[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Model 3 reservations through the fucking roof, 253k already.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 2048x1058) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 2048x1058
Have you reserved your model 3 yet?

>253,000 preorders already
>Musk's answer regarding the officially expected preorder numbers: "Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of what happened. No one at Tesla thought it would be this high before part 2 of the unveil."

http://archive.is/y4EGJ
>>
>>36466
I have no idea what this topic is about. Could you elaborate?
>>
>>36479
Tesla motors you dingbat
>>
>>36466
>part 2 of the unveil
what?
>>
>>36507
They're going to introduce MORE new features, and then maybe they'll get >500k orders.

>>36479
Tesla Model 3
>>
>>36515
>They're going to introduce MORE new features, and then maybe they'll get >500k orders.
ooh wee! when?
>>
>>36486
I had to Google it. You could have fucking said that it's a car company that is now producing electric cars.

And,
>comparing them to 4chan and reddit
Wtf, it's not like Tesla is a competing forum.
>>
>>36536
I'll apologize for him because he's gonna call you an idiot again...

Yeah Tesla is a pretty good company. They have been making high-end electrics but are going to break into the middle class markets with the new models. Their cars are extremely well-manufactured and made in America, and I believe their car patents are all free for any company to make, should they want to make Tesla's cars.

I want to get a Tesla, but I think I will drive my truck for another 5-10 years until I really need a new car, and hopefully battery tech will be better. There are also no charging stations in southern Arizona so hopefully that will change too.
>>
>$35,000 for a car
Whelp. Guess it's a rich man's dream. That's like half a million Rand. If my monthly salary is R4000, even if I save my entire salary, it would take me over 10 years to save up to buy the car.
>>
>>36547
Son that's why most of us in America finance our cars... I paid like 30% down on mine and paid the rest off over the course of a few years.
>>
>>36539
>no charging stations in arizona

Elon Musk said that they will double the number of charging stations this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VGQPk2Dl8
>>
>>36717
Yeah that's good, I'm waiting until they're everywhere.
>>
>>36466

No, because Singapore is probably gonna tax the fucking hell out of it, ATOP from the ridiculous tax I have to pay to get the car, and that's not counting the FUCKING EXPENSIVE paper I have to get to even own a shitty beater that even /o/ won't touch.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/open-letter-singapore-penalty-electric-135408775.html

Before you beat my ass over "shit source", i did check Reuters. There were zero sources on it. This is as 'primary' as I can get it. I will be more than happy to post a more reputable link when I find it.
>>
>>36736

https://www.teslamotors.com/support/heres-how-clean-model-s-singapore-and-elsewhere

A Tesla official statement on this matter.
>>
>>36717
>>36732
It's not that there are no stations in AZ, it's that the stations are really fucking far away from Tucson. It makes no sense, because Tucson is the liberal haven in Arizona and is down with electric cars and shit.

I guess it's because we're poor -_-
>>
>>36547
Minimum wage in most of America is 12x your salary.

And there are currently movements to DOUBLE the minimum wage in two of the largest states.

Maybe an "American dream" but not a rich man-exclusive dream.
>>
planning to get one once the gigafactory starts up and they produce more than just 50 cars a decade
Also looking at the BMW i8
>>
>>37042
Ive been on an i8 and those things are fucking fasf as hell, they look pretty futuristic too, its a sexy car
>>
>>36466
I don't have enough money. When I do get situated though, Fuck yeah. I remember looking at the model S a couple years ago, 75K and I got so excited, I knew they'd be able to cut the price by about 50%.
>>
>>36466
>that spike in searches for 4chan
Was that the Fappening?
>>
>late 2011 is when people started searching more for reddit than 4chan
Makes sense.
>>
>>36466
I'm still waiting for the hyperloop.
>>
>>37086

that was my guess since reddit bump upwards as well
>>
>>36466
I am excited because the market for used/refurbished/wrecked batteries is going to be amazing. The things I could do with a mass supply of cheap 18650 cells.
>>
I'll buy one some time next year if I can take it on a 1 k mile road trip thru the deep south
>>
>>37177
What would you do?
>>
>>37207
There's nothing to see here, unless you like civil war things
>>
>>36547
>Whelp. Guess it's a rich man's dream.

What the fuck? That's an average price for a truck
>>
>>36736
>No, because Singapore is probably gonna tax the fucking hell out of it

They tax you for buying electric cars?

My provincial government gives a $8500 tax incentive as a bonus for buying electric cars here.
>>
>>37381
Thats where I live tho
>>
>>37400
By truck I assume you mean a bakkie, because a real truck would be more expensive.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.