[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Up To 200 Lions Could Be Culled In Zimbabwe Due To The Cecil Effect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1463565932039.jpg (64 KB, 570x341) Image search: [Google]
1463565932039.jpg
64 KB, 570x341
http://www.worldanimalnews.com/content.php?content_ID=659

BREAKING NEWSUPCOMING EVENTSHOW YOU CAN HELPCONTRIBUTE

Up To 200 Lions Could Be Culled In Zimbabwe Due To The Cecil Effect
Posted: Saturday, March 5th 2016 | By: Ginn Andrews

One of Zimbabwe’s largest wildlife reserves, the Bubye Valley Conservancy, recently announced that they must reduce their number of lions, currently at 500, by at least 200.

This “issue” is being called “The Cecil Effect” by some, as the overpopulation is being attributed to the fact that trophy hunters are afraid to hunt after the uproar over Cecil the lion’s death at the hands of American dentist Walter Palmer
>>
>>45212
Ignore the breaking news part, I don't know how that got copied
>>
>HOW YOU CAN HELP CONTRIBUTE
Is this you telling me to go to Zimbabwe and shoot some lions, OP?
>>
>>45212
Top Kek this is why SJWs need to learn to mind their own business. Hunting is required whether they accept it or not.
>>
>>45218
They latched on to hunting too? Lol
>>
The sad part is that they lose money culling the animals, money they would have easily made back 10 times over had trophy hunters paid them for the privilege, meaning the parks can afford less conversation overall.

Way to go tree huggers.
>>
If they aren't careful the lions in the reserve will go the way of the cheetah, and one disease wiping out a good portion of the population could leave the rest significantly inbred.

Due to society development, the lions territory is limited. Therefore, male lions are killed by a dominant few in the are and the genetic options are slim, then father lions start breeding with their daughters and lower the gene pool variety.

Yet these SJW want to conserve every single tiny tribe and developing society in Africa. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>45275

People who hunt endangered lions are niggers and communists in white people clothing.
>>
>>45212
>True conservationists know that human hunters are not needed to cull or regulate the numbers of animals.
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>45293
What it means is that they don't understand the concept of an apex predator.

Lions have no natural predators in their habitat, except for humans. So, take away the hunters and there's nothing outside of disease and natural disasters to keep the lion population in check.

I'm not a fan of trophy hunting, but you can't create a preserve habitat that is ultra-beneficial to the continued survival of an ever increasing number of lions without having some way to control the population. Since nothing in the habitat predates upon the lion, hunting is the only solution, whether trophy hunting (which brings beneficial and much needed income to the preserve) or culling.

It's too bad that Cecil got killed. I'm sure it was cool to have a mascot lion to "oooh" and "aaaaah" over, but now ~200 more are going to be put down anyway, so I don't see what all the SJWing accomplished.

As someone else succinctly stated, the SJWs should learn to mind their own business.
>>
>>45293
Quite literally the most bullshit statement I've read on 4chan today.

And I've been on for like 4 hours cause wasting time at work.
>>
>>45275
If they were all wiped out by one disease, they were already too inbred for their own good.
>>
>>45212
Each one of those hunters is a greater conservationist than any of the blubbering vaginas getting triggered by them.
>>
>>45317

This.

You'll find more love of nature in a hunter than in San Francisco liberal, if not only for the fact that the hunter actually helps the environment.

This is what scares them.
>>
End this ride
>>
>>45212
The solution is to cull every person in that subhuman shithole and turn Zimbabwe into a massive reserve managed by the few whites left.
>>
>>45212

You know the director of the Bubye Valley Conservancy doesn't even believe that right?

>“In my opinion, the ‘Cecil Effect’ doesn’t even exist,” he said. “Hunters are not coming because there is a massive recession [in the U.S.].”
>>
>>45821
Yeah, he's covering his ass since it was a Zimbabwean guide that led Palmer around the preserve and pointed Cecil out as a target of opportunity. It's not like Palmer woke up one morning and said, "Hey, I think I'll go to Africa and secure my place in history as a heartless pariah by killing one of the most beloved lions on the continent."

Recession. Sure, that's it. It's not incompetent government officials in (of all places) Zimbabwe...nooooo...it's a recession guys.
>>
>>45212
who cares? why do we need lions for? all dangerous animals should be genocide to extinction.
>>
>>45827
Without predators, the prey species will explode and wipe out an ecosystem.
>>
>>45829
>Without predators, the prey species will explode and wipe out an ecosystem.

kill them as well.

all we need is farms with chicken, beef and fish animals. we need no pigeons, or spiders or other terrible things. erase them all.
>>
>>45830
We don't need you either.
>>
>>45832
fuck you spider or roach. you cant trick me again
>>
>>45830
But pigeons are domesticated.
>>
>>45315
>what is an epidemic
>what is black plague
>>
I feel like this wouldn't be a problem if it was not in Zimbabwe. They probably can't afford to house all of them, rather than any she interference.
>>
>>45271
Hunting should be what it used to be. One on one, kill it with a jack knife. That's what trophy hunting should be. Not this cowardly, shooting from 500 meters away without the thing even knowing you're there.
>>
>>45850
Nah
>>
>>45850

Drive around looking for "prey," shoot while its a speck on the horizon, high fives all around for having to sit in a car with no air conditioning for a couple hours and living through this horrible ordeal.

I wont say you have to go in with a knife only but hell make a worth while story at the least. If I see a lion on your wall hearing about the kill should be something i want to do.
>>
The problem isn't environmentalists, it's Zimbabwe's withering tourism industry. Their government is too busy antagonizing minorities and foreigners and burning witches to attract real conservationists. That Walter Palmer guy is a dick for shooting a beloved research animal, but he's been turned into a scapegoat that far exceeds his wrongdoings.
>>
>>45212
>negroids in charge of fauna
There are 500 lions in Zimbabwe driven to extinction by poachers
And over 1 billion niggers fed by europeans,whites and japanese

Who is overpopulating whom?
>>
>>45850
>make an animal suffer more
Careful with all that edge faggot.
>>
>>45850
>>46691

Yeah and I want women to be chaste, men honorable and tree-huggers to think beyond their own selfish feelings too but we can't always have what we want
>>
>>45277
>endangered
Lions are considered "vulnerable" not endangered.
>>
Why can't they move the excess lions to other regions they historically inhabited?
>>
>>46754
Humans inhabit those regions and who will pay for that? Conservationist?

They only care about animals being killed by humans, animals and humans dying aren't their concern
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.