[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brock Turner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: BT.png (583 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
BT.png
583 KB, 715x715
Decided I'd post here before putting this opinion on Facebook.
Why has Brock Turner's rape case been given so much attention? There are plenty of rapes that occur on college campuses every year, where some rapist's punishment is actually more lenient than the one handed down to Brock Turner. How come media and society have decided that it would be Turner's case to blow up?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/08/stanford-had-a-rape-every-two-weeks-before-brock-turner-was-caught.html
>>
Easy, because it fits their ultra liberal agenda and the story is full of buzz words that just inflame public opinion. It's pure yellow journalism.
>>
because a white athlete who makes money for his school gets better treatment than a person of color who doesnt.
>>
>>48858
wheres the other thread, which was longer? damn it!!
>>
>>48858
>He was sentenced under Alabama's mandatory minimum laws, which dictate that someone caught possessing more than 2.2 pounds of a drug, and who had been convicted of certain felonies before that, must be sentenced to life in prison without parole. More than 30 years prior to being convicted of marijuana possession, Brooker had been convicted of armed robbery in Florida for holding up multiple liquor stores.

Brock Turner is not a rapist, he was convicted of sexual assault.
>>
>>49182
No. Brock Turner is a rapist, he's just not convicted of rape.
Unless you think sexual-assaulter is a word.
>>
>>50274
Might as well be one.
>>
Because he said it was more like the "rapes" where a girl and a guy were both sloppy drunk, girl agrees to sex and regrets in the morning, claims it was rape.

Except this was not the case. He dragged her unconscious body outside behind a dumpster and didn't just fuck it, but took some pictures he sent to friends and took a stick and molested her with that, injuring her vagina.

As soon as two students rode by and asked what he was doing, he bolted.

There is a difference between a girl claiming she was raped because of intoxication, than an unconscious person being raped outside.

If he can't control himself while intoxicated around unresponsive women, who is to say he won't do it again?

Also, there was a black dude with no previous records falsely accused of rape (unlike the example above where the dude robbed stores) and he sat in prison for 14 years until a combo of DNA and the "victim" finally confessing it was made up. But because Brock Turner can't eat a ribeye steak without joy, he will not feel true prison or true consequences.
>>
>>50274
sexual assailant, sex offender.
>>
>20 year old meets 19 year old on tinder
>they meet and fuck
>he gets arrested
>finds out she was underage
>the girl and her mother defend the boy, saying she tricked him
>the judge throws the book at him
>10 years, sex offender for life

>this fucker rapes a girl
>gets only a few months and won't be marked as a sex offender

Fuck the race bullshit. Both were white.
>>
>>50277
Except that's completely wrong.

>Guy meets girl inside bar
>Girl grinds on guy, they later make out
>They discuss the topic of fingering
>At this point, they go outside together
>Making out continues, guy starts fingering the girl
>At this point, the girl passes out
>Shortly thereafter the two dudes see them and intervene

I'm not saying the guy was in the right. If the girl is passing out while getting a handjob she's too drunk.

But then there are people like you who sensationalize the shit out of this and go around spreading a story that simply isn't true because you want to criminalize the guy further.
>>
>>50302
Its one insane tumblrina, she shit up the last thread on the subject. She very clearly has autism because she was at it for days.
>>
>>50302
>If the girl is passing out while getting a handjob she's too drunk.

The fact that it happened behind a dumpster says they were too drunk as well.
>>
>>48858

Specifically BECAUSE it's such a common problem.
Brock's case is just an example of a shitty overall trend that people are sick to death of. It puts a face to it, the case itself is 'tame' enough that it's very relatable, the victim greatly humanised herself, and Brock's father is such a creep that he's pretty much a Saturday morning cartoon villain. And it even has the 'not all men are bad tho' characters in the Swedes, it's like a fucking movie.
>>
>>50302

The only person who's saying this, who has the capacity to say it, is Brock. To take it as gospel is just ridiculous.
>>
>>50340
The judge agrees tho. which is why Brock was found not guilty of rape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7_pqgK8V0
>>
The important thing is, it blew up. Party "culture" is getting out of hand.
>>
>>50274
Isn't the term molester?
>>
Ayy lmao
>>
I don't think sexual assault cases hold much weight when the victim allows themselves to get piss-drunk. Both the victim and the guy who took advantage of her are idiots, and I wouldn't waste a single ounce of sympathy on either of them.

As for the details of the case itself, it looks like the only thing substantiated by the evidence was that the guy fingered her. I can see how that would probably result in the rape charges being dropped down to sexual misconduct, so the verdict matches the crime? People are just upset that he's not being prosecuted for the original charge of rape.

I don't think requiring the guy to register as a sex offender makes any sense. He wasn't entirely lucid when he committed the crime. Unless he's a habitual drunk, I don't think there's a reasonable basis to suspect he's going to commit any similar acts in the future. Honestly, keeping him on the registry is just a waste of tax dollars.

Moral of the story: Alcoholics are tools.

>>48858
>Why has Brock Turner's rape case been given so much attention?

Because Americans lead such uneventful lives.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.