[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mom saved by 4-year-old's phone call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1442223173313.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442223173313.jpg
181 KB, 1280x720
DALLAS, TEXAS - Camden Vaughan is sick of being in the hospital room with his mom. He's ready to go home.

"He's all boy, and he's all active," Misty Vaughan said.

And if not for him, Misty Vaughan may not have been here to talk with us. She thought she had the flu. Her fever kept rising.

"It was reading 105 on my thermometer, and that's the last thing I remember," she said.

Then she passed out.

It was little Camden who found her Sunday night, and he used her cell phone to call Dr. Jeremy Vaughan — his own father.

"He said, 'Daddy I need you to come home! Mommy can't get in the bath because she can't wake up!' And I said: 'I'm on my way!'"

Remember, Camden is just four years old. But he unlocked his mom's iPhone and found his dad's photo at the the top of the favorites list.

"And tap the phone button, and the star, and hit the pictures," the youngster explained.

Misty Vaughan's physician at Methodist Charlton Medical Center, Dr. Ousama Moammar, believes she had a seizure. He also believes that Camden's phone call was crucial.

"It saved her life... as simple as that," he said. "Acting early and fast is really of the essence."

That's something that this mother of two is still trying to process.

"If my brain had continued at that temperature, I could not be the same here... the same or not be here at all for them," Misty Vaughan said.

But she is is still here, she's feeling better, and should be back at home soon with Camden.

"I feel like my trust in his responsibility has definitely increased," she said.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/mom-saved-by-4-year-olds-phone-call/124208492
>>
>>37889
EXTRA! EXTRA! CHILD USES PHONE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!
>>
>>37902
The child was 4 though seems a bit ahead of his age.
>>
>>37907
They're using iPads at that age nowadays.
>>
>>37907
Kids figure out technology a lot better than credit is given to them.

It surprises old people because they have had years to figure out computers and still don't know them. But some kid figures out how to use a computer that might be older than him.
>>
>tfw with your luck your kid would pull up the youtube app and watch stupid Minecraft videos while you lay there dying
Glad I dont have one. Seems to invite tragedy
>>
now that is one adorable little boy.

qt3.14's like him deserve to be happy.
>>
>>37889
>He's all boy
Don't misgender xir, shitlord!
>>
>>37924
Kids are like sponges. Old people are set in their ways.
It's how the brain develops, it shouldn't suprise anyone.
>>
>>37953
I don't feel good about the tone of your post. It made me feel sad.
>>
>>37970
>▶
>>>37953
>I don't feel good about the tone of your post. It made me feel sad.

it made me feel violated
>>
>>37907
Not really. Back in the day, my 3-year-old nephew, Ben, loved the shit out of my iPhone 3G. Played games on it whenever I let him. One time he hit the phone button and called my sister, Abby. I said, "Ben, what are you doing?" He held up the phone and said, "This is my friend, Aunt Abby."
>>
>>37907
I've seen younger on a phone
>>
>>37889
I thought it was pretty standard to tell a kid how to call 911 as soon as they can talk and have basic motor functions. I learned pretty early.
Besides, the kid probably already knew how to unlock the phone so he can play angry birds or some shit.
>>
Thats nothing, my sisters boy phoned for an ambulance because he knew his mum was going into labour, and he did it from inside the womb.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.