[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poland considering asking for access to nuclear weapons under
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 0
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/06/poland-considering-asking-for-access-to-nuclear-weapons-under-nato-program

Poland’s deputy defence minister has said the ministry is considering asking for access to nuclear weapons through a Nato program in which non-nuclear states borrow the arms from the US.
>>
>>6604

Nuclear sharing is a concept in NATO's policy of nuclear deterrence, which involves member countries without nuclear weapons of their own in the planning for the use of nuclear weapons by NATO, and in particular provides for the armed forces of these countries to be involved in delivering these weapons in the event of their use.
As part of nuclear sharing, the participating countries carry out consultations and take common decisions on nuclear weapons policy, maintain technical equipment required for the use of nuclear weapons (including warplanes capable of delivering them), and store nuclear weapons on their territory. In case of war, the United States told NATO allies the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) would no longer be controlling.

As of November 2009, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey are still hosting U.S. nuclear weapons as part of NATO's nuclear sharing policy. Canada hosted weapons until 1984, and Greece until 2001.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing
>>
What would Poland need for nukes?
>>
>>6620
Ruskies, bro.
>>
Russians wouldn't allow this, it would literally start WW3
>>
It's just more shit throwing at Russia
>>
>>6605
Holy shit, I didn't even know my country had nuclear weaponry.
>>
>>6625
This.

The fewer nations with nukes the better. In fact, someone should really disarm Pakistan, India, Ukraine, Israel (holy fuck, why was this allowed in the first place?) and Belarus. At least the ex Soviet countries have an excuse, Russia was using them as nuclear targets. Pakistan and India are just itching for a Muslim/Hindu holy war.

No Poland, you don't get nukes. I'm Australian, we could mine uranium and make nukes without anyone's permission, but we still wouldn't do that because it'd make us a nuclear target. Also, we're under more threat than Poland from either Indonesia if they radicalise or China if they rage quit international trade and decide to invade for free minerals. We still won't make nukes, for reasons beyond me we won't even build a reactor for energy purposes.
>>
Fucking cold war.
>>
>>6748

Poland is the country most likely to get fucked in the case of a war. They deserve leverage.
>>
>>6823
As a nuclear nation they'd be a target for nuclear bombs, pretty much "we just declared war, let's nuke Poland before they nuke us," meanwhile without nukes the enemy would sooner attempt a ground invasion. Having nuclear weapons is likely a going to cause more harm than good.
>>
>>6826
>Aussie goes against self defense
What a surprise.
>>
>>6748
Classic Aussie Banter.
C.A.B.
>>
>>6748
Ukraine has no nukes. It aggreed to trade them off for territorial sovereignity.
>>
>>6748
>Israel (holy fuck, why was this allowed in the first place?)
Because they never signed the agreement that forbade them from using nuclear weapons.
And because they're Israel.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.