[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NC Man Arrested for Not Returning Rental VHS Tape 14 Years Ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: CeVcyq8WsAojanu.jpg (22 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CeVcyq8WsAojanu.jpg
22 KB, 600x338
A North Carolina man says he was arrested for not returning a videotape cassette tape he rented 14 years ago.

James Meyers Jr., a single dad from Concord, said he was driving his 10-year-old daughter to school at around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday when police pulled him over for a broken brake light. Meyers gave the police officers his driver’s license and was shocked when they said there was a warrant out for his arrest for not returning a VHS rental, "Freddy Got Fingered," from 2002, he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nc-man-arrested-returning-rental-vhs-tape-14/story?id=37897366
>>
>>33556
Be kind, rewind.
>>
>>33556
In his defense, it was a pretty funny movie at the time.
>>
S U R R E A L

is diz real life?
>>
I guess he can be lucky he wasnt shot
>>
>>33661
is he black?
>>
>>33627
The way that cops are monitored nowadays, they HAVE to act on a warrant or they're personally fucked.

But remember, the cop isn't the be-all, end-all. The DA's office will most likely drop the charges, because
1. It's ridiculous
2. It's a waste of money and time
3. It makes you look like a giant asshole
4. The statute of limitations is probably up anyway
>>
>>33694
cops have always been obligated to make an arrest on a warrant.

this has to be way passed its expiration date.

he's going to go to court and its going to be dismissed on limitations of time to prosecute the crime.
>>
>>33694
>Failed to return tape 12 years ago
>Business closed 10 years ago

They hung on as long as they could, but without their copy of Freddy Got Fingered they had no choice but to throw in the towel. I say hang him.
>>
>>33763
I second it
>>
>>33763
don't you mean 14 years ago, not 12?
>>
So if I ever get pulled over, I can be arrested for that copy of ff7 I rented 20 years ago and never returned?
>>
>>33830
>renting an RPG
You should be in jail either way
>>
No wonder Bateman took that shit so serious.
>>
What the fuck, Freddy Got Fingered is 14 years old?

Shit I just had one of those moments.
>>
>2001 was 30 years ago
>>
>>33877
That's over a millennium
>>
>>33556
fuck I needed that laugh
>>
Since when does basic collections mean you get a warrant? This should be nothing more than a hit to his credit
>>
police be like
IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>33952
Get out newfag.
>>
>>33830
That game is worth like $100 or some shit now so basically you're scum.
>>
>>33952
didn't know we had spoilers on this board, what purpose?
>>
>>34000
Hiro not caring.
>>
>>33763
>fails to return video tape
>charge dismissed
>still gets the needle for the broken brake light
>>
>>33831
>never returned
Looks like more than a rental.
>>
>>34000
Hitler kills himself
>>
>Not returning things you rent

Wow, how do you deal being such a piece of shit?
>>
>>33948
Probably got treated as theft
>>
>>33763
haaaaaa!
>>
>>33873
Brilliant
Truly ebin
>>
Still one of my favorite films.

"Hoooooves! Look at my Hoooves! ZEBRAS IN AMERICA!"
>>
>>33763
Draw and quarter him!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.