[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obama demands Turkey close stretch of border with Syria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: ISIS turkey border.png (1 MB, 2502x2107) Image search: [Google]
ISIS turkey border.png
1 MB, 2502x2107
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/war-with-isis-president-obama-demands-that-turkey-close-stretch-of-frontier-with-syria-a6753836.html

>The US is demanding that Turkey close a 60-mile stretch of its border with Syria which is the sole remaining crossing point for Isis militants, including some of those involved in the massacre in Paris and other terrorist plots.

>The complete closure of the 550-mile-long border would be a serious blow to Isis, which has brought tens of thousands of Islamist volunteers across the frontier over the past three years.

>In the wake of the Isis attacks in Paris, Washington is making clear to Ankara that it will no longer accept Turkish claims that it is unable to cordon off the remaining short section of the border still used by Isis. “The game has changed. Enough is enough. The border needs to be sealed,” a senior official in President Barack Obama’s administration told The Wall Street Journal, describing the tough message that Washington has sent to the Turkish government. “This is an international threat, and it’s coming out of Syria and it’s coming through Turkish territory.”

How will the USA achieve this? Can they just pressure Turkey to totally close the border? If the problem is just ISIS they really need a different armed group to control the Syrian side, but obviously Turkey wont want the kurds (YPG) to do it.
>>
I think this is a wonderful idea and I am glad the US is doing something about this
>>
About fucking time. Goddamn.
>>
>>3504
>>3520
>implying Turkey will actually do it
>>
>>3524
DIS
>>
>>3497
They could actually close all their borders if they want to and they could even place a stronger stronghold there.

Is USA truly sure about that move?
>>
>World starts waking up to Turkish bullshit after jet shot down
Obama has to do something g before the charges of complacency (from the US) start to get real serious. We have credibility at stake (what little is left)
>>
>>3497
>how can the USA pressure Turkey?

By threatening to support the Kurds create Kurdistan. Promise them we'll legitimize their state, let them carve it out of whatever territory they can seize from ISIS, and the rest is history. We'd have an ally in the Middle East that is 1) already friendly to the West, 2) opposes ISIS, 3) owes us one, big time, as opposed to these fair-weather friends like Turkey or backstabbing cunts like Israel and the Saudis.
>>
>>3981
That would seriously piss off the Iraqi government and a lot of other people besides. I'd see that backfiring.
>>
>>4047
Iraq has a government?
I can only see it pissing Iran off that we would care about.
>>
>>3497
>How will the USA achieve this?
Use Russia
>>
>>3981
>opposes ISIS
Turkey has been actively helping ISIS since 2012.
ISIS soldiers are being treated in Turkish hospitals
Turkey buys oil from ISIS
Turkey has never actually bombed ISIS, only the Kurds, who where the ones actively fighting ISIS.
>>
Are they still fighting over Aleppo or did someone take it?
>>
>>4047
>piss off the Iraqi government

Who gives a shit? Iran is the only one of concern, them and Shitsrael I guess, but without US dollars Israel can't 'defend' itself so they'll shut the fuck up and fall in line to keep the cash flowing. Let Netanyahu get red in the face and yell about it if it makes him feel better, at the end of the day his country lives or dies by our charity.

>>4072
You misunderstood, Anon. I meant that the Kurds oppose ISIS. I know that Turkey doesn't do jack shit to oppose ISIS, but makes a point of bombing the Kurds whenever possible. I knew the Turks were scum during the battle of Kobani earlier this year when they refused to allow the PKK to pass through the region and join the fight. Trusting these cunts, no matter how short the leash, is going to get us bit.
>>
>>4490
We don't trust them. Were using them. Look at the price of gas. You think that "just happened" because of the "market"?
>>
Turks are getting pressured a lot lately.
All deserved too.
>>
USA - World Police
>>
>>4524
fracking
>>
>>4641
Fracking reduced oil prices to below the cost of production?
>>
>>4657
It's a wild world out there!
>>
BUILD WALL?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.