[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicago PD officer fired after being filmed stomping man’s head
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 5760bf6cc46188240f8b45ae.jpg (40 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
5760bf6cc46188240f8b45ae.jpg
40 KB, 900x500
>An unnamed Chicago police officer has been relieved of his duties after a video depicting him stomping on a man’s head during an arrest was recently uploaded. The incident is still under investigation.

>Video of the attack was uploaded Monday and officials made the announcement Tuesday.

>Chicago Police Department announced that the police officer filmed assaulting a man during an arrest has been let go, Reuters reported. In addition, the incident is currently under investigation by the Independent Police Review Authority (IPRA).

>"After careful consideration and reviewing the video footage, Superintendent (Eddie) Johnson has decided to relieve one of the officers involved in the incident," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in an e-mailed statement to Reuters.

>The video was posted by Terrance Hobson, a bystander on Monday who was one of several witnesses to the incident. The man beaten in the video was identified as Shaquille O'Neil.

>O’Neil, 24, was allegedly fleeing police. The video shows him struggling under a plainclothes officer who is attempting to arrest him. A uniformed officer then approaches and stomps down on his head.

https://www.rt.com/usa/346709-chicago-pd-officer-fired/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxfPdHVmGQ
>>
He was resisting arrest, in a neighbourhood full of what seems to me african Americans, it also looked dangerous, 2 cops anf there where bunch of people arround could be friends or family. What did he expect
>>
>Shaquille O'Neil.
Classy, black folks, very classy.
>>
>>50629
There are a lot of cops who are violent cunts. Blacks, having generally a higher rate of crime in their communities, therefore deal more with aforementioned violent cunts, resulting in shit like this.
>>
>>50629
He should have shot that coon in the head nine times. Maybe then he would still have his job.
>>
>>50629
Maybe american police fprce should have a drome camera cluster every police and a division monitoring everything.
Or just show compilations of stupid officers becoming fired to academies
>>
>>50646

Olympic mental gymnast
>>
>>50646
Jesus Christ what the fuck
>>
>>50727
good they deserve it
>>
>>50646
just to clarify for your simple mind:
This >>50697 was sarcasm
>>
>>50629
>Terrance Hobson
he better lawyer up
its felony offence to record an officers voice in illinois
>>
>>52491

no its not

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140320/11095226634/il-overturns-states-insane-recording-laws.shtml
>>
>>50629
Relieved of his sidearm, Judge Dredd is forced to improvise.
>>
>>50629
>Shaquille O'Neil
>>
>>50646
Actually I agree with this anon. The dude was clearly resisting arrest. We (I'm American) definitely need to get rid of the racism in the police force, but here in Chicago (I'm a Chicagoan), these neighborhoods are rough and police officers need to be able to use force when suspects resist arrest. This video was, in my opinion, blown way out of proportion relative to the crazy shooting of the unarmed suspect that became a big story earlier this year.
>>
>>52712
>(I'm a Chicagoan)

I'm embarrassed to call you one of our own, bootlicker. What neighborhood, praytell? I bet $100 you're actually suburban.
>>
>>50629

Welp, another cell phone video another day.

1) Obviously uncomfortable situation for the police. Potentially excited civilians don't make the job any easier.
2) Suspect should not be resisting arrest. Makes the situation more tense for the officers.
3) Standing officer knows back up is coming and knows potentially excitable civilians are around.
4) Standing officer decides to kick suspect in the head. This is a bad decision. A) it is unnecessary considering the suspect was pinned and despite struggling wasn't going anywhere. Another tactic could be used to help subdue the suspect. B) Stomping on a pinned guys head is a good way to excite the crowd making the situation more dangerous for everyone involved.

Great example of the wrong way to handle a tense situation.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.