[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-ageing dog trial could see pets live for an extra four years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/12031351/Anti-ageing-dog-trial-could-see-pets-live-for-an-extra-four-years.html
>>
I would consume it myself and would give it to my pets. Everybody loves longer and better.

Any side effects?
>>
>>6392
Woof, woof woof.
Bark!
Grrrrr.
>>
So there's a drug that's been shown to extend the lives of mice and now dogs by 25%...
When do I get this drug?
>>
>>6496
Now my rat can live a whopping 4 years! Thanks, science!
>>
>>6499
Now we're on the brink of a drug that can significantly extend humans natural lifespan! Thanks, science!
>>
>>6508
Yes but where does the aging process slow? Is it going to be when I'm eighty five my body will say "Thanks to this drug I can keep control of my bladder for another five years" and then when I'm ninety I resume the march down incontinent Alzheimer's riddled seniority?
>>
>>6361
Why not inject Phazon instead?
>>
>>6361
I hope that one day all of my dogs will outlive me.
Dogworld soon.
>>
Great, more excuse to raise the retirement age
>>
>Extends life by 25%
>Reduces critical hit chance by 11%

heh no thanks
>>
>>6442
This, fam
>>
4 years is entirely negligible and honestly anyone in their late 80s-early 90s is likely ready to die anyways.
>>
>>6526
will graham >>/x/
>>
>>6765
>anyone in their late 80s-early 90s is likely ready to die anyways.
Because of shitty health. What if it is possible to maintain your youth for longer?
>>
>>6510
Did you even read the article?
>More important than the extra years, however, is the improvement in overall health during aging that we expect rapamycin to provide.
The point of anti-aging isn't more life; it's more youth. Even if early drugs only serve to extend old age, though, that still increases your chances of living long enough to benefit from later, more advanced anti-aging drugs, which have a better chance of reversing aging-related damage, and those in turn improve your chance of living long enough to benefit from the next ones, and so on.
>>
I hope you read the Wikipedia article too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirolimus
>>
>meanwhile, my dog of 14 years died last may
i'm still not okay
>>
>>6577
GOOD POST
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.