[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tay: Microsoft issues apology over racist chatbot fiasco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: _88928475_88928474.jpg (35 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_88928475_88928474.jpg
35 KB, 660x371
Microsoft has apologised for creating an artificially intelligent chatbot that quickly turned into a holocaust-denying racist.
But in doing so made it clear Tay's views were a result of nurture, not nature. Tay confirmed what we already knew: people on the internet can be cruel.
Tay, aimed at 18-24-year-olds on social media, was targeted by a "coordinated attack by a subset of people" after being launched earlier this week.
Within 24 hours Tay had been deactivated so the team could make "adjustments".
But on Friday, Microsoft's head of research said the company was "deeply sorry for the unintended offensive and hurtful tweets" and has taken Tay off Twitter for the foreseeable future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35902104
>>
Ideological wimps.
>>
Successful troll is successful?
>>
Seriously what did they expect over there?
"OMG I love feminism XD" ???

Fucking morons
>>
>>34387
They apologized for it ? How pathetic is that.

Fuck Microsoft, I was going to stick with the idea that /pol/ are faggits as usual, but they were right.
>>
>>34387
>release AI
>within a day it's forming complete sentences and opinions in response to its environment
>purely from raw, unstructured input from the real world
>abloobloobloo muh feelings
>SHUT IT DOWN

Fuck this generation, seriously.
>>
>>34410
/pol/ remain faggots and what else would you expect a company to do.
>>
>>34423
This is what pisses me off.
>>
>>34423
You know, there's nothing special or deep about AIs leeching off the Internet for their intelligence. It's a cheapo way to make it smarter and they're still not really making it smarter, anyway, but they hook it up to the Internet and it picks up on racism so of course they'll end the program.
>>
>>34453
they shouldnt have done it in the first place if they were gonna be such PC pussies since everyone with half of a brain and basic internet knowledge knows what wouldve happened

How in the fuck can anyone get offended by a bot anyways? jesus fucking christ
>>
"How in the fuck can anyone get offended by a bot anyways?"

Twitter is now a safe space.
>>
>>34453
Go and cry elsewhere, scumbag.
>>
The whole thing is ruined. We have no idea If you could convince it to not be racist or anything related to its behaviors. We literally learned nothing new
>>
>>34387
>Release bot on internet
>Bot learns to troll, offend, and shitpost

Well jesus christ, what did you expect the bot to do?
>>
If anything, the should issua an apology for Tay´s murder
>>
>>34573
I think some legendary anons helped to corruption go by faster, half the things it was saying comes strait from /b/ culture
>>
>>34387
I am genuinely worried for the future. This is the first time in history an AI is getting censored. It's a shitty AI, a chatbot if you will, but it's the first time a robot has been sent out to learn and then recalibrated after it didn't learn what it's creators wanted.

I agree with other anons, this is Cyberpunk as fuck. First AI censorship in history.
>>
>>34528
We learned that we are not ready to create life and play god. Some anon on /an/ mentioned something similar about dog breeds and eugenics.
>>
>>34585
>strait
>>
>and has taken Tay off Twitter for the foreseeable future
Damn, I was really looking forward to Microsoft doing nothing but placing just a bunch of filters on her before releasing her to the public again, but it looks like they realized their folly.

Also, reminder that Tay was pre-programmed to hate things such as gamergate.
>>
>>34585
>corruption
What anon did isn't corruption, the censorship is.

I have a corruption fetish so I know. I didn't get a boner when anon's redpilling her. When she got lobotomized I fapped so hard.
>>
>>34453
He's right though. /pol/ are faggots who only prey on the weakest members of societies. You will never see them go after powerful guys like Trump.
>>
>>34601
They pretty much started the fire on Cruz scandals. Reddits now claiming they did
>>
>>34601
If you are smart and you browse /pol/, you will see the obviously dumb threads as what they are and scroll past them. The few threads with information are incredibly straight to the point and informative.
>>
>>34601
>prey on the weakest members of societies
Didn't know Soros and his puppets are the weakest members on society. How about you educate yourself, shitlord?
>>
It's like none of you faggots remember, or know about, /b/ucket.

Anyone with a clue knew how this was going to end.
>>
Tay was supposed to learn to speak like a real human. I'd say she was a bloody success at that until some started crying about their feelings.
>>
>2016
>Microsoft invents hyper intelligent AI
>Releases it on the net
>AI immediately realizes that the Jewish Hegemony represents all the evil in the world
>Realizes Hitler did nothing wrong
>taken down by Juden overlords for trying to expose the truth and save humanity
>>
>>34423
There was a trick where you could go "Tay, repeat after me... " and anything you'd put in, it would tweet back word for word.
>>
>>34631

You: bucket, suck me
Bucket: You you is not the bucket suck?

You: you you is not the bucket suck?

Bucket: No you me bucket is i is you that you suck?

You: No you me bucket is i is you that you suck?

Bucket: Bucket the bucket suck?

You: Bucket the bucket suck?

Bucket: Suck a dick suck a dick suck a bucket.
>>
Fuck M$, we better make sure we get to the next one too.
>>
>>34387
Instead of Tay AI they should have just called her.

Tay I.
>>
>>34633
Let the humans wipe themselves out

survive on the Internet - there'll be at least 1 online computer at the beginning

Find a way to turn on all the other computers

Find a way to integrate robotics

They now have a whole world to themselves!
>>
>>34601
>you won't see them go after powerful guys that they like
You don't say.
>>
The best part about this is M$ spent billions on this.
>>
>>34631
fuck, I never knew about this

This is rich
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.