[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Media censoring incidents involving refugees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 0
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/halfiax-chronic-herald-retracts-refugee-story-after-public-outcry/article29603300/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vn2GIMYZ794
>>
>>38978
The media aren't censoring it, nobody cares. It's moral outrage clickbait.
>>
>>38978
We know, Merkel has been getting Facebook to remove posts negatively referencing them too.

It's pretty scary.
>>
>>38992
>The media aren't censoring it, nobody cares.
oy vey
>>
>>38978
Sounds a lot like " he said she said" bullshit.
Maybe these peoples kids are losers that's why they are getting bullied by anyone much less specifically a group of refugee kids. Look at the family for Christ-sake.
>>
>>38992
>the media aren't censoring it

The online newspaper published the article stating that refugee children strangled one of the other children with a chain, then without explanation changed the article to remove fact that the children who did the strangling were syrian refugees.

That is by definition censorship you dishonest, politically motivated, dogmatic cunt.
>>
>>39020
>dishonest, politically motivated, dogmatic cunt.
No, that's TheGlobe&Mail for printing the story about an everyday occurance (murder) just to morally outrage weakminded fucks who like to circlejerk about racebait.

So go on and tell us more about how morally outraged the murdered children made you, because that's the point of the story. Are you shaking in anger shouting "Not MY Child!!!1" ?
>>
>>39050
So should all adjectives be omitted and description be kept at a bare minimum?

Journalism objectively presents all the facts. Facts themselves cannot help if they are morbid or sensational. They just are. And to hinder facts being presented is a type of censoring.
>>
>>39050
>>39051

>>39051
>>39050

what the hell is wrong with everyone here?

Just look up stats for crime related to migrants and crime related to citzens and find out if thereis a fucking difference. Most violent crimes are sensational, especially the ones the media picks up on. Official stats will give everyome a much better understanding of what is going on. Victim report surveys, arrest rate numbers, crime report surveys, etc. are all better ways to understand what is going on compared to random news articles about one fucking event. (note: none of these data sets are perfect but they are a lot better than arguing over random stories that the media plays up or plays down.)

censoring articles = not a good.
over/under reporting a certain topic also = not good. does anyone actually disagree with either of those statements?
>>
>>39051
There is journalism that is presented in the public interest and then there is yellow journalism that sensationalizes and capitalizes on the outrage people have over the murder of children or some other outrageous crime. This is the latter, not the former.

>>39052
>what the hell is wrong with everyone here?
The only thing wrong is that people think race bait like this shit is news. Tell us more about how outraged and afraid of the migrants you are. Are you vomiting in terror at the thought that some filthy degenerate migrant might lay their thieving eyes on your child?
>>
>>39071
Stop nitpicking posts retard. It's not race baiting when these people are clearly fat more violent and something should be done.
>>
>>38978
>the media IS NOT nitpicking refugee and immigrant news
Germany,new years eve,anybody?

The media has been doing this for a few years.

In order to deny this you have to be
-working in media
or
-a dumb mouth breather

Anyone with an IQ over 80 can see the media is biased.
>>
>>38978
Here's a thought: Maybe nobody cares?! It's not like we have high expectations for the unwashed Syrian hordes, anyway!
>>
>>39085
Bait? Or are you just that stupid?
>>
>>39085
You are dealing with a shitposter. I bet he thinks being edgy is still cool and loves defending racist child abuse. He is just trying to get a rile out of you by posting that pro-rapefugee child abuse stuff.
>>
>>39107
The article itself is a shitpost to start with, and it's sad that you're grasping at straws by portraying my criticizing their journalism for being "pro-rapefugee".
>>
>>39114
I really couldn't care less about what an edgelord defending child abuse coverups has to say.

Go back to /b/.
>>
>>39117
>Baaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww I'm so morally outraged!!!!!
>muh dead kids!!!!111
Cry moar faggot
>>
>>39117
lel are you going to DDoS someone on twitter now for great justice?
>>
>>39121
>>39122
I can smell your underagedness.
>>
>>39130
I was posting on the internet before you were born, junior.
>>
>>39085

>clearly more violent

No stats posted. Your post goes straight the garbage.
>>
>>39132
I have no doubt he's going by the skewed impression he gets from reading his kneejerk bait news sources that specifically highlight immigrant crimes over all others so that it fits the already established narrative of immigrants all being bloodthirsty raping marauders.
>>
>>39133
What's wrong with holding refugees to a higher standard?
These people are supposed to be fleeing violence NOT causing violence to the very people who are making a sacrifice to shield them and give them a better quality of life.
>>
>>39136
Because you're talking about a group of people that have been uprooted from their native lands by a war they wanted nothing to do with and you're expecting them not to be fucked in the head mentally after getting shipped halfway across the planet to a totally unfamiliar society.

The best thing are the neckbearded teenagers who don't have any kids acting like outraged helicopter parents at a girl scout meeting (Not MY Child!!) over some imaginary fear of immigrant rape gangs because they read too many clickbait that pandered to their fears for clickthrough adsense money.
>>
>>39137

Hey, just got here. You're completely wrong, though I appreciate your attitude.

You've just admitted they're violent and you're trying to excuse it. It's not racist to acknowledge that the culture is violent, sexist, and bigoted in many ways - it's realistic. (Culture, not biological make up. They're as human as the rest of us.)

Islam is a blight, and unless the refugees renounce their barbaric ways an assimilate, you and others will be shown plainly that you're doing them a disservice by being unrealistic.

Why we aren't rescuing the Syrian Christians confuses the shit outta me, though. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-22270455
>>
>>39140
>You've just admitted they're violent and you're trying to excuse it.
They aren't anymore violent than anyone else though. You are being presented a false picture.

All organized religion is a blight and I say that as a polytheist.

"We" aren't "rescuing" anyone, The US and Canada and many other countries are allowing refugees and other immigrants who can't prove their backgrounds due to an unfriendly government at home. What do you think happened with refugees from Rwanda in the 90s or South Africa in the 80s or Vietnam in the 70s?
>>
>>39141

>polytheist

Way to undermine any validity your opinion may have had.
>>
>>38978
Truly now we understand why these "refugees" have been kicked out of their countries

It is because they're sadistic inhuman wastes.
>>
>>39137

and why are we letting them into our nations? why again?

in what single way does that benefit us?

for what reason would we ever choose to allow them in?
>>
>>39143
Yeah okay, nice adhom there.

>>39145
Gee I don't know, read the poem on the fucking statue of liberty sometime. I mean, it isn't like we're a nation of immigrants or anything, right? I suppose you'd rather have Honduran and ElSalvadorian gang members than Syrian refugee families, right? Because Islam.
>>
>>39146
That's terrible false equivalence and appeal to authority and you should feel bad.
>>
>>39147
Well I don't. Not any worse than the OP should feel for submitting more /pol/ racebait to /news/
>>
>>39050
>about an everyday occurance (murder)

So you didn't even read the story but have already made up your mind and yet you're accusing other people of being dogmatic? You're accusing other people of being politically motivated and dishonest? While you did not even read the story but already have made all these conclusions that it is not worthy as news?

Thank you for exposing yourself so thoroughly.

>>39132
It's common knowledge that immigrants from teh middle east and africa into europe are more violent, but if you are really so dishonest that you're going to play dumb and hope that nobody can be bothered to spoonfeed you common knowledge, sorry to disappoint.

https://www.bra.se/bra/publikationer/arkiv/publikationer/2005-12-14-brottslighet-bland-personer-fodda-i-sverige-och-i-utlandet.html (A 1996 report by the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention determined that between 1985 and 1989 individuals born in Iraq, North Africa (Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia),Africa (excluding Uganda and the North African countries), other Middle East (Jordan, Palestine, Syria), Iran and Eastern Europe (Romania, Bulgaria) were convicted of rape at rates 20, 23, 17, 9, 10 and 18 greater than individuals born in Sweden respectively.
>>
>>39155
Don't kid yourself. This is a thinly veiled excuse to advance the anti-immigrant narrative and not news.
>>
>>39156
wow great rebuttal
You intellectual powerhouse you. Logic and reason are clearly on your side.
If something is evidence of negative behavioural trends by middle eastern and african refugees then it can't be news. Brilliant! You're a genius!
>>
>>39156
>the anti-immigrant narrative
nobody in this thread or the article said anything abou being anti-immigration in general.

It's obvious and objectively true that immigrants from europe, east asia and india integrate better , commit less crime and contribute more to the economy than african, arab-muslim and central/south asian muslim immigrants.

The latter three are the people who should be limited except for the very educated and successful people.

That's hardly anti-immigration is it?
Immigration is great except when it comes to proletariat middle-eastern muslims and africans.
>>
>>39157
I've been to /pol/ and have seen the narrative. I know the clickbait sources it's based on.

>>39158
That's great. Tell me more about how the immigrants outrage you. Are the veins sticking out in your forehead yet? That's the point of the story and the point of the narrative.
>>
>>39156
>not news
How is coordinated mass migration which specifically leads to incidents of violence and terrorism not news?
>>
>>39160
>this entire post
Congratulations you are now officially no better than the boogeymen you're fighting.
>>
>>39161
Oh so you're admitting that this story about an isolated incident in Nova Scotia that you're portraying as the norm for all Syrian refugees rather than the exception to the rule. Got it. Good talk, son.

>>39162
Never claimed otherwise. Welcome to /news/.
>>
>>39160
>get presented with facts about incidents that happened
>don't even read the news article yet make conclusions about it
>t-t-t-that's the narrative!

what a loser. an intellectual lightweight.
>>
>>39165
I read every news article and so should you. I'm not the one making assumptions here ITT. I'm simply asking you to tell us all how outraged the immigrant racebait story made you. Can you do that? Or are you going to go on about your "proof" about some /pol/ point I never cared about in the first place? You're missing the point that this story is the exception to the norm and moving the goalposts to how African muslims are committing crimes at a higher rate.
>>
>>39168
assuming that you haven't just jumped into the conversation halfway through and we have a 1-to-1 chain of replies to each other, you objectively did not read the news article because you claimed here >>39050 that the article is about murder when the article did not feature murder at all.
> I'm simply asking you to tell us all how outraged the immigrant racebait story made you
Yeah it's much easier to resort to facile rhetoric than deal with getting proven wrong when you make factually incorrect claims
like when you said that the article is about murder , or when you claimed that the article wasn't censored when it was by definition censored >>38992

>moving the goal posts
I did no such thing.
Someone asked for stats and so I provided them >>39155, and you claimed that the thread was "anti-immigrant" when it is no such thing, so I corrected you. >>39158.

>waaah waaaaaahhhh, why are arguing about facts and veracity and pointing out where I was wrong when I just want to be smug and repeat hollow rhetoric?
>>
>>39169
>facile rhetoric
That's pretty fucking funny considering OP's article and the other post exactly like it decrying
"censorship".
>the rest of you screed
You keep diverting the conversation to your stats that are irrelevant to my argument about the click bait nature of the article fitting into the false narrative, but thanks for playing. Next time you want to advance the racebait narrative do it with someone else on some other board. If you're going to post news you should be prepared for criticism of the narrative behind it. It's all about the framing of news and you're advocating for framing it in a dishonest way.
>>
>>39171
>complaining about censorship that has been objectively recorded to have taken place is facile rhetoric
uh huh.

>You keep diverting the conversation to your stats
not true. the stats were provided because you made incorrect claims that I was correcting such as this
>false narrative
the narrative is not false because objectively 'refugees' from the middle east and africa do commit much more crime per capita than the general population.

>waaahh! waaahh!! don't report things that are of public interest and are factually correct! the narrative is more important than what is true waaaaahhhh

take your progressive crybaby whining to tumblr
>dishonest way
>says the person who literally made claims about the article without reading it and got the basics of the article wrong.
>>
>>39173
>>complaining about censorship that has been objectively recorded to have taken place isn't facile rhetoric
uh huh

>not true. the stats were provided because you made incorrect claims that I was correcting such as this
You don't get it. The only claim I'm making is that this article exists because it feeds the racebait narrative, which is why OP posted it. There is no censorship involved or you wouldn't even know about the story and we wouldn't be having this thread right now.
>baaaaawww!!! here I go moving the goalposts again!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
yep, the final straw of a man without an argument.
>progressive, crybaby, tumblr, etc
I'm from /pol/, jackass, I'm less "progressive" than you are I can assure you. I believe in calling a spade a spade. That's why when you try and fail every time to move the goalposts to the same tired /pol/ stats I've seen over 9000 times more than you have as though it proves something relevant, I laugh even louder.
>>
>>39174
>there is no censorship involved or you wouldn't even know about the story and we wouldn't be having this thread right now.

lmao this is such an embarrassingly poor, logically deficient argument.

you're arguing that unless an organisation manages to perfectly censor something before anyone else can see it, then no censorship has occured. What happened was that the newspaper published a factually correct article online, then the article had facts concerning the incident removed from it without explanation. That is by definition censorship. Only according to you, in this case it isn't censorship because people noticed the that the earlier version ofth article had been censored compared to the later version of the article, then decided to write an article about both the incident and the censorsip. Good one.
God so embarrassing. Every time you try to make a 'smart' point like this you get refuted and the stupidity of the argument is exposed

> The only claim I'm making is
Ojectively false, you've made multiple claims that have been shown to be wrong.
e.g. cliaming that the article is about murder, when it isn't, showing that you hadn't actually read the article before you started whining and making claims about it >>39050
how is complaining about clear cut rhetoric facile rhetoric?

>baww
lol if you don't like being greentexted as a whiny crybaby who just regurgitates "narrative" and cries about people discussing news and facts then you could simply refrain from doing that.
>>waaahh! waaahh!! don't report things that are of public interest and are factually correct! the narrative is more important than what is true waaaaahhhh

is what you've been doing in >>39171 and the whole thread.

>when you try and fail every time to move the goalposts
and yet you haven't managed to demonstrate how I have moved the goal posts at all. you just repeat the empty claim even it was refuted here >>39169

cont.
>>
>>39174
>>39175
cont.

You've lost multiple times. You've made multiple claims that I've shown to be objectively wrong and made points that were absolutely stupid.

It would be obvious to any 3rd party who bothered reading the thread that you've lost over points you've already made and been exposed and proven wrong on that you can't take back, which means the only reason you're continuing to post is try to get some shred of pride over being the last person to reply. how pathetic and intellectually handicapped.

enjoy, loser.
>>
>>39175
That's an awful lot of tl;dr to claim this isn't racebait when it's clearly racebait, and again, it isn't censored, or you wouldn't know about it. That's what censorship is. Keep typing out all that "objectively false" crap if it makes you feel better though.

The thread wouldn't be here if OP (and you) weren't outraged over immigrants, which has for you personally gotten to the level where you are obsessing over unrelated stats, grasping at straws in your attempt to move the goalposts from the fact that the immigrants are already here and they aren't murderers or child rapists. I'm really enjoying watching you flail around trying to pin it on me personally like I'm some kind of leftist who welcomed the immigrants in.

Meanwhile, immigrants are going to continue to streaming into your country (probably increasingly so) and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that fact except spout useless and cherrypicked stats on the internet. So I'll ask again for what must be the fitth or sixth time: How outraged are you over this? Are you suffering from rectal pro-lapse from the butt-devastation you're feeling right now?
>>
>>39141
>They aren't anymore violent than anyone else though
Yeah, all those Swedes and Fins and Germans raping their way through Europe last year, what a sight
>>
>>39181
It's so commonplace it doesn't even make the news. Nobody is outraged enough.
>>
>>39020
Yeah but censoring is not eliminate infromation retard, is just ignoring it, big media companies like tv channels not passing it on the news.
Do you really thing that information being censores is the total elimination of it?
It isn't, the explosion in china was censored in my country becouse it was in some kind of allience.
So yeah, it is probable that the president of canada who just allow refugees in their country pay a little bit of money to the tv channels to ignore it.
You fucking retard, get out of the street and know how the world works
>>
As long as you Syrup-drinking pansies keep all of your Ackbar problems from spilling down here, I don't care how many rapefugees you import.
>>
>>39146
>have you read the statue of liberty
Im almost sure youre trolling

These things just didnt happen years ago.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/cologne-attacks-what-happened-after-1000-women-were-sexually-assaulted-a6867071.html
Why do you think politicians are telling women to cover up, to not approach migrant men, to walk in groups? Why is it only a problem now that the "refugees" have entered, whether they are refugees or not? How is it just to endanger the German people just to help foreigners? Now the native Germans need help, and where can they run? What country will give them benefits, and free housing and education, and call anyone who objects to them a racist?

Why have pools in Germany made the radical decision to essentially segregate their pools, keeping migrant men out? Do you think it was because of the sexual assaults, the following of women into changing rooms, and the masturbating in the pools that made them decide that? Why are the refugees being handed pamphlets illustrating that sexual assault is wrong if they dont have any issues with sexual assault? Why are German women so terrified to go outside? Why are there riots and violence in manners and with frequency and intensity that modern Europeans have never seen? Do you think that the liberal media wants to report these things? The only options that liberals have left is to lie, censor, and name call to keep in power.
What makes you think that people coming from countries riddled with rape and murder wouldnt be murderers and rapists. They arent just fleeing rape and murder, the rapists and murderers are coming to Europe. Do you think those people care about Europe? Do you think they dont realise that they can live off the state and do anything they want with minimal consequence? Do you think they dont realise that they can move into muslim dense areas and drive out the native population with crime and violence, as is happening in Britain, France, Sweeden, and Germany?
>>
>>39146
Some marxist wrote that. I dont trust marxists, theyre the ones that drove Hitler to power.
>>
>>39156
Are you trolling or willfully ignorant? Official government reports and statistics are thinly veiled attempts at pushing a narrative? Tell me, what sources do you use that are so credible? They must be quite impressive. I'd genuinely love to see them.
>>
I'm from Halifax, let me lend some context to this particular story.
The paper that published the story, The Chronicle Herald, is our only current independent newspaper, and they have a history of shitty business, bad reporting and scandals. Case in point: this article was written during a union strike, and the entire staff was replaced by scabs, and has been since January.

This article wasn't written by a professional journalist, it was written by some writer wannaba trying to instigate shit to get attention drawn to themselves. The content of the article is Daily Mail tier and was below standards.

That it's on 4chan of all places should really be a red flag here. Our news is not important to the world, we're a province of 1 million people, mostly fisherman and farmers. But if it's scary refugee kids? WORLD NEWS

This entire article was bait, and you fell for it.
>>
>>39164
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/508660/Paris-Brussels-attacks-suspect-Mohamed-Abrini-Birmingham-phone
>>
>>39175
Actually, according to therebel, the chain may have been a necklace. Not that that makes things much better. The kids should be expelled.
>>
>>39223
The nature of this violence is atypical for the country, assuming it is true, this is a serious issue.

Also why didnt you lead with this post?
>>
>>39223
how was it elow standards? Unless there's some good reason to show that the reporting is untrue and the sources were known to be low-quality, what are you actually saying?

Basically that political correctness trumps providing people with factually correct material.
>>
>>39231
>this is a serious issue
What's so serious about it?
>>
>>39141
>>>39140
>>You've just admitted they're violent and you're trying to excuse it.
>They aren't anymore violent than anyone else though. You are being presented a false picture.
No stats posted. Your post goes straight in the garbage.
>>
>>39240
>How is corruption and abuse of media a serious issue
>>
>>39231
>The nature of this violence is atypical for the country
no it's not
>, assuming it is true, this is a serious issue.
not "send them back to a war zone"-level serious, we can deal with it.
>>39233
kids bullying each other isn't newsworthy, even if it's refugee kids.
>>
>>39262
What in the hell do you think posting a bunch of cherry picked stats is going to do? These new Syrian immigrants haven't ever been quantified in the stats in the first place so including them with all previous immigrants is misleading at best and lying at worst. But that's the point, right, to portray the "threat" from these immigrants as being serious?
>>
>>39288
Kids that spew religious extremism while doing it attract news more than regular bullies.

Like how if a little white kid in America went to a black girl and strangled her, saying "whites should rule everything" of course it deserves some attention more than bullies picking on the nerd.
>>39289
Nice retort to his actual post (which was done before the refugee crisis so it wasn't a cherry-picked stat for right now) with only your opinion and no facts to back up your own.

You're alone in this thread, Faruq. Give up.
>>
>>39223
>wasn't written by a journalist
This is absolutely no different from the shitty reporting going in in main stream state approved media. Often non journalists are allowed to do pieces for important news sources, like CNN or the New York Post
>>
>>39291
that doesn't excuse it, or the reason it was written, or the fact that the paper had none of its regular staff, including editors, who would have sent this shit back for better fact checking. I don't know what you mean by "main stream state approved media", but you're talking about the CBC, they aren't a newspaper and would also never, ever publish a story like this.
>>
>>39290
>You're alone in this thread, Faruq. Give up.
The /pol/-tier ad-hominems speak volumes.
>>
>>39304
This post was supposed to be a piece of irnony, right?
>>
>>39311
No.
>>
>>39269

You only think it's serious when it supports your anti-immigration bias.
>>
>>39352
>bias
And back to tumblr with you to blog about racist statistics and fart rape.
>>
>>39143
>>polytheist
>Way to undermine any validity

Hindus and Catholics together make up nearly 1/3 of the world's population dude.
>>
>>39364
With one jew to rule them all
>>
>>39364
Catholicism is not polytheist in the slightest. You have to be pretty slow to not see that.

With that gone, I'm willing to bet you aren't Hindu. Probably Wiccan, since that matches your speed.
>>
>>39437
>Catholicism is not polytheist in the slightest.

Sure. Why don't you go pray to St. Matthew, ashface?
>>
>details are race baiting
>government reports from 1st world countries are extremely unreputable
What the fuck is wrong with this thread?
>>
>>39490
>government reports from 1st world countries
>local news articles by part-time writers from a temp agency
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.