan on jack shit
>mfw putting a non-president on the front of US currency

How fucking hard is it to be Treasury Secretary, how do you fuck up this badly at everything you do.

What the actual fuck is wrong with Democrats, why can't they just fucking respect american traditions.

Move to Germany or Sweden if you want to live in a dystopian nightmare, just don't fucking bring your shit here.
>>
>>39371
>literally who is Benjamin Franklin
>>
>>39374
One of the most important figures in Americas history?
>>
I could see replacing Jackson with Van Buren because he was the brains behind Jackson anyway but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>39376
And he was never president, nor was Hamilton
>>
>>39345
>>39343
I found 2 Euro coins useful on both of my trips to Europe. Honestly the dollar coin could be handy if more people used it.

Give women the 2 dollar coin too. Why does everyone have to hate Jackson? The man was a war hero, and if not for his bearing the cross of running out all the natives, the American map today would have a bunch of gaping territorial holes.
>>
>>39356
Neither Hamilton nor Franklin were presidents, and Jackson was such a swell dude and fantastic president that deserves to be immortalized on the very thing (federal cash) he hated.

But yeah, fuck women, yadee yada.
>>
>>39339
Great, another MLK tribute.

>$5 bill will retain Abraham Lincoln on the front ... back to include a mural of prominent activities that have taken place at the Lincoln Memorial.
>>
>>39338
I hear the $100 dollar bill back will also honor the LGBT movement by portraying the American taxpayer being fucked up the ass.
>>
>>39382
But the us wouldn't be possible without them
>>
>still no JFK bill (meme president but deserves it)
>no Reagan bill
>no fucking teddy bill
>>
>>39428
>Other Roosevelt got a coin but not Teddy
He was one of two good presidents, too. What a disappoint.
>>
I'm not saying Susan isn't important, but I'm pretty sure Andrew Jackson is definitely more so.
>>
>>39424
But neither of them were presidents, you fucking retard.
>>
>>39356
the have to wait until 2020, they'll forget by then
>>
>>39338
Although it is a huge waste of (taxpayer) money to do something like this, I'm ok with them replacing Jackson on the 20. Mainly because Jackson was avidly against the Federal Reserve and they only put him on there as a big "fuck you".

As long as it isn't killary put on the bill.
>>
>>39442
I think its funnier if they keep Jackson on there.
>>
It would be pretty based if they put Sandra Day O'Connor on the $20 but they're probably going to insist on some suffragist or something
>>
>>39445
Maybe Tubman?
>>
>>39356
Yeah, I've always thought it a weak person who tries to make things equal by pulling those above to their level. Establishing equality by making your level on par with those above you speaks strength to me.
>>
>>39351
That jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
>>
>>39338
If Andrew Jackson was alive,he'd piss on the fucking treasury cunts and the whole FED

"Fuck your bills and worthless thin-air currency papers"
>>
>>39451
It should be Tubman is anything. Abolition is a way more important and revolutionary part of our history than women's suffrage.
>>
>>39428
>>39371
>reagan
Can we stop this conservatard meme?
He was a decent president at best.
>>
>>39338
>Jack Lew
>Lew
>errytime
What the fuck have you done to me, /pol/ ?!
>>
>>39371
>fuck up
I think they are succeeding pretty well, don't you?
>>
>>39430
>shot during a speech
>finishes the speech

He was a hell of a guy.
>>
>>39340
>"It will take a microscope to see who those individuals are, and we'll be left with another decade or more of woefully inadequate representation of women and their worth," wrote the group Women on 20s in an open letter to Lew

SO TRY DOING SOMETHING OF WORTH YOU WORTHLESS CUNT
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>39338
>removing faggot Jackson
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
So if you had to pick a significant woman to be on the $20 bill who would it be? Harriet Tubman for me, she was stone fucking cold.
>>
Why don't they put a woman on the $1 bill, that way you know who to give them to at the strip club
>>
>>39435
Not all the presidents were as important as them though, in history anyways
>>
>>39428
JFK has the 50cent coin at least.
A.K.A the coolest, least used coin.

Teddy should replace that memer Jefferson on the $2 bill.
Or at least the worse Roosevelt on the dime.
>>
I for one think that every time a new president is elected, he should demand the treasury secretary change all the images on every piece of currency to symbols of his own personal regime/doctrine.

Who needs tradition when you can make political statements?
>>
>>39338
Andrew Jackson fought the fucking banks to keep Americans free, kind of funny how they enslaved America again and now getting rid of his face.

They should put the womans face on the 50$ bill.
>>
>>39512
If JFK has a coin and basically did nothing but fuck whores and get assassinated then Reagan deserves one as well
>>
>>39443
This.

>>39530
This. Put a woman's face on the penny, since no one uses those anyway.

>>39545
Kek
>>
>>39560
Go campaign, Trump.
>>
>>39531
Who let the /k/ommando in here? Go back to your moist nugget, foggot.
>>
The want you to forget about the banking system.
>>
The next complaint will be that there's only one bill with a woman on it. Eventually, there will be claims of misogyny that the most valuable bill has a man on it. These groups will never be satisfied.
>>
Who uses cash anymore
>>
>>39647
>Eventually, there will be claims of misogyny that the most valuable bill has a man on it.
Actually, that'd be a good solution too. IIRC, the guy that's currently on the $10,000 bill was put there to shut him up and so no one would ever have to actually see it.
>>
>>39356
>The bills all feature presidents
Except the two guys that weren't presidents, retard.

>and good ones at that
>Jackson
>good
He wouldn't want to be on federal money anyway.
It would be retarded to replace Hamilton though, since he founded the fucking financial system.

>>39554
Are you dense? The guy he was arguing with was bitching about non-presidents being on the currency when there already are non-presidents on the currency.
>>
>>39338
Women have done nothing for this country but breed and now participate gleefully in the destruction of the west. They barely deserve to be pissed on, let alone have an important piece of legal tender that represents their shitty gender.
>>
>>39533
Good guess, anon.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/treasurys-lew-to-announce-hamilton-to-stay-on-10-bill-222204

However:

>...Jackson isn’t getting completely booted off the $20 bill. He’s likely to remain on the back.
>>
>>39788
I half wish they would put one of his anti-bank quotes on it just for the extra irony.
>>
>>39582
No.

Grant was the handsomest motherfucking president of them all. And he was one of the best presidents. But mostly the handsome part.

Us rich homos shouldn't have to look at some ugly woman every time we open our wallets. We have rights.
>>
>>39788
For fuck's sake. He hated the national bank. Fucking asshole.
>>
>>39817
>Grant
>best

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h234.html

Oh wait -

>rich

- I almost forgot that all you rich people love government corruption. Also,

[looks at picture of pudgy-ass ugly Grant]
>handsome?!?
>>
>>39863
Name one (1) more attractive president.

And no cheating by looking at ugly presidents before they got old.
They had to have been attractive while in office.
Grant aged like the finest wine.

And also he wasn't responsible for the corruption in his administration, he fought tooth and nail to put an end to hit. He still qualifies as one of the better presidents.
He won us the god damn war, made the 15th amendment happen, neutered the KKK, saved the injuns, and shielded the nation from complete postwar economic collapse.
Under anybody else, America wouldn't exist today.
>>
>>39880
William J Clinton, evidently.
I'll give you
>shielded the nation from complete postwar economic collapse
but your first point argues for his skills as a general, not president, and he's generally regarded as a good general but lousy president.
He largely failed at fighting the corruption in his cabinet.
Your other points I can't argue since I don't know that much about Grant's presidency (aside from having been a drunk, but I am one myself, so I don't exactly see that as a plus or minus).
>>
>>39881
Okay so maybe I misspoke a little.
He was one of the greatest MEN to ever be president. His value as a man and as a sculptor of this nation extend far beyond his actions as president.

And he also did more to protect African Americans than Tubman could even dream of doing. Without him in the office, the KKK would have brought us into Civil War II, or otherwise lynched every black. He absolutely destroyed them (even suspended habeas corpus), unlike that pussy Johnson. The South wasn't going to fuck with him twice.

Not to mention he's the one who gave them the right to vote. He did more for black rights than any other president, hands down. Maybe even any other person.

Also also, Billy Boy is ugly as all sin. But women don't care about attractiveness when it means they get the perks of fucking their boss.

The only sorta-correct answer is "Franklin Pierce," but that portrait of him is VERY dishonest. The old-timey equivalent of airbrushed.
>>
>>39889
Thanks for a well thought out response anon.
I'm okay with being BTFO by somebody who knows their shit.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.