[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dutch euthanize rape victim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1
File: 2-suicide-booth.jpg (61 KB, 720x538) Image search: [Google]
2-suicide-booth.jpg
61 KB, 720x538
The woman, in her twenties, was given a lethal injection after doctors and psychiatrists decided that her post-traumatic stress disorder and other conditions were incurable.

As a result of her abuse, she suffered from post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD), severe anorexia, chronic depression and hallucinations, MailOnline reports.

It went ahead despite improvements in the woman's psychological condition after 'intensive therapy' two years ago, and even though doctors in the Netherlands accept that a demand for death from a psychiatric patient may be no more than a cry for help.

The woman, who has not been named, began to suffer from mental disorders 15 years ago following sexual abuse, according to the papers released by the Dutch Euthanasia Commission. The timescale means she was abused between the ages of five and 15.

The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sex-abuse-victim-in-her-20s-allowed-by-dutch-doctors-to-undergo-euthanasia-due-to-severe-ptsd-a7023666.html
>>
Personal opinion but the second your life dips below a threshold where you no longer deem it worth living then you should be allowed euthanasia.

Also I'm sure she suffered something far more severe. I doubt you'd "hallucinate" because of sexual abuse.
>>
Nikki Kenward, from disability rights group Distant Voices, said: "It is both horrifying and worrying that mental health professionals could regard euthanasia in any form as an answer to the complex and deep wounds that result from sexual abuse."
>>
>>44040
It removes the trauma of us having to listen to the whining.
>>
I'm not on board with legalising euthanasia, the potential abuse of any system built around it has such tragic consequences
>>
>>44004
>The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking".

How? The entire reason is that she's so depressed and psychologically damaged that she thinks suicide is her only option. How can there be nothing that is affecting her thinking when thinking is literally the only thing wrong?
>>
i have a question besides the topic.

why do they need a "Euthanasia KIT"?
why mixing pharmaceutica instead of a god old "golden heroin shot" (overdose)?
its both, deadly and enjoyable at the same time.
do they fear regards when the H kicks in?
>>
>>44092
I've heard that a Heroin OD is messy because of the relaxation of muscles, causes the lungs to fill up with blood from the pulmonary action.
>>
>>44092
Because when clinics get raided, they don't want to get permanently shut down for drugs charges
>>
the sjw are gonna be all over this
>>
>>44040

Yeah! Let those people suffer! Fuck them, their memories, and their thoughts. They don't bother us, so just don't fucking think about it. Am I right?

If this kid choses to die like this, let her. If she jumps infront of a train or bus, you've got another mental patient. Like this, the line ends here.
>>
>>44042
>>44144
no its wrong, they are too insane to know whether they need to be killed or not
>>
>>44004
>The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking".
Seems dubious considering the circumstances.
>>
>>44092
Because a barbiturate injection is more effective.
>>
>>44025
>I doubt you'd "hallucinate" because of sexual abuse.
It's very common actually, especially if someone they trusted was involved. Your brain's regulatory system and sense of judgment and impetration of the world is based, first and foremost, on your relationships with the adults who had authority over you in childhood, and that's true at every level. If one of those folks rapes you, or worse, coheres you into "consensual" sex, it can mess up your ability to discern reality from fiction, the waking world from dreams, and even yourself from others.

>Personal opinion but the second your life dips below a threshold where you no longer deem it worth living then you should be allowed euthanasia.
Problem is, most of the time, that's temporary. Otherwise every teenager would be subject to euthanasia.

That might not have been the case here. Most of the sexual abuse survivors I work with are in their 30's now, and I think a lot of them would be better off dead, though we only deal with the most acute cases. Still, that should be strictly a personal choice and responsibility - the state shouldn't be assisting anyone in suicides unless they are terminally ill.
>>
>>44004

That's fucking sick.
>>
>>44004
>chronic depression

>she had no major depression.

What the fuck?
>>
>>44144
This. As long as power of attorney isn't involved, and the person in question chooses it, let them.
Things just get worse if they have to off themselves using other means, especially if they fail.
>>
>>44040
I can understand it being horrifying if it were forced but in this case she asked for it.
>>
>>44267
So does every teen ever at one point or another.

It's horrible she got raped but suicide is a permanent measure, and pretty drastic when it cuts possibly 80 years off your life. I mean terminally ill is one thing, because it's not like they're going to come up with a miracle cure in a few months, but in 10 years we may be able to sunshine of the spotless mind people or something.

It's just sad, the older I get the more I hate to see young life wasted.
>>
>>44229
> the state shouldn't be assisting anyone in suicides.

This

It's personal
>>
>>44275
This...

What the fuck, how the fuck can the state determine your right to live outside of capital punishment crimes (Transparency note: I am extremely anti-capital punishment because the state cannot prove it executes only 100% guilty individuals).
>>
>>44232
she had no major depression affecting her thinking, does not mean that she didnt have one.
>>
>>44277
>the state determine your right to live
Well, no, that's not what's going on here.

She determined her right to live, and *asked* for the euthanasia.

Which is better than the other way you get the state to kill you - ie. "suicide by cop" I suppose, but I suspect she wasn't a good candidate for that.

Just saying a state that provides medical care shouldn't provide this service unless you are terminally ill and cannot do it for yourself. (And even then, the confirmation red tape should be a mile long.)

And to have a psychiatric institution do it, to a young woman, no less, is particularly atrocious. Being suicidal is the very definition of insanity, even when it is something you are inescapably driven to.

> (Transparency note: I am extremely anti-capital punishment because the state cannot prove it executes only 100% guilty individuals).
Kinda unrelated, but, here in the US, we've already proven that 8%-22% of the individuals we executed in the 80's were innocent individuals, depending on the state, due to post trial DNA testing done by a DOJ study. It's probably much wider margin than that, as that only includes cases where potentially exonerating DNA was available.

But again, the state didn't make the decision here, she did. Not that it isn't a slippery slope. Afterall, once you're dead, it's all paper work.
>>
if you need someone to help you kill yourself then you obviously don't actually want to kill yourself. if you really wanted to be dead you could just jump off the roof or drown yourself in a sink.
>>
>>44294
Well, barring physical incapacity, which is often the case with the terminally ill.

Obviously not the problem here though - but that's who we're usually talking about in these euthanasia topics.
>>
>>44051
Truth. A "Euthanasia Commission" is just asking for horrific abuse of power.
>>
>>44229
>Otherwise every teenager would be subject to euthanasia.

Shut it amerifag, i didn't have suicidal tendencies, and if you actually think every teen wants to die, maybe you're the one who needs to an hero faggot.
>>
Isnt suicide illegal in some murrican states?
>>
>>44162
If they are too insane to decide for their well being they are too insane to live.
>>
>>44363
It's illegal in the Netherlands too.

Euthanasia isn't exactly suicide.
If you try to commit suicide and you get caught/whatever you will get locked up
>>
>>44369
>isn't exactly suicide
Legally*
>>
What's wrong with youths in Asia?
>>
>>44369
You wont get locked up in the US for it
>>
>>44377
You will get committed to a mental health facility, against your will if necessary.
>>
>>44380
yes but you wouldn't be convicted of a crime
>>
>>44162
Who are you to decide for her.
>>
>>4408
depressions are ot something fuzzy, they are specific chemical or whatever processes in your mind. if they say she didnt have depression you cant argue "b...but she was sad!"
>>
>>44444
checked
>>
>>44004

Huh? PTSD is, by DSM definition, a mood disorder.

This is some Orwellian bullshit right here. The state now gets to decide that it's ok to assist those it deems mentally incompetent with suicide instead of offering treatment.

The most egregious end result of apathy.
>>
>>44040
the irony:
1. let people from other cultures, which could not possibly co-exist with yours, into your country, resulting in a marked rise in crime
2. your people suffer grievously, drawing a divide in the native citizens.
3. leftist and prog(read as re)gressive government shuts out all reports of abuse
4. Nikki Kenward said: "It is both horrifying and worrying that ... (insert self-deprecating, self-hating, hippie love, sjw type ruling elites) could regard euthanasia in any form as an answer to the complex and deep wounds that result from ... (insert racist topic here)."
>>
>>44369
>If you try to commit suicide and you get caught/whatever you will get locked up
This simply isn't true
>>
>>44923
It is in the US. You won't be jailed, but you WILL be confined against your will indefinitely.
>>
>>44289
>
Just saying a state that provides medical care shouldn't provide this service unless you are terminally ill and cannot do it for yourself. (And even then, the confirmation red tape should be a mile long.)

That is exactly how the situation in the Netherlands is at this moment. Your application for eutanasia takes weeks, if not months. It is reviewed by several doctors of the fields relevant to your afflictions, your interviewed about your motivations and need to confirm several times that this is really what you want.
By the time people get the injection, the documents about their case number in the hundreds.
>>
>>44923
In California and Florida they have the 5150, 5250, 5350 and Baker Act.
In Michigan, they don't even require a medical reason if you're put in care as a minor.

I wasn't suicidal but was institutionalized twice; once for 10 days and other for 12 hours.
The second time was because I complained about the first time.
They tried it a third time but my housemates wen't going to stand for it.

Before that I was traded around in a referral network between social services and a outpatient psychiatric clinics; told if I didn't fake illnesses that I would be locked up for life.
Psychiatry and social services are big money in the States.
My one stint for 10 days?
$36,000... and I recieved no therapy, no privacy, had no rights, etc... and they lied about my past all over the record and straight threatened me to keep my mouth shut.

I'm not anti-psychiatry, I'm just for reform.
The system is corrupt in regards to the Foster Care system, the School system, the Police/Judicial system, the Social Service system and Psychiatric/Therapy system.

It's a billion dollar system AND you get to illicit control over people, and there is no proof required at all.
>>
>>44004
It's entirely correct for people to have ownership over themselves, and to be allowed to die if they so desire. It is not the remit of any third party to pass judgement on their will.
>>
>>44025
>the second
That's pretty fucking rash. Have you ever dipped below that threshold? Because you rarely stay there. Plenty of people move past legitimate suicide attempts and go on to lead good lives, horrified that they almost ended it.

Some people are probably fucked for life, and euthanasia might be a good thing to allow them to go out with some dignity and leave the least amount of trauma for their surviving loved ones, but it shouldn't be passed out like candy.
>>
>>47045

Why would anyone who's not terminally ill and/or physically capable even bother? If they really wanted to die so bad, people have been finding ways to kill themselves for millenia, why fuck around? I'd rather kill myself than go through all that bureaucratic crap.
>>
>>44004
>she suffered from post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD), severe anorexia, chronic depression and hallucinations

>The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking"

I feel like I'm being tricked
>>
This is nothing. There was a case a while back where a woman was seeing a psychiatrist, got manipulated and sexually abused by him, then got Ok'd by another psychiatrist for euthanasia as a result of what the first psychiatrist did to her.
The self-killing rape victim, the body disposes of itself! Order within the next 10 minutes and you get a second one absolutely free!
>>
>>44229
>>44275
>>44277
>>44289
>>44828
The state wasn't involved. The decision is made by private sector medical personnel. No judges, politicians, or any other public servant has a say in it. Medical files are considered confidential so they can't even access it (except for the NSA of course).
>>
>>44109
you litterally nod out stop breathing all while your brain is flooded with opiates telling you this is the best thing ever.

Heroin OD's are probably the best way to go.
>>
>>48781
I've lived past my suicide attempts and I'm not horrified that I tried. Granted, only one of the three could have killed me, I don't find myself disgusted by the fact I tried to kill myself. I don't see how one would, but I can completely understand how someone, who hasn't ever, finds the idea repugnant. Then again the suffering for those people might have only been temporary or for a short period.
>>
>>49087

Sorry, I thought I merely said 'plenty' of people are like that, and went on to explicitly acknowledge that that's not always the case. But apparently I accidentally said 'literally every single person in the entire world ever, no exceptions, prove me wrong.' My bad.
>>
>>44899
cricketsound.wav
>>
A person has the right to end their own life. I don't see anybody questioning the right to create one.

So what if the unhappiness is temporary? You aren't depriving yourself of a 'future state' by ending your life. I don't see what there is to mourn. Existence should be mourned. Suicide should be applauded.
>>
>>44560
He's someone who doesn't want her to die. That is to say, a human being with a modicum of empathy.

This is literally, "I feel bad, I want to die," and instead of helping her handle the trauma the doctors tied the noose and helped her up onto the chair.
>>
>>44283
???

"She was majorly depressed and wanted to die, but that major depression wasn't affecting her thinking."
>>
>>49407
Read the third paragraph of OP
>>
>>49363
He's not wrong though.
>>
>>49392

Don't slit your wrist on that edge, friend.
>>
Does this mean the charges against the offender could be changed to murder or manslaughter/dutch equivalent?

I know sentencing in tbose countries is hyper rehabilitation over punishment. But, the charge is more interesting to me.
>>
>>44025
See Borderline Personality Disorder and psychotic depression. You can most certainly hallucinate due to trauma.
>>
>>49149
I think you might be reading to far into my response. I did not mean to offend/trigger you in any way with my anecdote.
>>
I checked the story and made some improvements...

The woman, in her twenties, was given a lethal injection 2 YEARS after SHE, her doctors and psychiatrists decided that her post-traumatic stress disorder and other conditions were incurable.

As a result of her abuse, she suffered from post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD), severe anorexia, chronic depression and hallucinations, MailOnline reports. ALSO WERE SEVERAL OF HER BODILY FUNCTIONS FAILING.

It went ahead despite TEMPORARILY improvements in the woman's psychological condition after 'intensive therapy' two years ago, and even though doctors in the Netherlands accept that a demand for death from a psychiatric patient may be no more than a cry for help. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS COMES FROM, BUT I'M ASSUMING U HAVE GOOD SOURCES.

The woman, who has not been named, began to suffer from mental disorders 15 years ago following sexual abuse, according to the papers released by the Dutch Euthanasia Commission. The timescale means she was abused between the ages of five and 15.

The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking". I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS COMES FROM, BUT I'M ASSUMING U HAVE GOOD SOURCES.
>>
>>44004
Probably blowing the whistle on the EU, and they just killed her to keep her quiet.
>>
>>49496
I really doubt there are grounds for that. She took her own life.
>>
>>50034
[THIS POST HAS BEEN REMOVED IN ACCORDANCE WITH EU LAW]
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.