[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Cronyism Is on Full Display In Paris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Planet-385x200.jpg (31 KB, 385x200) Image search: [Google]
Planet-385x200.jpg
31 KB, 385x200
PARIS–Cronyism is on display here at the United Nations climate conference (COP21), as developing countries aren’t the only ones trying to cash in on carbon regulations.

The conference is full of exhibitors showcasing their carbon cutting technologies–each of which would benefit greatly from taxing carbon or forcing commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

The general conference arena contains rooms filled with vendors demonstrating how their business is reducing mankind’s carbon footprint. They include:

Reinsurance companies (warning against greater costs from extreme weather events).
Water systems companies.
Companies that make charging stations for electric vehicles.
Organizations dedicated to planting more trees.
Companies dedicated to capturing carbon from power plants and storing it underground.

The list is certainly exhaustive. The problem with all of them, however, is that they’re in Paris pushing for special privileges that will help their businesses at the expense of their competitors and at the expense of a competitive free market.

It doesn’t matter what policies are advocated for – subsidies for carbon free energy technologies, a Green Climate Fund that finances green projects in developing countries, regulations that restrict the use of carbon-emitting natural resources or a carbon tax – those with special connections will benefit and the costs will be dispersed among the rest of us.

These are policies that will cost American households and businesses – at least those businesses not connected to politicians and bureaucrats – leading to lower levels of output, income and employment.

Because more than 80 percent of America and the world’s energy needs are met through carbon-emitting conventional fuels like natural gas and coal, reducing CO2 emissions will increase energy prices and force consumers to use less.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/12/10/green-cronyism-is-on-full-display-in-paris/
>>
>>8024
>The conference is full of exhibitors showcasing their carbon cutting technologies–each of which would benefit greatly from taxing carbon or forcing commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

The Environmentalist movement has been co-opted by Wall Street which smells the massive profits that will come from manipulating "carbon credits", the hippies just haven't caught on to it yet and won't until it's too late and we're all fucked.
>>
>some people are financially motivated to reduce the use of fossil fuels!
>fossil fuel industry has nothing at stake
Which industry spend more money lobbying the U.S. government?

>reducing CO2 emissions will increase energy prices and force consumers to use less.
I bet everyone in Bejing wishes they'd been paying more and using less for the last 20 years.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/world/asia/beijing-smog-pollution.html
>>
>>8024
>Implying that it's possible for a westernised economy to cut down on energy useage in any way other than better engineering.
>He doesn't know that cheap electronic consumables are about the only thing distracting the majority of people under 30 from rioting in the streets. The other thing is the SJW... counter riots? False Flag Riots?
>Implying that renewable energy isn't a win for everyone aside from the oil companies.

>>8062
>Implying op isn't an oil shill

I'm not saying that I believe every single statistic the green lobby spits out, but securing humanities energy needs for the next few centuries in exchange for a few white lies is a burden I'm willing to bear.
>>
>>8123
>"renewable" energy
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.