[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In America, a baby is born dependent on opioids every 19 minutes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: toni-schlier-and-baby.jpg (62 KB, 428x614) Image search: [Google]
toni-schlier-and-baby.jpg
62 KB, 428x614
http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/baby-opioids/
>>
>>7107
This shit gets my blood boiling. Opiate addicts need to be sterilized.
>>
>Being born drug-dependent didn’t kill these children. Each recovered enough to be discharged from the hospital. What sealed their fates was being sent home to families ill-equipped to care for them.

>Like Brayden, more than 40 of the children suffocated. Thirteen died after swallowing toxic doses of methadone, heroin, oxycodone or other opioids. In one case, a baby in Oklahoma died after her mother, high on methamphetamine and opioids, put the 10-day-old girl in a washing machine with a load of dirty laundry.

Sterilize the mother and take the kids away, at least until she demonstrates that she is clean and can remain so.
>>
>>7117
What about the father?
What if the father is addicted?
>>
>>7107
I know a girl right now that is addicted to heroin (smoking) and she is 7 weeks. I'm trying to convince her to kill it and get clean.
>>
>>7118
No point in sterilizing the father. The baby doesn't gestate inside him and acquire his addiction.

Do you think sterilization is too heavy handed? I don't. It's justifiable to prevent another child from going through this anguish.

>Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome are sometimes born into excruciating misery. As they go through withdrawal, some shake, struggle to eat and often sputter and choke during feedings. They suffer fits of sneezing and severe diarrhea. Many begin crying at the smallest stimulus, including a mother’s smile. They can cry with such force that their bodies shudder.
>>
>>7180
>bringing back eugenics
Nice try. I kind of wish the state would stop paying for those who arr inherently incapable of working, though.
>>
>>7332
It's not eugenics, as the decision to sterilize isn't based on determining her genes to be superior or inferior. It's based purely on the altruistic concern of preventing another newborn from suffering what is described as "excruciating misery."
>>
>>7107
Alcohol is actually far worse for developing newborns. The effect of opiates only necessitates a period of withdraw for the baby. That pain is bad, but dooming your child to permanent defects is evil.
>>
>>7345
Yes, why let people in inferior situations breed?
>>
>>7455
Again, it's not about the mother's situation. It's about the situation she creates for her offspring. The prevention of suffering in those least able to fend for themselves takes primacy over some nebulous "right to reproduce."
>>
>>7464
Glass the 3rd world countries and prevent the poor from breeding too, while you're at it.
>>
>>7117
A woman beat you to the punch:
Radiolab did a story on it and one of the people was super butthurt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Prevention
>>
>>7696
Why do you keep trying to make me out to be the monster I'm not? I'm not a Nazi. I'm not a mass murderer. I'm an antinatalist. Nothing more.

>>7696
>Critics argue that preferring that babies be born not addicted to drugs or otherwise disabled is a manifestation of an able-bodied supremacist notion of the value of human life.

o i'm laffin'
>>
>>7696
Sounds good.
>>
>>7699
I see where they're coming from, but likening their clientele to dogs is not a good move.
>>
>>7701
There are plenty of situations where it'd be a hard life should a baby be born. Deciding to draw the line there seems to be arbitrary and based on a personal itch rather than any good reasoning. Why not sterilize the poorest?
>>
>>7815
Nah, it's a great move as far as the interests of society are concerned.
>>
>>7345
I think you should be sterilized. If you're posting on 4chan you're probably a neet. You've made the choice to be a fat neckbearded loser. I guess it might be a waste of sterilization tho, doesn't look like you're having sex any time soon.

I agree with voluntary sterilization sterilization via force is too fucking Orwellian you fucking edge master...
>>
>>7900
chill.

You can disagree, after all it's impractical to implement, grey-ethical, etc, but you have to be pretty stupid to call "edgy" an attempt to prevent children to be born in such a shitty situation
>>
>>7332
>People killing themselves is Eugenics!

Please..
>>
>>7455
just because someone is poor, it doesnt mean they have to be a junkie. and if you ever spent a meaningful amount of time around junkies, you would know they arent fit to be parents and only raise future criminals.
>>
>>7818
why are you shitposting so hard, this has nothing to do with economic class. plenty of rich people boot up on a regular basis and are just as unfit to be parents.
>>
>>9452
>deflecting
Are you too inconsistent to draw a line on how much suffering is "too much to bear"?
>>
>>7818
it is very arbritary, it's true. Setting a line for the poor would never be agreed upon for different reasons, let alone deciding where to put the line.

But with opioid addiction it's much easier, as it has quatifiable biological effects, and it's most likely the parent's fault (of course, not always).
Maybe other cases should be banned, or maybe not; we'll never agree. But at least let's ban those that ARE evident. It's unfair that only children of addicts could be spared, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>7107
kek what a meme race whites are honestly.. cucks of the highest order.

atleast it explains the school shooters and retarded mayos that i had in school
>>
>>10874
As annoying as this race b8 is I would have to say that all heroin addicts I've seen I always White and meth addicts always white

In a school of which has lots of people what many skin tones I've always seen it's always the white kids doing drugs , hard drugs like cocaine and heroin
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.