[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Student Sued for $200k over offensive facebook post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 0
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/qut-student-faces-200000-bill-in-facebook-post-racism-row-20160415-go7951.html

>A university student accused of racial discrimination over a Facebook post has amassed a hefty legal bill, which could blow out to $200,000 if the case goes to trial.

>Alex Wood is being sued under the Racial Discrimination Act over a 2013 post he wrote after being asked to leave a Queensland University of Technology computer lab reserved for the use of Indigenous students.

>"Just got kicked out of the unsigned Indigenous computer room. QUT is stopping segregation with segregation," he posted on a Facebook page called QUT Stalker Space.

>"I wonder where the white supremacist lab is," wrote another student, Jackson Powell, who is also being sued.

>The third student involved in the lawsuit, Calum Thwaites, has emphatically denied being responsible for a post that included a reference to "ITT N-----s" and has produced a volume of evidence supporting his denial.

>The trio are being sued, alongside the university and two staff, by the administration officer who asked Mr Wood to leave the room, Cindy Prior.

>An Indigenous woman, Ms Prior went on sick leave following the incident and reports she felt unsafe leaving her home because she was afraid somebody would say something offensive to her.

>She also says she was unable to return to work in a role that required her to have face-to-face contact with white people.

>Ms Prior is seeking hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.
>>
Anyone can sue claiming an outrageous amount

It'll be real news once damages are actually assigned. I can't casually say I expect it to be thrown out though because I know Australia has some really unusual laws about speech.
>>
>>38935
>Get racially discriminated against
>Get sued for it

What an age we live in.
>>
THESE ABBOS ARE GETTING UPPITY
>>
>An Indigenous woman, Ms Prior went on sick leave following the incident and reports she felt unsafe leaving her home because she was afraid somebody would say something offensive to her.
Are you kidding me
>>
>>38937
pretty much this
>IMA SUE YOU FOR 1 MILLION DOLLARS
>okay try
>>
>>38935
kek
>>
Wtf Australia? This is the kind of cuckery I'd expect from the UK.
>>
>>38959

They're just as cucked as the UK, if not worse.
>>
Cindy Prior huh? How can ANYBODY justify this bullshit?
>>
>>38935
Imagine a world where you can take sick leave because youre afraid if you leave the house someone could potentialy say something mean to you. The powers that be coddle this victim mentality because it makes these poor fools easier to control.
>>
Oh shit. That's next to me. I use that page.
I saw this happen.

I had no idea it blew up like this. The fuck!?
>>
Learn to read. He's not sued for 200k, that's what he might end up paying his lawyers.
>>
>>39055
On the other hand, what if I get sick leave from uni because I can claim my professor gave me distress by giving too many assignments?

Plus suing for 100k or so might help with student loans.
>>
>>39066
Same difference. He's out $200,000 he doesn't have because he called out institutional segregation in a civil manner. The fact that a judge agreed to hear this case is what's ludicrous. The only way this ends up being okay is if Ms. Prior is forced to pay the students' legal costs plus punitive damages for filing a frivolous suit.
>>
>>39081
I go this uni and am in QUT SS, thats exactly what he's doing
>>
>>39055
I don't get why people get so mad over this.
Stuff like this just means that the rest of us will get an advantage over others since you have to put less efforts to be better than others; it essentially just gives us an advantage over others.
>>
fuck me, i thought America was about to implode. Egh, Aussie cucks.
>>
>>38935
I can understand him being asked to leave the lab, seeing as it was assigned for the indigenous people of Australia, but I fail to see how what he said was racist, or how it could cause a woman to now feel uncomfortable working with white people. We got some weak motherfuckers living on this planet now.
>>
>>38935
Prior deserves to lose her job. That woman seems the type to see persecution everywhere, and Devoted to her narrative.
>>
>>39124
Is destroying the universities. Theres lures competition, and you'll be learning less.
>>
>>39209
>it was assigned for the indigenous people of Australia

You don't see anything wrong with this in itself?
>>
>Arrive on a boat, claim their land is yours
>Defend this to this day

>The claim a computer lab
>Oh my god the OUTRAGE how dare they, oh god us whites are so aubjugated
>>
>>39235
Why does there need to be a separate computer lab for aboriginals? Are they incapable of learning with white students?
>>
DESIGNATED
>>

Guess that dark skin isn't very thick.
>>
>>39243
Abbos are violent and incapable of learning, period.
>>
>>39235
Agreed, those abos should go back home, they ruined Australia with their invasion, destroyed the ecosystem with mass burnings and wiped out countless species.

The abos were the biggest cancer on the land.
>>
>>39270
Because Australia was such a bright and thriving place before the limeys came. Witch Doctors, living in tree huts, poor sanitation, and no development at all since 10000BC, what a horrible thing us whiteys have brought
>>

What a fucking pussy. Is university just a fancy word for pre-school? because that seems to be the emotional state of uni employee's and students.
>>
>>38935
I can see having a computer lab or study areas etc. for the benefit of aboriginal students... HOWEVER, the suing a stupid Uni student thing won't win this kind of facility any friends.
>>
>>39081
>is if Ms. Prior is forced to pay the students' legal costs

Won't happen because she doesn't have the money and never will. The students and the staffers also cited are fucked either way.
>>
>>39235
Did that particular person land on a boat and steal land?
Answer: no
Stop assigning guilt to entire groups for actions of long dead people they had nothing to do with you fuclin sjw racist
>>
>>39250
Instant arsehole just add alcohol
>>
>>38935
>not america
This is what's really news about this.
>>
>>39081
>The only way this ends up being okay is if Ms. Prior is forced to pay the students' legal costs plus punitive damages for filing a frivolous suit.
Isn't that really common in the British Commonwealth?
>>
>>38946
I had a pretty good laugh over that one too
>>
>>39028
b..but.. I thought Australia was fucking racist, I mean.. Tony Abbot used to turn back boatloads of niggers
>>
>>39232
its ok because in this case, the class was specially assigned like special case classes where you need extra attention for the students because the abbos are slow learner
>>
>Australian Universities can't handle Australian bantz
Such a shame
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.