[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LGBT Rights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1
House GOP defeats LGBT measure, Dems shout 'shame'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR75i0YL5Mw

<http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/19/house-gop-defeats-lgbt-measure-dems-shout-shame.html>
>>
And the constant obsession with people's genitalia continues.
>>
Let's all waste time and energy on literal non-issues
>>
>>45691
I agree people blow it up out of proportion, but there is some weight to it.
Someone who happens to be gay in Arizona could get fired from any job legally just for being gay.
You don't think that is unfair when that same state protects all other people fairly?
>>
>>45682
Equality between men and women? Yes.

Giving special privileges to mentally ill freaks? No.
>>
>>45702

not unless their job is with the government.

you're going to point a gun at MY head and force ME to give a gay person money to do some work???? is that what you think freedom is?
>>
>>45682
what does the amendment do? amendment to constitution?
>>
>>45718

capitalism aint freedom buddy
>>
>>45718

>Freedom is the business's ability to discriminate based on sexuality.
>Freedom is the ability to deny someone the opportunity to work because of my feels.

Promoting the creation of a second tier of workers based on sexuality is your ideal version of freedom? Does basing someone's eligibility for work based on being a minority really sounds like a smart business decision? Regardless of ability, work ethic, experience, and so on the fact that a dude likes to put dicks in his mouth is a justifiable reason not to employe him?

How would you react if you were a citizen in a country that was populated by many people of non-Christian religion and the gov decided that it was ok for the majority group to deny Christians work based on their religion? You'd be in the streets celebrating the freedom of your home country?

Not the anon you are responding to but, if I had to choose between a "free" society where everyone is assured the opportunity to gain employment without worrying about their religion, race, sexuality, etc. or a "free" society that allows the dominate group to penalize others because of race, sex, sexuality, or religion, I'd pick the first. That way, regardless if I was in the dominate group or the minority group, I'd still have a chance.
>>
>>45739
get a job
>>
>muh special laws for muh special group
Fuck off
>>
>>45734
The amendment is intended for a 2017 iteration of the National Defense Authorization Act. The NDAA is a law that specifies the budget and expenditures of the United States Department of Defense.

The current bill has a provision that says religious businesses, associations and institutions receiving federal contracts cannot be discriminated against on the basis of religion. Sen. Maloney's amendment (the one that didn't pass) was intended to prohibit these funds from reaching any business that didn't comply with the executive order.

People are worried that this will allow federally associated business owners to fire LGBT employees on the basis of religion.
>>
>>45753
>Sen. Maloney's amendment (the one that didn't pass) was intended to prohibit these funds from reaching any business that didn't comply with the executive order.
Oh and I forgot to mention, Obama has an Executive Order to protect LGBT employees from discrimination. It's heavily implied from this situation that the provision for religious freedom was SPECIFICALLY made to counteract that.
>>
>>45703
Agreed. Why are we giving these people special privlages? They think they're entitled to everything
>>
>>45751
Special laws for a special group, which receives special discrimination? Seems fair. But I bet you would've said the same thing about the Civil Rights Act.
>>
>>45702
As a Christian business owner, I'm now legally forced to pay someone whom goes against every once of my personal beliefs and opinions, and I can't even fire them.
You don't think that its unfair when that same state forces persons with religious beliefs to support someone who is literally the devil to them? Who are you to tell me what is right or wrong?

Freedom is tricky. If two persons cannot agree on said topics, why should either of them be forced to be in a worker-employer relationship?
>>
>>46149

why not respond to this anon's post? it does a pretty good job of explaining why freedom to work might be a little more important than freedom to discriminate against employees.

also, there are Christians in countries that are not primarily Christian? if these individuals were discriminated against and had a hard time finding work would you celebrate the freedom of said country?

its easy to promote freedom to discriminate, but is this really more important than the freedom to work?

For the most part, what someone does with their own free time shouldn't be the business owners business. I enjoy the fact that I can go to work and return home and not worry about if my boss thinks my religion is the correct one, if using a condom with some random chick at the bar is a sin or not, or if i voted for the right candidate. I don't really care what my boss does when he is at home either.
>>
>>46174
this post
>>45744
>>
>>46174
>>46175
This situation isn't about LGBT discrimination or individual freedoms, it's about the politics of the House.

Regardless, the American workforce is shitty in that employers can easily find ways/excuses to fire you. They just can't put down "sucks a lot of dick" when they do.
>>
>>46179

>politics of the house
if it isn't about discrimination or individual rights, what exactly do you mean?

>easy to find ways to get fired.
I agree, it is easy to get fired in most places and bosses can often make up bullshit reasons for giving someone the boot. Right-To-Work, anti-union laws, and anti-labor sentiment among sections of the population and politicians certainly contributed to the easiness of getting rid of employees.

I'm part of a union and it is the best thing that ever happened to me. My pay is still lower than what it should be, but my health insurance is amazing and I'm not constantly worried that my boss is going to fire me cause we don't vote for the same person. I've seen a few co-workers get fired and when they got fired we all agreed that the worker was a dipshit and was slowing us down or did something seriously wrong.
>>
>>45718
If a dude makes good pizza you shouldn't give a shit whether he likes man asses or woman asses. It's unrelated, and a poor excuse for discrimination. Same if a dude wants pizza, why the fuck shouldn't he get pizza just because muh religious beliefs?
>>
>>46149
You think you're better than Jesus?

As a Christian, this kind of superior attitude is sickening, and the fact that many "devout" Christians don't even want to interact with what society deems as a sin at the time proves they are following an irrational, hive mind thought. Not the Word of Christ.
>>
>>46184
>if it isn't about discrimination or individual rights, what exactly do you mean?
The American workforce has been abused this way for decades. This blowup isn't being used in the name of solving or preventing this, only defending political interests.
>>
>>46318
As a Christian (insert bullshit.wav).
>>
>>46502
I think that was his point. Maybe you should read before posting.
>>
>>46318

As a Christian I am an unreliable fantasist and as such anything I say should be dismissed.
>>
>>46525
>>46502
Did you even read what he said?
>>
>>46149
Yeah just like you're forced to pay someone even if they're religious beliefs are grossly different from yours. And like how if I'm your boss, I can't fire you for your insane christian beliefs.
Find a legitimate reason for termination
>>
>>46125
>>45703
What special permissions? This bill would make it illegal for me to fire you because you're straight, too. Everyone gets the same protections, doesn't mean you'll need them. Be happy you don't
>>
>>45691
HEY!
LOOK OVER THERE
>>
>>45751
Maybe don't fire a guy because he has different preferences than you, and we wouldn't need a special law for a special group.
>>
>>46149
Maybe don't hire them in the fucking first place then? Fuck off you puritan piece of shit.
>>
>>46502
>>46525
I don't understand what you're arguing against in my post.

Jesus interacted with what general Jewish/Roman society deemed as a sin or against morality for the majority of his ministry and time.

You don't gain anything by shaming and judging a person for an action or sin that does not directly harm you. You won't "convert" them, you won't woo them, and you won't gain more favor with God. In fact, it will alienate you from Him even more.

The greatest shame is that the main face many Christians show the world is full of wrath, hate, bigotry, and hypocrisy. And it isn't even the true religion at its core.

>As a Christian
Can you believe I have not set foot into a church (save one funeral and 2 weddings) in 5 years?

Dogma=/=faith
>>
>>46149
Must of be pretty nice to not get fired for believing in Christ. Man this persecution you have to endure... Seems exactly right to fire someone else for liking butts, because fuck that guy.
>>
>>46149
Oh no you are so oppressed ;-;
>>
>>45682
The US courts have upheld that the police do not need to know the laws that they are enforcing. Meaning that if they think you are doing something that is illegal (when you actually aren't) they can still assult and arrest you without any repercussions.

Also any time a cop does something blatantly illegal in the US, like murdering a kid, instead of being arrested and tried in a court they face an indictment instead. An indictment is where a jury determines if an officer did something illegal and if so, is indicted by a jury, the officer then faces charges. During this process no defense is supposed to be presented. However, because the prosecuters are so close with the police here, in nearly every case the prosecuters defend the cops during the indictment process which results in the officers not being penalized.

This has given the police in the US an appearance of being above the law. It is a rarity for any cop to actually be prosecuted for crimes they commit. As such, the public is really starting to hate them openly.
>>
>>45744
I was a business owner for 18 years. During that time I hired dozens of people. And yes, I would not hire a faggot, a weakling or a woman to work for me. It was my company. No one else owned it. And I damn sure wasn't going to allow any perversion among my crews. I would never hire any idiot with gages or face or neck tattoos. No one with a mowhawk or shaved head either. My work was hard work for men. Women could not do it. And I would not allow one to try. Had I not stroked out I would still be running that business.
>>
>>45682
>Jamming bullshit election wedge issues into standard spending bills

I wonder how much longer people will push this tranny shit before everyone's sick of it
>>
>>46667
>>46667
I agree with you, not on the women aspect alot of women can do the work too but I do agree. When my grandfather owned a paintshop which use to push 15 thousand dollars worth of paint out its front door a day. Thats alot of paint and alot of heavy lifting. He wouldn't hire any weaklings or fat fucks which I dont blame him (sometimes chubby guys like me but I am a bull) he hired a couple of women but they just simply couldn't perform. They were making the same wage as the guys lifting all the paint. When he started paying the weight lifters more one of the girls reported him forcing my grandfather to shut down. If you do harder work you deserve more and not like he didn't pay well (18/hour + full benefits for loading and unloading a truck plus if you were a clerk 14/hour but you were expected to help make paint stands) He shut down because some women was unhappy that she was making less for doing less. He never hired any people with tats expect one guy but that was because his girlfriend died and that was a small heart (about 1 inch wide/long with her name in it). and I know he wouldn't hire no trannie lol
>>
>>46667
>stroked out
Don't lie. If you were as passionate as your online persons suggests and your business was so successful, what happened?
>no shaved head
Come on, you insecure prick. My mother and my uncle had a shaved head for 14 months because of cancer. Do people with shaved heads perform less?
>>46672
Yep, men are better at some jobs, women other. That woman was a cunt. There is a reason women aren't in the physical part of constriction, they aren't strong enough. That is that.

Like women make better doctors for patients, but not for the hospital. As in they get the patient the tests and treatment they need, but it takes more time to actually talk to a person rather than shove them through for $$$ (I've had my share of American corporate hospitals, it's nuts).

Maybe it is American masculine society. All of the good doctors I worked with that patients loved were either women or foreign raised/educated male doctors. American male doctors and foreign female doctors most of the time didn't want to interact with anyone, even nurses. The first group of people would actually sit down and talk with the patients and families, and actually really use their brain to narrow down the diagnosis tests and affordability.

Those were the doctors who got thank you notes and blessings from families (even if the patient died), and got the most assistance without gripe from nurses.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/10390317/Women-make-better-doctors-than-men-researchers-claim.html
>>
>>46679
His business was probably shut down. You cannot hire based on hair. You can only tell people with long hair to pull it back for sanitary reasons in the food or health or lab industry
http://www.employmentlawfirms.com/resources/employment/discrimination/illegal-workplace-policy.htm
>>
>>46679
I've had 7 strokes. I can barely function. It was a huge day when I learned to sign my name again. If it weren't for cell phones I wouldn't even be able to.use the internet. If I could work I would. I don't want my wife to support me any more than she wants to. I could easily earn twice what she makes before the strokes. Now no one would pay me to work. I had 5 strokes last year. I am a liability. Couldn't keep up with my work or remember who I had talked to. It was hard enough knowing what day it was.
>>
>>46668
Everyone was sick of it a long time ago.
>>
>>46679
I can believe that you are a woman, no man would be stupid enough to take his shaved head comment and spin it into a personal comment about cancer.

That is woman to the core.
>>
>>45691
>Much atom bombs Japan apologist!
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20131002194704/http://www.psy.fsu.edu/~baumeistertice/goodaboutmen.htm

thoughts
>>
>>46928
Pick your sources carefully, especially ones that use data correlation and do not link to other studies that replicate results.
>>
>>45702
Your job is a celebration of a private contract between you, the employee, and the employer. The employer can fire you for any reason. It's called freedom of association.
>>
>>46923
huh
>>
>>46628
You need faith to believe in dogma
>>
Regardless, it continues to seem as if gays are dying off left and right. As they should. The Levanese are doing okay and it should stay that way.
>>
>>47910
Wew, watch that edge there bud
>>
>>46966
People shouldn't be fired because they're gay, black, or whatever. If someone is fired, it should be because they're a shitty person/worker
>>
>>46966
People shouldn't be fired because they're gay, black, or whatever. If someone is fired, it should be because they're a shitty person/worker
>>
I posted this in another thread, but here

I doubt bathrooms are so secluded that no one notice molestation going on, and if they were; it wouldn't matter if the person was trans or not. If a cis, straight pedophile sees a bathroom he feels is secluded enough to go to the girl's room to find some innocent girls to prey on, what the fuck is going to stop him? Sure as fuck not the sign on the door saying "women".

As for highschool bathrooms, this shit is getting blown way the fuck out of proportion. I highly doubt any kid in the right fucking mind would dress like a girl and pretend to be trans to see some girls pee.

That being said, I think it's pretty easy to tell that I don't think this should be a matter of protecting kids' innocence, and acting like they're going to be raped if trans people are allowed to piss where they want. It is very clearly a matter of how our society should treat people with mental illness. On the right, we have people calling trans people fags and equating them to pedophiles. On the left, people act like having a mental illness is something to be ashamed of to the point of being triggered if the matter is addressed as it should be.
>>
>>45682
This is literally nothing but religious bigots forcing their beliefs on others. They constantly whine about persecution
>>
>>47920
"..in their right f'n mind"
I'm thinking you missed all the news stories about the hundreds of "out of their f'n mind" guys taking pics of people urinating. Don't get out much, huh? Guys who rape/assault are everywhere. As long as peple don't assault/rape/traumatize, they can be anything or anyone. People can believe they're dogs and crawl on their hands and knees through the bird and dog crap: as long as they don't lick/assault/rape me with their filthy, diseased, just-licked-shit-off-its-crotch mouth. Question: And how should we feel about being mentally ill? Nothing? Honorable. Oh, for you, let me guess: Pride. The good old sin of pride somehow becomes honorable. Like the "cool" guys who are so mentally confused themselves that they say "bad" to indicate "good." You ever try to learn from someone who is so emotionally screwed up that they can't distinguish "good" and "bad"?
>>
>>47920
>It should be legal because molestors will do it anyway
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYu6qhd88_M

>>
>>49294
>I'm thinking you missed all the news stories about the hundreds of "out of their f'n mind" guys taking pics of people urinating.

Wow those segregated bathrooms are really helping to stop that then, aren't they?

And I won't even bother mentioning the rest of your post because that shit is just incoherent babble. You're so fucking angry about something you've become indecipherable.

>>49296
No, they're saying you can't use Molesters as an argument against it because they still do it anyway.

You say it should be illegal because it stops molesters. But it doesn't stop molesters. So your argument is false. It's built on an incorrect statement. Come up with a new reason to be against it, or just admit that you're against it because you've been told to be, and have no arguments of your own.
>>
Good

I hate fags
>>
>>45682
It is shameful indeed. We should jail bigots for hate speech and discrimination.
>>
Jidf im white.
I rape the entire spectrum therefore
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.