[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft accused of making Windows 10 impossible to block
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: 1464832171485.jpg (114 KB, 594x297) Image search: [Google]
1464832171485.jpg
114 KB, 594x297
http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-accused-of-making-windows-10-impossible-to-block-company-denies-504823.shtml
>>
>>48042
I guess we have to wait for someone in Congress to be affected for them to take action.
>>
>>48079
Most people in congress are so tech illiterate they are either running vista or can't find the difference between 7/8/10
>>
>>48083
This. I guarantee there are some congressmen still using XP on their office pc
>>
>>48079
>>48083
>>48098

It's worse than you think. Boomers are tech illiterate to a point of mental retardation.

My boss, who is the controller of a Fortune 500 company, literally does not know how to copy and paste text or attach a file to an email.

It's well known that boomers like the first president Bush or Donald Trump have never even used a computer or a smartphone in their lives.
>>
>>48083

Rarely does anyone on news get things right but anon you are pretty dead on today. Way to go.
>>
>>48042
I'm glad I'm on 8.1 and halted all updates before the one where they suggest to install windows 10 one could be installed.
>>
>>48103
No shit the first bush has been zombie mode old for years now
>>
>>48179

You're a retard.

10 is much better than 8 or 8.1

It goes like

XP >Win 7 > Win 10 > Vista > 8.1 > 8
>>
>>48182
No, it goes like
2003 > XP > 2008r2 > 2008 > 7 > 2012 > 8.1 > 8 > Vista > 2000 > 98se > NT4 > 98 > NT3.5 > 95 > NT3.1 > 3.11 > ME > 3.1 > 3.0 > 386 > 2.0 > 1.0 > 10
>>
>>48079
>Congress take action

You think this rises to the level of Congressional attention? I weep for the republic.

Incidentally, exactly what would this legislation look like? Banning auto updates? Requiring customer consent of every update? You tell me. And then describe to me how it will not affect Chrome or Firefox or your web browser of choice.
>>
>>48193
No it goes like Solaris > Linux > Windows
>>
>>48103
>first president Bush or Donald Trump have never even used a computer or a smartphone in their lives.

Bush. The whole family whose collected emails were hacked and leaked a few years ago? Guy who did it recently got sentenced. And George H. Bush fought in Korea -- not a boomer. Unless they had infant pilots.

Trump. The guy tweets every day, called for a boycotts Apple products because of their refusal to assist FBI, uses a Samsung Galaxy, and is frequently photographer doing it? That guy?

You seem to be confused.

You're probably recalling John McCain, also a pre-boomer, who suffered hit pieces about this back when he was running for predident. Ohh. And Bill Clinton, who once proudly claimed to have only sent two emails his whole life.

Yes. You're confused. Or you won't let a little thing like facts gets in the way of your political posturing.

I suggest shutting the fuck up until you know what you're talking about.
>>
Instead of constantly crying on /g/ about Win10, perhaps now is the time to use a different OS?
>>
>>48197
>solaris
fuck java, it goes like Mac OS X > everything else
and thats the bitter truth

if everybody was running glorious osx the world could actually be a better place
>>
>>48197
The only thing solaris has going for is native zfs. Everything else is easier on GNU+Linux.

>>48212
>proprietary hardware-locked piece of shit
No thanks, free software is where it's at. Give me liberty or give me death.
>>
>>48103
>well known by retards who make shit up
you don't deserve the you's
>>
>>48182
Oh if 10 is so much better why did it ruin my harddrive and force me to send in my laptop for repairs?
>>
>>48042
why the big push to windows 10? feel like someone ego just fuck you like or die.
>>
Lotta /g/ in here today.
Windows 10 is not impossible to block. I blocked it and I'm still running Win7, without the annoying upgrade prompts.
>>
>>48288
by this he meant what?
>>
I don't think there's anything wrong with this legally speaking. There are two things to consider:

1. The law
They have these terms to use, which normally state bullshit like "terms of use can change at any time without prior notice", so basically they can do whatever the fuck they want.

2. User Freedom
If you don't want Windows 10 forced on you, you can literally disable Windows Updates. It's that easy. I have Windows 7 and I haven't gotten Windows updates in like a year or two.
Also, nobody is forcing you to use Windows PRIVATELY. You are free to choose an operating system of your liking: Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mac, BSD, etc.
If you're at work and you have to use Windows, that shouldn't even bother you because it's not your computer.
>>
>>48569
True, unless critical updates are enabled somehow. I still got Win 8.1 because I love the start button, and I'm still skeptical about Windows 10 privacy issues.
>>
>>48362

This may be a /g/ question but where can one aquire a windows 7 ISO now that M$ has made those impossible to obtain even if you legally own a windows 7 OS?

I don't want to pay out the nose for a physical install disc and won't download shit from third parties that almost certainly have malware.
>>
>>48820
Newb
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
Just search for your key.
>>
>>48042
>The Windows 10 upgrade is a choice - designed to help people take advantage of the most secure, and most productive Windows.

Why isn't this shitty article calling out this blatant fucking lie? You can get away with stupid shit like "it's the most productive" because UI preferences are subjective and it's taken for granted that the designers should be delusional about their latest UIs being the best. But calling a deliberately keylogging spyware OS whose constant information-sending practices cannot be turned off (even by options that say they turn them off) "secure" is actually 100% fucking fraudulent to say.

I wish corporations would remember you can be SUED for knowingly telling people objectively wrong things about your product, and that real fucking journalists would remember it too.
>>
>>48817
>start button

It's a simple trick to make a Start Button in Win10. Right-click on the taskbar: add toolbar to your home "Programs" folder: C:/Program Data/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs

voila.
>>
>>48182
Quite like 8.1 personally. Was going to avoid 10 at all cost and was prepared to suffer fro 8.1, but actually was surprised by how much i like it on my laptop.

Don't think i could stand it on a pc though,
>>
>>48116
why is this not in the catalog AND WHY DID YOU MAKE ME LOVE YOU?!
>>
>>48859
Eh, keep in mind they said it was the “most secure... Windows”. What can a consumer buy these days? 8.1, I guess, maybe also 8 and 7. Do you really think those don't have keyloggers in them?
>>
THE BEGINNING OF SKYNET
>>
Windows 10 is used to monitor ALL of your moves and made to see what you browers.
So yeah, it's basically like Skynet, in order to control the population, you must first disarms it's citizens and control hem by computer, camewras and finaly chips implanted into you, so you don't have your own voice, but only srve the top as a slave.

Good luck on being slaves everyone! ^-^
>>
>>48193
Only supported OS' counts...XP is dead and so is everything before it. Get on with your life.
>>
>>48042
What's worse is the inability to delete cortana. Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>48194
>Requiring customer consent of every update?

sounds good. thats how things use to be. everything that updated itself without consent was rightfully considered malware or a virus.
>>
>>48198
Trump tweets? Yeah and so does Clinton. He might dictate what they say but I doubt he even knows what twitter looks like.
>>
>>48103
>first bush
>director of cia
>tech illiterate
>born in the 1920s
>baby boomer

stop using words you don't understand, about people you know nothing about you brain damaged drone.
>>
>>48212
>Mac OS X > everything
Nice bait, you've done well.
>>
>>50249
and nobody cares what you think or 'doubt'. You just made shit up, got proven wrong, and decided that reality was wrong because of your feelings.
>>
>>50256
Don't you assume that I'm the same anon from above you degenerate. Fuck your feelings.
>>
>>50248
Difficult in the age of "agile development" and continuous release, and MS's goal is clearly to turn their OSes into SAAS, but I agree with the sentiment. Try to imagine the shitstorm it would have raised 15 years ago.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.