[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ted Cruz suspends campaign after Indiana defeat; Trump unopposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 0
http://m.smh.com.au/world/us-election/ted-cruz-drops-out-of-race-clears-way-for-donald-trumps-romp-to-republican-nomination-20160504-golpmr.html

>Ted Cruz, the insurgent Texan whose presidential campaign was fuelled by disdain for Washington, announced he was leaving the race on Tuesday night, removing the last major hurdle in Donald Trump's quest to become the Republican nominee for president.

>Senator Cruz's decision came after losing overwhelmingly to Mr Trump in the Indiana primary, all but ensuring that real estate mogul will claim his party's mantle at the Republican National Convention in July.

>The exit comes after a series of desperate moves to keep his candidacy afloat in recent weeks, including naming former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina as his running mate in a bizarre announcement where Senator Cruz spoke for 30 minutes and Fiorina sang to his young daughters.

>In his last day on the campaign trail, Senator Cruz unloaded on Mr Trump, calling the businessman a"pathological liar" and a "narcissist" who was proud of being a "serial philanderer." The attacks were reminiscent of the broadsides Senator Marco Rubio launched against Mr Trump in the waning days of his own presidential campaign — and a far cry from the lavish praise Senator Cruz heaped on Donald Trump for most of 2015, declaring, "I like Donald Trump."

>The fact that Senator Cruz remained one of the last candidates standing in a once-crowded field would have been viewed as improbable when he entered the race 14 months earlier. Senator Cruz, the first major candidate to enter the race, is a first-term senator best known for getting under the skin of his Senate colleagues and championing controversial tactics to block the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. He was painted as a long-shot underdog who was too religious and conservative to advance past the early nominating contests.

Well, looks like Trump is the Republican nominee now, let's talk about that.
>>
usaisnowajoke
>>
It's over lads, /pol/ won.
>>
HE DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
Might as crown the witch now.
>>
let's see how this goes.

It's been a good while since a debate which is good for Trump since he can't explain policy for shit. That won't fly in the general race though.

I expect a modest Hillary victory.
>>
>>42402
>It's been a good while since a debate which is good for Trump since he can't explain policy for shit

Are you fucking kidding me? Just about every debate has resulted in more momentum for the Trump campaign.

Hell, I was a little worried when the Republican debates stopped all together.
>>
>>42401
And who would you like to go aganist her? Trump may be an ass but he's got the numbers. May be not enough to beat her, but he's the only one that has a chance. Personally I liked Webb but what cha gonna do?
>>
>>42397
This is going to split the Republican party, Trump isn't a conservative and he isn't popular in the Republican party. I wonder who's going to get the votes of all the Republicans that are going to sit this one out.
>>
>>42403
What?
When the debates were on Cruz won a few primaries.
Trump looked very low energy and couldn't even explain his non existent policy.

Hillary is gonna eat him alive if he doesn't sharpen up.
>>
>>42403
He grew momentum because he's a bully that talked shit that pandered to his fans, in General he'll have his fans but that isn't enough to gain the seat of POTUS
>>
the head of the GOP has tweeted this
https://mobile.twitter.com/Reince/status/727665447684820992

>people angry and calling him a cuck.

Welp they are doomed.
I think they knew that though.
>>
>>42405
I don't know if you've noticed but Bernie voters aren't exactly thrilled about Hillary.
>>
>>42406
>When the debates were on Cruz won a few primaries.

Yeah, in his home state and in the bible belt.

Every debate though showed the sheer desperation of the GOP and the media. Plus, how did he take down Jeb? Jabs at his low energy in debates. Same with every other candidate. Trump is at his best when he's on the offensive.

>>42407
Hillary has a lot of skeletons in her closet, and the man has barely begun to dig into her. We'll see what happens during a debate. Hillary isn't exactly known for being able to handle going off her teleprompter, while Trump can improvise better than Miles Davis.
>>
>>42409
Espically not in reddit.

Damnit heat don't lose to the fucking raptors.
>>
>>42409
Yeah but they're extremists and are only adequately represented by parties like the American Communist Party.
>>
>>42414
He says this as Bernie wins another state tonight.
>>
>>42411
Take a look at the last few debates. As I said Trump looked very low energy.
As if he dropped the facade and shifted to the center.

>Hillary has a lot of skeletons in her closet, and the man has barely begun to dig into her.

She has been attacked left and right for the past 20 years. The women has a heart of cold steel.
>>
>>42415
>as Bernie wins another state
He's a democrat though, they don't care how many states a nominee wins.
>>
>>42417
His last few debates all eyes were on him. The debaters only cared about Trump, the media only cared about Trump, they were hilarious hit jobs that served only to make themselves look desperate to take him out. When he stopped going though, those debates lost all relevance. It showed his complete power over these and people and the election as a whole.

Meanwhile, what has Hillary's biggest obstacle been? Bernie who's refused to take more than a few pot shots in the guise of wanting to maintain a civilized election?
>>
>>42411
>Trump can improvise better than Miles Davis.
I don't think I've ever read such a terrible set of words strung together inside of a sentence

>>42415
Yeah okay, and what's that worth? The delegates are still not shaping up for him, and that'll be the end of his campaign.

>>42414
What a typical thing to say
>>
>>42422
>I don't think I've ever read such a terrible set of words strung together inside of a sentence

I work to please. I could compare him to Monk or Rollins if that's more to your taste.

>Yeah okay, and what's that worth? The delegates are still not shaping up for him, and that'll be the end of his campaign.

The funnest thing is that the dems are acting like they have a unified front, but meanwhile their supposed front runner just lost another state, while The GOP are now openly saying they need to come together and back Trump after Cruz's move to leave the game.
>>
>>42420
I'm talking about the last few debates with him, cruz, and kasich .
You know? the one where explaining policy matters since there wasn't 10 guys on stage and you could get away with insults..

If he acts the same way it's gonna go badly for him.
>>
Does anyone else feel that the two party system is ready to die?
>>
>>42402
Honestly, probably this

Trump is just too impalatable for too many people
>>
>>42428
Time and time again this mindset has proven itself wrong. A year ago it was a literal joke that Trump could get as far as now, but here we are. He's secured the nom even before Hillary.
>>
>>42427
>having a two party system in the first place
It's like you Americans don't actually like democracy.
>>
>>42430
You see my friend.
We Americans are FREE from choice
>>
>>42397
Holy shit, this is actually happening fuck well guess we'll have to start praising our new God emperor
>>
I'm ready for the rebirth of the Holy Roman Empire, again (again).
>>
>>42397
can't stump the trump
>>
>>42397
I'm registering as a Democrat tomorrow. I can't share a party with garbage populist. Even knowing that Trump will go ahead with trade deals, work through international institutions, and abandon his retarded tax cuts and wall, it's not enough. The man is unamerican. #imwithher
>>
>>42430
How come you guys don't do much better, then?
>>
>>42402
Trump counter-punches and blows hot air because he has no policy or leadership substance. In a debate with Hillary he will bait meme after meme, and all Hillary will need to do is talk past him. Trump will go through the entire debate without answering a single question and only "score points" when he piles on with innuendo after a moderator questions to Hillary. Trump will tire out, like the old man he is, and Hillary will be able to bait him into saying un-Republican things. Her laugh will come when he realizes what he said and how he won't be able to back down without looking immaculated.
>>
>>42430
We don't. Democracy is institutional anarchy.
The United States are a republic, meaning theoretically that the voice of the minorities aren't drown out by the ever changing desires of the masses.
>>
>>42460
Emasculated, rather. No virgin births on a presidential debate stage.
>>
>>42463
>Democracy is institutional anarchy.
Listen kid, institutions in a democracy are the strongest out of all types of government. Look at how the American FBI brought down FIFA. Look at how the Treasury Dept tightened the screws in Russia and Iran. Look at how the US State Dept removed WMD from Syria. Putin is lucky to get through a "elected term" without reorganizing his state's security. Xe has been purging since he came in office and the Panama Papers just showed how little he has accomplished. Show me an undemocratic country and I'll show you a modern perversion; I'll show you real anarchy.
>>
>>42464
What I would give to see Trump give birth to Jesus live on tv
>>
>>42397
I told you this will happen when when trump first announce he will run, did anyone listen? NO
>>
>>42469
Well he did pay a bunch of people to go to his announcement that he was running for president so I think my initial doubts were justified
>>
>>42468
It would probably be enough to win him Utah back.
>>
>>42399
Hilary wins.
>>
>>42463
>Democracy is institutional anarchy.
lel no. it is the opposite: people whine that always the same politics is done. it is incredibly stable.
>>
>>42414
The CPUSA has endorsed Hillary, they're not radical, haven't been for decades. They compromised solely of sheepdogs for the democrats and FBI interns.
>>
>>42446
Go away HIDF :^)
>>
I feel like it's been heading this way for a while now. It just shows how the media has created a climate of American voters who reward showmanship. American politics is now a reality TV show, and Trump is their star.

Hillary is his presumptive opponent. Hopefully enough American voters will try to prevent Trump from winning and realize how cancerous his ideas are. A lot can happen between now and election day, it's going to be a wild ride. Hopefully it doesn't result in catastrophe for everyday people.
>>
>>42547
But Hillary is bad too. Everyone is awful but it doesn't really matter does it because Congress will continue to be the worst and not enough people will want to change things by electing good congressmen
>>
Bernie winning Indiana makes me scared.
I bet 100 euros on hillary to win, don't want to lose that money
>>
>Kasich out
Tumblr must be shitting themselves by now.
>>
>>42549
He's still trailing by a fair bit isn't he?
>>
>>42397
Is Kasich not still in the running? I know it sounds silly now, but it's quite possible Kasich could have this in the bag. It's part of a tactic I have feared from the start: The establishment places somebody like Trump in front of all the press, who garners the entire worlds' attention. He puts on the perfect show, drawing all eyes away from the other candidates. The show plays out, until suddenly, the distraction is removed at the very last moment, leaving only one candidate left whom the public knows very little about. This person will go on to win.

Unless, Hillary is the one behind it all, in which case the same method is used, except that only remaining person is easily defeated by the queen cunt.
>>
>>42437
>smugvoltaire.jpg
>>
>>42397
Mr. Cruz approves of this shillong shilling shelling.
>also provides insight to his next book - Better Foreign Policy: a cuck queen's journey to prove that queers could accomplish what the steers could not.
>>
>>42397
Lol
>>
>>42398
kek
what PC-friendly country do you live in lad?
>>
>>42397
"including naming former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina as his running mate "

hahahah shit son, really?, he was completely fucked at that point, naming that inept bitch that singlehandedly ruined HP as a running mate?

hahaha shit can't be real
>>
>Shillary's out in full force.
Fun fact, Trump isn't currently under federal investigation.
>>
>>42464
The immaculate conception was actually Mary's conception, not Jesus', because Mary had to be born without original sin.
>>
>>45073
Child abuser go away
>>
>>42547
I think theres still the novelty of a woman president, now you've had the black dude.
>>
>>45103
Too bad Hillary is only cunning for it because
>its my turn now

I look forward to a woman president, but Hillary does not fit that description in my mind.
>>
>>42547
>Implying Hillary isn't at least as cancerous as Trump
>Implying feminism and PC culture aren't the biggest cancer there is
I'm willing to put up with four years of Trump if it teaches the Democrats to abandon their bullshit SJW crap. Of you want men and white people to vote you, try to stop hating men and white people. Trump won't be that bad anyway, he can't get any of his crazier ideas past Congress.
>>
>>42404
revolution
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.