[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say hello to the newest member of the NATO club!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: Montenegro.jpg (54 KB, 672x349) Image search: [Google]
Montenegro.jpg
54 KB, 672x349
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/opinion/russias-fury-over-montenegro-and-nato.html?_r=0

At least it's bigger than Crimea...
>>
>>6326
i dont want them
>>
>>6326

>implying

it's not going to happen
>>
C'mon Russia another fake invasion won't hurt.
>>
>>6326
No problem here, I would like to visit Kotor and sights of the country more easily.
>>
>>6342
Can you read, kid? It has already happened. The entire European Mediterranean coastline is NATO.
>>
>>6429
No it hasn't. Quit being a retard
>>
>>6326
I still think it's hilarious how Russia can get away with dictating to other states which military alliance they are allowed to join and which they aren't.
>>
>population 621,383
That would make it the second least populous US state, between Vermont and Wyoming
Why do they even need to be their own country in the first place?
>>
>>6432
Why are you so insistent over something that you know isn't true? Why do you believe it wouldn't have happened?

My friend, you're a mystery. Are you in denial? Could you believe that you're trolling? Could you believe that NATO is a conspiracy, or perhaps, the conspiracy is Montenegro...

Don't tell me. I want to remember you as incomplete. I think it's a perfect, poetic commentary of Russia.
>>
>>6372
It's not like the game at all.
I don't recommend it.
>>
>>6326
>Budget: 37 million euros (2015)
>Active Personnel: 1,950 (2015)
>Reserve Personnel: 400
>planes and helicopters from the soviet union era
>1 transport ship, 1 frigate, and 1 fast attack craft

And a snowblower is listed on their wikipedia page just to make it look longer.

Jesus christ. I love new allies, but this is just embarrassing. My fucking city's law enforcement has more man power.
>>
What's even the point of NATO expanding anymore?
What's even the point of NATO still existing?
>>
>>6459
I dunno, what're you gonna do, not be friends with small countries? The more the merrier. You wanna ignore Montenegro too small, you're gonna be cutting out most of Eastern Europe.
>>
>>6459
>My fucking city's law enforcement has more man power.

Well ya, police>soldiers. That's not really saying much.
>>
>>6463
>What's even the point of NATO expanding anymore?
Russia is soviet union 2.0
They're expanding as well.
>What's even the point of NATO still existing?
It is supposed to keep countries safe. A small shit country like Montenegro wouldn't even survive the artillery fire before Russia even invades.

But now they're allied with NATO, and thus they have a potential army of millions to draw upon. Along with weapons, vehicles, and training.

NATO is seen as incompetent though because they don't want to get into a full scale war with Russia. Though, WWIII would not be great, so you can't fault them much.

>>6465
Not saying lets ignore them. I just said I love new allies. It's just embarrassing. Are they at least increasing their army size? adding more funds to the military?

>>6468
> police>soldiers.
I never said that, I just said they have more manpower. Though, I heard SWAT gets trained pretty much the same as in the military. So, it won't be everyone, but a portion, still larger than their reserve would likely be trained well enough to serve in the army.
>>
>>6474
>embbarassing
It's a tiny country, so it has a tiny military. Saying their armed forces are embbarrasing is the same as saying the existence of montenegro is embarassing. What dya expect from a country with 600k pop?
>>
>>6444
It seems like a good place to find lightsaber crystals and jedi ruins.
>>
>>6433
>I still think it's hilarious how the US can get away with dictating to other states which military alliance they are allowed to join and which they aren't.
>>
>>6501
this. also replace US with... NATO and EU. same shit.
reminder: neocolonialism is still alive and well, and fucking NATO hypocrites keep playing the victim card
why doesn't russia bomb you all and you bomb them back so the whole global north is finally wiped...
>>
>Nigger mountain

You literally cant even make this shit up.
>>
>>6536
Because Russia's military power is heavily overplayed by everybody involved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures
If you look at the data you can tell that not only is Russia's military a joke compared the US American military, but that even in Europe Russia is more than matched. You can ignore Germany because nobody cares about soldiers whose guns don't work, and you still get a much bigger number for the allies in west Europe than what Russia has.
I think one of the main reason people pretend Russia is so strong is so that the NATO countries have an excuse for their own martial expenses.
>>
>>6474
>But now they're allied with NATO, and thus they have a potential army of millions to draw upon. Along with weapons, vehicles, and training
Would you have YOUR country start a war for Montenegro?
>>
>>6566
Fuck yes. If Russia invades montenegro I expect war. /Brit
>>
>>6568
You do realize you'll probably be drafted? And that the war might turn nuclear?
>>
>>6572
>you'll probably be drafted?
You hugely overestimate Russia. Or underestimate European NATO. Or both.

Also, I'm too old :p

>And that the war might turn nuclear?

That's a worrying possibility, but there's no way around it. We can't just let Russia do anything they like because they have nukes. If we ignore them invading a nato nation we may as well just ceed kent to 'em right now.
>>
>You hugely overestimate Russia. Or underestimate European NATO. Or both.
Or perhaps you hugely underestimate just what "total war" means. Are you seriously suggesting that it's possible for NATO to defeat Russia without a general draft (at least in a hypothetical non-nuclear war)?

>We can't just let Russia do anything they like because they have nukes
But that's the thing - would you allow worldwide thermonuclear war over an irrelevant balkan shithole like Montenegro? We already made this mistake in WW1, if we repeat it now it might literally result in an apocalypse.
NATO should be a strong alliance between like-minded great powers and key countries. It should NOT be american's power projection blob which also happens to have a defensive clause (as it is now). A border skirmish in the baltics should not be equal to a bombardment of a major USA city, and should not lead to the same result of total annihilation.

The sad truth is that countries like Montenegro or the blatic states have no place in a rigid defensive alliance as broad as NATO. Armed provocations and even invasion should be dealt with, obviously, but not through something as dangerous and shortsighted as Article 5. This goes double for the baltic states, which have always been Russia's backyard.
More to the point - NATO has no place in the 21st century, at least not in its current form. After the cold war ended (or paused, depending on your viewpoint) it should have been disbanded. American needs to find some other way to project power (perhaps defensive agreements with individual countries?), one which doesn't put the entire world at risk over a bunch of tiny irrelevant states on the periphery of the USA's sphere of influence.
>>
>>6558
You're wasting your time bro, no one wants to here about the reality, they only believe the propaganda
>>
>>6578
>Are you seriously suggesting that it's possible for NATO to defeat Russia without a general draft
Manpower isn't an issue for NATO like it is for Russia and their capibilities arent any more than where the US was almost 30 years ago. Stop pretending to know something, Russia would be trashed by Turkey alone. Also, the second they go nuclear all of the FSU joins and is drafted into the NATO cause. Putin can't even threaten nukes for fear of being boxed out his Syria spoils. Besides, the color revolution will happen long before Russian goys are forced into the Russian military again.
>>
>>6578
>NATO has no place in the 21st century, at least not in its current form.
I think you mean Putin's Russia.
>>
>>6721
Lol at turkey can trash Russia. You really dumb.
>>
>>6728
Turkish manpower would be the only manpower necessary to defeat Russia. The rest of NATO can have the balance of its guns and all its butter.

Putin's Russia is the shadow of something that was already pathetic.
>>
>>6501
>implying most nations don't activley want to be a part of NATO

Seriously, ask the any former country what life was like post 1992. I'm sure no Pole or Czech would want to go back to that
>>
>a nato member keeps fucking up
>badly too
>do what's on the agenda today
>let's invite literally who to our club!
>>
>>6732
Russians fight for their country. Others for money. If you talking about all in war. Russia can go long way as them people never give up. I bet no turks will fight for their president. But Putin got huge respect. Plus modern weaponry can render lots of man power useless.
>>
>>6854
Russians aren't patriotic, they're a loose confederation of envy, amorality, and opportunism. They're not going to die for Putin. They live shitter lives than Africans and the trend is down hill. The Putin brand is going sour without another vector of humiliation, and economic collapse is right around the corner.

Turkish on the otherhand,
1. Are ready to do anything to get closer to Europe
2. Actually work and have an economy that would benefit from war keynesianism
3. Are apparently spoiling for a fight
4. Have allies
5. Have access to tech and expertise that eclipses that of Russia
>>
>>6859
>1. Are ready to do anything to get closer to Europe
They voted for Erdogan so No.

>2. Actually work and have an economy that would benefit from war keynesianism
War is expensive. Americans only think that war is good for one's economy because of the great wars where they were barely involved as combatants.
>>
>>6859
You are retarded, stop talking now.
>>
>>6931
/news/ seems to have 50 or less active posters. Chances are, whoever you are disagreeing with in this thread, you are also arguing with him in a different thread about the same topic.
>>
>>6859
Patriotism is not for president but for country. How many Russians do you know to speak about patriotism? I know a lot. And if the time comes they definitely choose to die for Russia and not for any other country.
Economic collapse won't happens in Russia. Russia survived and always get up without anyone's help. Which can't be said about other countries. Russia can produce most of the stuff itself. They only but because some cunts were getting a slack from the deal.
Ams what "tech" are you talking about? Russia for top notch military tech. And I bet they can get all the tech from China cos they manufacture it for the west.
>>
>>7134
>Russian patriotism
I would call you a good goy, but you're more than likely being paid.
http://www.gutenberg.us/articles/web_brigades

>Russia stronk
1. Russia is not gaining ground in Syria and is losing ground in Ukraine; in a real fight they would quickly implode.
2. Russia can't afford to buy poor Chinese knock-offs of exclusive NATO and US tech, so they really have no hope of anything approaching parity.
>>
>>11184
>http://www.gutenberg.us/articles/web_brigades
I'm pretty sure every country has a team of those. Israel is also confirmed to employ a team of web activists.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.