[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Number of children in Japan declines for 35th straight year to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 0
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/05/04/national/social-issues/number-of-children-in-japan-declines-for-35th-straight-year-to-hit-record-low/#.Vynx7bdAtYg

>Manifesting a seemingly unstoppable decline in births, the number of children aged 14 or under fell for the 35th straight year to a record-low 16.05 million as of April 1, government estimates showed Wednesday.

>The number was down 150,000 from a year earlier to the lowest level since comparable data became available in 1950. By gender, there are now 8.22 million boys and 7.82 million girls aged 14 or under.
>>
Fucking Boomers.

Throw away any opportunities for the younger generation and force us to foot the bill for them.
>>
Aren't they overpopulated anyways?
>>
>>42625
Problem is there is aton of old folks and few young people.

Who is gonna pay the oldies social security?

Maybe they could accept a slight cut to save their country....kek what was I thinking?
>>
Good
>>
>>42627
The reason that the Japanese are investing so heavily in robotic technologies is for that exact reason.
>>
>>42629
Yeah, wasn't that tiny rock overpopulated anyway?
>>
>>42647
Yep, also fuck them for infecting the world with anime and the ilk it breeds and the lives it ruins
>>
>>42625
By the way, Although I am Japanese, I think so.
Declining population is so good.
>>
>>42607
This is what happens when you produce superior 2D waifus
>>
>>42658
exactly
>>
Now the big questions:
-why I can't move there and help them raising that number?
-why their immigration policies are so retarded?

Even Philippines have a better policy: you can buy permanent residency, and that's it.
>>
>the most common cause of death of those aged 10 to 19 in Japan was suicide
>Between 1972 and 2013, of the 18,048 children who killed themselves, on average 92 did so on 31 August, 131 on 1 September and 94 on 2 September.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34105044
>>
>>42673
Because fliptrash are desperate to get people from non-shitskin countries to save them, while our government is mostly made up of old fuckheads who are stilk barely past WW2.
>>
>>42673
They would rather burden the new taxpayers making them less likely to have kids

The problem isn't the number being popped out, it's the old people.

Japs are lead by old dumbasses, remember all the shit they did in WWII?
>>
>>42673

japs don't want mixed babies
>>
>>42724

are you crazy? they're cute as hell:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/journeys/20160426.html

from 7:25
>>
>>42674
Damn son
>>
Le infinite growth meme
>>
>>42737
Half breeds are ugly, don't try and kid yourself.

And even if you had a fetish for them the medical problems you force on them is just being cruel.
>>
>>42759
>mixed race children have more genetic disorders
Source?
>>
>>42759
it's the opposite you fuckwit. kids with two or more different ethnic backrounds are not only safer from recessive disorders, they also benefit by having a more diverse and therefore stronger immune system.
>>
>>42791
Its a /pol/tard obviously you can't expect much from them.
>>
>>42791
And yet you are talking utter shit. Hybrid vigor only applies when two groups are already heavily inbred, your silly propaganda seems to forget that.

But let's also look at other factors, shall we?
Half-breeds have compatibility issues so you had better hope that you don't need organ replacements or blood transfusions.

So in summation, you are a moron who spouts nonsense with zero biological fact to support muh feelins, as is the moron below your post, who is most likely just you samefagging given the speed of this board and the coincidence of two faggots circle-jerking over the same false beliefs.

Now go and cry about le pol bogeyman some more if it helps you sleep.
>>
They should reduce heathcare spending for older people and change that mentality of "Elders are always right". It seems like they will be forced to increase the retirement age as well
>>
>>42759
>>42815
Talk about morons spreading agenda myths. I do agree some people should not be having children, however, as your case clearly indicates. By the way, feel free to check out amongst your peers >>/pol/.
>>
>>42845
>they should
Nobody is listening to your stupid gaijin opinions
>>
>>42868
Right so you admit you lost, good job.

Go and get triggered back on tumblr.
>>
>tfw still no source
>>
>>42627
They did a census and found out that more than half of the "elderly over 90" had been dead at least 20 years and their kids where collecting their government benefits. I think the elderly problem is overblown.
>>
>>42737
dmn anon! that was a very interesting and comfy episode. i love these travel shows. thanks for sharing.
>>
Japs really have no redeeming qualities, at least blacks are athletic and jews are smart. Gooks are ugly, suck at sports, are stupid as fuck have shitty food, shitty culture, shitty everything.
>>
>>42625
Not if they want to continue to have a functioning economy.

Japan's 'overpopulation' problem is a myth. They have more than enough to support themselves agricultural-wise.

Plus, if it keeps falling, they're going to want to start allowing immigration. They do not want to really open that can.
>>
I've done some math assuming a slightly decline in their total fertility rate (currently around 1.4) and that they'll continue to have a few more boys than girls: they'll risk to go down from 16 to just 1 million of children in 2 centuries from now (not counting Chinese and Koreans living there).

Year / Females aged 14 or under
2016 / 7,820,000
2038 / 5,340,488
2068 / 3,647,162
2098 / 2,472,954
2128 / 1,676,783
2158 / 1,128,762
2188 / 754,343
2218 / 500,442
2248 / 332,001
2278 / 220,254
2308 / 146,120
2338 / 96,938
2368 / 64,310
2398 / 42,664
2428 / 28,096

I've also assumed 30 years for a generation, which is quite optimistic:

http://www.ipss.go.jp/p-info/e/psj2012/PSJ2012.asp

see Table 4 Fertility, and then 4.14 Mean Age of Female at Birth by Birth Order: 1955-2010

On table 1 they are predicting the total population to go down to 86.737.000 in 2060 (with more females than males because of life expectancy).
>>
Japan has too many old people, and their entire society is geared to aiding the elderly at the expense of everyone else because ORD PEOPRE ARE HONORABRE ANCESTOR U PAY ARR YOUR MONEY TO OJISANS OR U ARE DISHONORABRE GRANDCHIRD!
>>
>>43429
>>43460
This sort of stuff can't last forever. I expect some sort of cultural revolution in Japan in the next 20-25 years that causes younger folks to change their game up.
>>
>>42607
Their old people will die eventually and it wont be a problem.

Japan is a fucking island, it doesnt have population problems.
>>
>>42627
What happened to old people before social security existed?
>>
>>43485
they died.

>>43484
well except for the empty cities and breakdown of infrastructure that comes with a declining population.

what happens when its unfeasible for public transit to run to a city of 400 people?
This has happened already and is likely to increase in the future. Think of the massive cultural shift when people can't use public transit to go everywhere, even to sightsee. Will be very interesting.
>>
>>43489
>empty cities

their houses are not built to last for more than a century; they consider them "disposable" and are always inclined to tear them down (and rebuild if necessary); would be retarded to do the contrary since an earthquake can destroy them any-time; that's also why land is more valuable than the house on top of it sometimes; also, do you remember the houses foundations after the tsunami? a square on the ground 30 cm high, that's it

in large cities people live in very small apartments right now: I'm quite sure that vacant apartments/houses will make the prices drop a bit, allowing people to live in a bit larger house

abandoned villages in the countryside? mmh, in a century we're going to consume all the fossil fuels and the countryside will have a huge increase in value
>>
>>42673
Immigration to fix your birth/elderly problem is a pyramid scheme
>>
>>43485
They had savings and/or children. This is kind of like asking "What happened to hungry kids before school lunches?"
>>
>>42608
Word
>>
>>43466
>cultural revolution

the last one they had was MGTOW
(-__-)
>>
>>42815
>Half-breeds have compatibility issues so you had better hope that you don't need organ replacements or blood transfusions.

Not really find a half guy and it's as easy as that. Latinos don't gave that issue because there are a ton of them with similar gene mixture. Black mixes in America can find another half or he'll any full black because many who look black have high euro admixture like Condoleezza Rice.
>>
>>42607
Do these countries really need more people?
>>
>>43485
Family culture.
Your parents kept living with you.
>>
Japan hit the malthusian ceiling and now their population is stabilizing.

We hit ours and we responded to the naturally falling birth rate by pushing through the ceiling with immigrants.
>>
>>42657
why?
>>
>>42815
>or blood transfusions
Whoa, wait a minute. I thought it was just ABO and the Rhesus factor.
>>
>>42815
>Half-breeds have compatibility issues so you had better hope that you don't need organ replacements or blood transfusions.
>So in summation, you are a moron
If Japan lets in a ton of whiteys to make a ton of halfbreed this isn't an issue, idiot.
>>
>>43460
>and their entire society is geared to aiding the elderly at the expense of everyone else because ORD PEOPRE ARE HONORABRE ANCESTOR U PAY ARR YOUR MONEY TO OJISANS OR U ARE DISHONORABRE GRANDCHIRD!
People in Tokyo literally used to dump old people in suicide forest to die. That's why it's suicide forest, it's where you go to die.
>>
>>42769
>tfw there's still no source
>>
>>44919
Thats how my mom grew up here in the USA.
>>
>>43429
Statistics that go beyond a few years in the future are zhe biggest meme
>>
>>43466
I think it boils down to their worth ethic. They need to change their obsessive work ethic and place more emphasis on families. Give fewer hour, paid leave and more vacations so dads and moms can spend more time with their kids. Why have kids if you devote your life to work? This idea needs to change. I hope it does. I highly respect the japanese.
>>
>>45126
China is having this issue too, with "parachute kids."

They just chunk money at them and abandon them to study in another country. Not at a boarding school, but these 16 year old kids are living alone in apartments with little spoken language in common with native students. Then you have shit like this happen:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/1933482/parachute-kids-who-fell-earth-dangers-facing-chinese-children

I think before industrialization a lot of these countries had the same work ethic, but that ethic applied to social relationships, personal health, and family. Now it is just how much money can you throw at them to make it okay. Which can only go so far in parenting.

South Korea is also having a population issue, but not to the scale of Japan. What do these countries' youth populations have in common? The two highest teen/child suicide rates in the world.

Maybe they have less kids too because the ones they have are killing themselves at younger and younger ages, 13 sometimes.
>>
This is not a problem. Japan will supplant low birthrates with robots. Only a (((multicultural shill))) would say otherwise.
>>
>>43429
>2068 / 3,647,162 Females aged 14 or under
>total population down to 86.737.000 in 2060

it's not difficult to imagine that in 2060 there'll be like 13 adults males for every girl aged 14/21

competition to conquer a young wife will be fierce!
>>
>>42674
Leading cause of death among teenagers is suicide almost everywhere
>>
>>45186
japs are some fucked up niggers
>>
>>42990
Not even the same guy. Pol is thattaway
>>
>>45126
They have to overthrow their dumbass age hierarchy. Young talent gets shot down because older people consist on their age related respect which stops any innovation. They won't settle down until they've reached their desired position otherwise.
>>
>>43001
Well then the problem would have been solved. If more than half of these scammers were caught they just reduced payments by half.
>>
>>42607
I love that. Fuck children.
>>
>>42658
kek
>>
Antinatalism fuck yeah!
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.