[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House Democrats Stage Sit In Protest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 628x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 628x353
Oh look. Congressional Democrats are acting like children again because they didn't get what they wanted. Typical.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/house-democrats-gun-control-sit-in/488264/
>>
>>52775
It's fun for them to pretend they are sitting in like the protesters from the 60s but in reality these people take bathroom breaks and have subordinates and aides that bring them whatever they want.
>>
>>52775
>implying congressional republicans haven't been doing this for the last 8 years
>once to the point that it shutdown routine for 2 weeks, and indefinitely furloughed 800k federal employees during that time

Look dad, I can do it too!
>>
I just called my rep to say I support the sit in and gun control legislation. I wish my rep was on the floor though.
>>
>>52775

OP you are partisan retarded. You are part of the reason American politics is so fucking terrible. Christ, how does it feel to be so ignorant of the RECENT past?

1) Republicans did this exact same thing in 2008 when they didn't get their way.
2) Democrats responded the exact same way to the Republican sit in. (Shut off the lights and walked away).

Seriously, why is Americans treat political parties like they are fucking sports teams? Cheering them on no matter what and hating the rival no matter what. Grow up.
>>
>>52775
Republicans did the same in 2008 to get an oil drilling bill passed.
>>
>>52959
better version of the story:
>>52974
>>
>>52775
>>52810
>Let's make a ""symbolic"" (i.e. complete waste of time) vote to defund Obamacare for the nth time

It's all theater all the time, these people are all fucking clowns and by picking a side you're part of the problem.
>>
>>53074
learn top big tent politics, kid
>>
>>52959
And when the Republicans shut down the government it cost the taxpayer $2 billion.
>>
>>52775
>Typical.

Um, no? They wouldn't go as far as to shut down the government over their unwillingness to compromise, unlike Republicans.

Both parties are ultimately fucked though. There are no sane politics in this country, just one extreme or the other.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.