[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baltimore school cop who slapped, kicked student dodges child
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 57071c13c461884b2a8b4605.jpg (49 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
57071c13c461884b2a8b4605.jpg
49 KB, 900x500
>A Baltimore school police officer who was caught on a viral video slapping and kicking a teenager has avoided felony child abuse charges. The officer and his partner, who observed the abuse, now face lesser charges of assault and misconduct in office.

>The Baltimore state’s attorney’s office dropped the second-degree child abuse charges against officer Anthony C. Spence, because they were not found to be “appropriate.”

>“After obtaining all the facts and analyzing them based on Maryland case law, Pope v. State, as well as the applicable criminal statute, we have determined the defendants in these cases did not have temporary care or custody of the victim, therefore the child abuse charges are not appropriate,” spokeswoman Rochelle Ritchie said in a statement.

>Spence, 44, has been under investigation since early March, when a video posted on Facebook showed him slapping a 16-year-old across the face three times before kicking him outside the REACH Partnership School in Clifton Park.

>Spence’s partner, Saverna Bias, 53, was seen standing nearby, reportedly encouraging Spence to “smack him because he has too much mouth.”

>Warren Brown, Spence’s lawyer, initially said that his client had been responding to a report of an intruder on the school grounds. However, it was later confirmed that the teenager was a student there. Brown then claimed that the student had spat on Spence before the officer slapped and kicked him.

>Bias’ attorney, Steven Levin, said on Thursday that the video showed his client hadn’t done anything to the teenager.

>“There is no basis for these charges,” Levin said.

https://www.rt.com/usa/338862-baltimore-cop-escapes-charges/
>>
>Baltimore
>surreptitiously recording over his shoulder before the incident

>Baltimore
Good work, officers.

>On March 10, both Spence and Bias were charged with second-degree assault and misconduct in office and put on paid administrative leave.
>Brown said that he and his client “fully expect” to convince a jury that Spence and Bias’ behavior was “more than appropriate,” and that the case was “brought on by the vile act of this alleged victim,” who he suggested was an example of an “antisocial, lead-poisoned, irrational, angry, mired in poverty and despair” child.
>“It’s not ‘Leave It to Beaver.’ You’re dealing with a tough group of people,” he said, according to the Baltimore Sun.
>Geisser is expecting Spence to be convicted for the “egregious acts” caught in the video. Spence’s arraignment is scheduled for May 6.

Good luck, officers.
>>
Burn cops
>>
>>37601
It's true, it's not the correct charge. But I'm not familiar enough with America's justice to say which one is. Because I'm pretty sure that's not right.
>>
there is little to no hope of a judge putting anyone else's case under a microscope like this. Why do people even need cops if all they stand for is peace through violence?
>>
>>37601
Well, I kinda agree. This isn't child abuse.
>>
>>37601
>https://www.rt.com/usa/338862-baltimore-cop-escapes-charges
>cop is black
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>38007

the cop who recently body slammed a hs girl was white

>trying to make it about race
why am i not surprised.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.