[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teen asks to help man with groceries, and his life changes forever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 0
Chauncy Jones Black is 16. His story came to light when he met a man named Matt White on June 10. Matt documented their meeting on Facebook and has since set up a GoFundMe account to help the family desperately in need.

The two met at the Kroger at Poplar and Highland. Chauncy walked up and asked if he could help load Matt’s groceries into the car in exchange for a pack of donuts, and that’s where the story really begins.

Matt took the teen into the store and went on a grocery shopping spree. He then drove Chauncy home so he didn’t have to take the bus, and the reality of the boy’s life became more heartbreaking from there.

Chauncy was living with his mother in a house, but they had nothing. No furniture aside from a couch and of couple lamps. No beds; absolutely nothing.

They slept on pads made out of sleeping bags, and their refrigerator was empty.

Matt had given the family food and other groceries, but he wanted to give them hope for a better life moving forward.

Chauncy has big dreams. He is a straight-A student, he wants to work, he wants to be productive and he wants to eventually be a business owner.

The problem is, he didn’t really have a chance until now.

Matt set up a GoFundMe account with the idea of raising $250 to buy Chauncy a lawnmower so he could start cutting yards for money. The response has been incredible, and the crowdfunding website has helped way beyond the initial goal.
So far, $29,000 has been raised.

Matt is now working to provide the family with new clothes and belongings to furnish their home. Chauncy literally has not gotten new clothes in three years. It’s a sad situation, and he deserves better.

Matt also wants to help them move out of their current neighborhood, where they have been robbed before and heard gunshots right outside their windows.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/teens-asks-to-help-man-with-groceries-and-his-life-changes-forever/359839326
>>
He deserves better? Then his mom should have voted for Sanders.

Fuck'em.
>>
>>53249
Exactly the opposite of what you say is true.
Welfare needs to go away and people should get to know the folks they willingly give charity to.
Much better than government wealth redistribution
>>
>>53326
They can also work. Trump is going to bring jobs back and lower taxes to 0% for the poorest of poorfags.
>>
>>53326
>and this is why your country is shit.
...The most stable republic in the history of humanity is "shit"? Alrighty then.

American unemployment was much lower prior to LBJ and his so-called "great society". With the advent of welfare programs and minimum wage laws, unemployment has soared. More grievously, the generations who've lived off welfare programs have retrogressed into entitled layabouts. Such is the fate of nations that remove incentives for their citizens to work.
>>
>>53304
It may actually work if you do it like that, but who knows. Humanity is retarded "sometimes".
>>
>>53366
watch your back bro, karma always finds a way
>>
>>53180
>Chauncy literally has not gotten new clothes in three years.

It's really weird to me the details people choose to hone in on when it comes to describing poverty.
>>
>Chauncy Jones Black
>Black
>Matt White
>White
Lol
>>
>>53304

Nigga, I grew up in poverty. My family was literally homeless a couple of times. Welfare isn't inherently bad, it just needs to be reformed so that it's not a trap. The current rules are so strict that you're basically not allowed to have any savings, not allowed to own anything above a certain value, etc. while you're receiving assistance, otherwise you'll be cut off. Unless you magically come into a stable, well-paying job, you're not going to escape the welfare trap. You can forget about putting back any money each month so you can eventually move to a better town with more opportunities, because your benefits will be terminated as soon as the state finds out that you have anything that could remotely be considered "disposable" income. They want to give you the bare minimum to subsist, and anything more than that counts against your eligibility.
>>
>>53480
This sums it up and people have to turn to illegitimate activities to get out of the trap.
>>
>>53480

This is literally what happens. We call it "Welfare Loop" here.

So glad we're out of that shit, but now we're 30k in the hole for a degree in Network Security. Wheeeeee.
>>
>>53420
That's rough. think about what that implies.
>>
>>53180
Is this the start of a joke where Mr. White is actually black and Mr. Black is actually white? Man, the lengths people go to for the setup of jokes...
>>
>>53573
No Mr. black is black and Mr. White is white
>>
>>53551

I think it speaks more to America's materialistic, consumerist culture than anything.
I make a good living and I go years without buying new clothes. All of the clothes I wear regularly are well over 3 years old, and anything 'newer' than that was a single-digit indulgence from the Salvation Army that I could happily go without.
Obviously if this kid is unable to afford even a $2 Salvation Army shirt he's got bigger problems, but that problem is the fact that he can't afford to sensibly spend $2, not that he doesn't have a new shirt.
>>
>>53627
I agree. I just bought new clothes recently (nothing over 20 bucks a shot, t-shirts at 5 bucks, etc) for the first time in years.

Granted, good clothes last years, but it takes very little to get new stuff if you look around. Sounds like more is going on if the kid didn't have any new clothes.
>>
>>53420
Some people think they are poor when they haven't bought the newest iphone.

Poor in my book is met by one condition: Have you skipped eating because you did not have any money?
>>
>>53663
Don't forget
>After growing up in the best period in American history, my generation proceeded to fuck things and continues to fuck things, while screaming MILENNIALS the whole way

Baby boomers are easily the worst generation in American history and are a disgrace to previous generations.
>>
>>53420
Yeah. I probably haven't gotten new clothes for that long either, and I'm not poor, just unfashionable.
>>
>>53420
>>53703
I suppose they mean that his clothes weren't exactly in good shape or appropriate (you know.. you body grows a lot from 13 to 16)
>>
>>53674
It's not an opinion that 99.9% of people are indistinguishable from feudal serfs, controlled more effectively than ever before by tech monopoly when the only argument 'beneficiaries of the system' (basic needs are met) can offer is that they can just dispose of anyone who disagrees with their "way of life"

Liberty will require a promise of violence against these status protecting knights
>>
>>53627
Well, the difference is that a kid that age is also growing and kids are hard as fuck on clothing. Recall being 16?
>>
>>53537
We are all slaves to the system, even if people manage to climb out of the hole, things like student loans and car financing and home mortgages keep the middle class where they are. Upward mobility can only be bought.
>>
>>53193
>Fuck'em
You doesn't sound like a Sanders voter.
>>
>>53692
>>53663
The only thing baby boomers did wrong was not having enough kids.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.