[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Equations are terrorism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 1
File: P3-3-2.jpg (84 KB, 630x782) Image search: [Google]
P3-3-2.jpg
84 KB, 630x782
Woman reports Italian man as terrorist because he was "writing in a funny language". The language? Math.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/07/professors-airplane-math-leads-flight-delay/84084914/
>>
>>43205
Maybe he should go back to Mathakistan if he wants to write in his made up terroist language.
U S A
U S A
U SA
>>
>>43205
Never heard of it. Is it anything like maths?
>>
>>43230
Yes the American version, so lots of questions about Burgers.
>>
>>43205
Just wait until Trump becomes president then it'll get worse.
>>
>>43238
Trump's a pretty smart guy.
Just because you don't like him and tons of his supporters are dumb, doesn't mean he is.
Tons of Hillary's, Bernie's, Cruz's, Etc. are dumb, too.
The average person is an idiot.
>>
>>43239
>The average person is an idiot.

Wouldn't that make them below average?
>>
>>43240
By that, I mean that the average person is an idiot when it comes to politics.
Honestly, so am I.
>>
>>43238
What? Mexicans speak mathanese?
>>
>>43220
We are going to need to build a wall
>>
“If you see something, say something.”
>>
They should make her pay for the expenses caused by the delay. It would be understandable if she had had a real reason for the suspicions, but "writing in a funny language" is not one even if the man HAD been writing in arabic.
>>
>>43238
Bernouts pls go
>>
it was a typical white blonde bimbo that filed a complaint against guido. This man of color is an ivy league prof...but he still get no respect
>>
>>43280
Bitch wanted the BBC...but nigga was like: leave me to my maths!! ..so she ratted the guido out ...kek
>>
>>43205
>math
You don't say "I'm studying mathematic," so why would you say "I'm studying math." God damn
>>
Is this going to be another Clock Boy?
>>
>>43282
Because I'm American and we study math. Math is not short for mathematic, it's short for mathematics, so maths is mathematicses.

Or do you also study physicses and engineerings in your STEMs?
>>
>>43239
>Trump smart
True, genius in manipulating the media and his followers.
>Everything he says hypocritical and dumb
Yes
>>
Who's a bigger idiot? The woman who freaked out over a man doing math, or the authorities who delayed a flight for two hours because of it?
>>
>>43322
well the woman is ignorant scum and the authority incompetent fucks. They are two different kinds of idiocy.
>>
Was she thinking he was calculating world domination or something?
>>
>>43324
well at least we can be fairly certain that she feels like a complete retard now that it's on the news. there's something really great about when stupid people realize just how stupid they are.
>>
>Menzio said there were other factors that may have led to a misunderstanding. The blond-haired 30-something woman asked if Syracuse was home for him, and he answered curtly. He avoided other questions. He seemed, according to the Post, "perhaps too laser-focused" on his notepad.

Fucking extroverts man. You're not chatty Cathy? Probably a terrorist.
>>
ah

stupidity.
>>
>>43329
normies think that the quiet ones are scary. it all comes down to fear. fear is the mind killer. it's the reason normies are so normal.
>>
Most Americans never even learn calculus

Pretty much their only source on math is Oprah and Dr. Phil
>>
>>43339
>Most Americans never even learn calculus
you can as well say "most people", it's not only an american thing
>>
>>43322
If a passenger reports something suspicious..it has to be investigated. guido even states that the pilot seemed embarrassed. This woman needs to be outed & publicly shamed for being a stupid racist
>>
>>43351
>If a passenger reports something suspicious..it has to be investigated.

Yes, but when the nature of the "report of suspicious behavior" is that a passenger is writing in a foreign 'language' the investigation should consist of the pilot or security agent or whoever walking over, seeing that the guy is doing his math homework, telling the woman to stop being such a dumb bint, and taking off. Not deplaning the guy and interrogating him for hours.
>>
>>43366
It must be part of the protocol to deplane the passenger. You sound like another stupid ameritard...like this bitch lel
>>
>>43368
No shit it's the protocol dumbass. I'm criticizing the protocol for not allowing the exercise of common sense to avoid situations like this.
>>
>>43370
you fat dumb nigger american LOL
>>
>>43370
You dumb cunt deplaning a suspected terrorist is just common sense. The stupidity lies with this dumb tard american who cant even recognize an equation
>>
>>43370
Uh, even if the threat wasn't real and it turned out to be frivolous, I'd like it to be investigated.

Consider what if the authorities brush it off and it turns out there was a real threat but didn't investigate because the person didn't articulate it well?
>>
>>43373
>a suspected terrorist

Are you for fucking real? This dumb bitch freaked out because she thought the guy was writing in a foreign language. He was doing math. Are either of these things (writing in a language or doing math) reasonably suspicious as to indicate possible terrorist activity? No, they fucking aren't, and the authorities should have the discretion to assess this and avoid a fucking circus every time Joe or Jane Retard gets scared because the guy next to them fails the brown paper bag test.

For fuck's sake, when did people become such cowards?
>>
>>43377
You're right, but most of /news/ only comes here to huehue at Americans. So expect more shitflinging from retards.
>>
>>43238
By that logic people should have gotten smarter when obama became president. Schools are more left wing than ever, and look how thats turning out. Do you think its making people smarter?
>>
>>43378
WHAT? you dicks! fine i'm gonna go to /int/ and shitpost now.
>>
>>43339
>Oprah and Dr. Phil
>Americans only source of math
It's like you're not even trying to be clever
>>
>>43368
If this is the case, i would assume that they are taking the "better safe than sorry" approach. Their protocol is designed, im assuming, on the basis that its better to waste an innocent man's time than to end up ignoring a guilty man because they didnt want to offend anyone.
>>43366
I think youre right, however. I wasnt there, so there may be more to the story than is presented, but i feel that this incident was probably avoidable. In the end, though, he got things sorted out, and everything turned out all right.

Tl;dr probably could've been handled better, but no real harm done.
>>
>>43309
>Americans in charge of being special snowflakes again
No, the entire rest of the English speaking world calls it maths, and the place from where your take the name calls it maths

It's not that we are adding an s as you suggest, but that for some reason, you take the s off. You saw no reason to change the name of physics to physic, do why on earth would you try to change the name of maths to math?

This is hardly a phenomenon unique to America but you sure do it better than anyone else
>>
>>43392
Just to piss you off.

How Do You Speak American? Mostly, Just Make Up Words

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/how-do-you-speak-american-mostly-just-make-up-words
>>
>>43385
he means that terror paranoia and prejudice is going to get worse, not the average mathematics knowledge of American people.
>>
>>43396
Kek
>>
>>43392
The difference is when we do it, we do it right. America has done so much for mathematics as a field we should be able to call it whatever we want.
>>
>>43401
Lel
>>
>>43401
You know, this attitude, and it isn't you joking around, you all share this attitude, is why yu are so hated around the world.

I have no horse in this race, Americans are just shitty people.
>>
What about the Australian flight that got delayed because some smartass named his hotspot “Mobile Detonation Device" ?
>>
>>43282
Because Americans are morons.
>>
>>43351
>racist

There's that buzzword.
>>
>>43377
Anyone who writes down the text from the isis flag while on a flight is damn right grounds for suspicion of terrorist activity.
>>
>>43396
It would probably piss him off more if you told us what it said.

Only a complete retard would click on a strange URL posted to 4chan.
>>
>>43542
Here I pasted the text to this website so you don't need to worry now. Enjoy!
How Do You Speak American? Mostly, Just Make Up Words
http://pastebin.com/Au9HsN4P
>>
>>43540
That blonde bimbo was racially profiling poor guido
>>
>>43267

he also replied curtly to her questions, which of course is suspicious.
>>
>>43366

No, even police have to respond t o 911 calls when they're pranks
>>
>>43529
Shitty or not, we are, objectively, the best country in the world.
Look at what we've contributed to just about every scientific field.
Look at our military.
Are you jealous?
Don't worry. Someday it'll all just be The United States of Earth.
>>
>>43397

that can be mitigated with education, not "we're all equal" education but education in general, this whole thing could've been avoided if the women wasn't a retard, more so than if she was racial profiling.
>>
>>43588
a lot of those scientific contributions are from immigrants like guido...whereas most american borns are retards like this bimbo...kek
>>
>>43590
t. Faggot Brit that can barely speak his own Goddamn language.
>>
>>43591
typical dumb ameritard
>>
>>43328

Yes, definitly funny. Unless they're in a Position of power
>>
>>43552
So Americans just invented a load of stupid names up to be special snowflakes? Well anyone could have told you that.
>>
>>43588
And yet those "achievements" pale to that of ours.

You colonials crack me up.
>>
>>43529
>you all share this attitude
>he cstuslly believes this and then has to gall to call other people stupid
Ignorant third worlder
>>
>>43640
Guess again, fuck head.
>>
>>43631
>achievements
>poorer than Mississippi
Nigel, pls. Stop resting on your laurels. It's just sad at this point.
>>
>>43660
Riley?
>>
>>43240
People in the bottom 3/4ths seem pretty dumb to me
>>
>>43396
God damn it feels good to be American
>>
>>43238
This makes zero sense. Its almost like you just wanted to sound smart and inserted Trump into the statement. What is going to get worse? Education? And how exactly is it Trumps fault.

You should honestly consider suicide.
>>
>>43321
>everything he says is hypocritical
Hypocritical doesn't mean opinions you don't like retard.
>>
>>43205
Our youth is brain dead
>>
>>43205
Stupidity of the bimbo and protocol under fear-pandering policies aside, assume for a moment that it was indeed arabic--so what? Since when writing in a foreign language a crime, or being 'curt' towards a passanger a sign for terrorism? This kind of fear-driven mentality is what sinks societies into darkness.

>>43692
Not at all. Most of trump act has been nothing but fear-pandering to foreigners, immigrants etc at a mainstream level which encourages and seemingly legitimizes such idiocy. If trump doesn't get dumped, the gut-driven, 'red blooded' goons he's collected--like that bimbo-- are only gonna embolden and get worse.

>>43388
Indeed. He should've said the only math they get is from the prices in their McDonald's menu and their soda machines.
>>
>>43720
>gut-driven, 'red blooded' goons
But you're so very different, right? As evinced by your comments, certainly not.
Most decisions are made by emotion, not logic, and then later rationalized.
This is universal--the very process of deciding is an emotional one. You imagine that you're any different only to your own detriment.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.