[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Druggie scum BTFO - Pothead guilty of killing daughter in car crash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1
File: pothead_400x400.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
pothead_400x400.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35864035

>A mother has been found guilty of killing her daughter and her son's girlfriend in a car crash after smoking cannabis.

>Anastasia James, 37, smoked the drug before the crash on the M1 in Leicestershire in January 2014, Leicester Crown Court heard.
Her daughter, Destiny James-Keeling, 14, and Megan Marchant, 18, died when James's car came off the motorway at 70mph and struck a tree.

>Forensic scientist David Berry told the jury that traces of cannabis found in James's blood would have probably "impaired" the motorist. He said it was "impossible" she had smoked the drug passively.

b-b-b-but cannabis is harmless! b-b-b-but alcohol and cigarettes!
>>
>>30954
how the fuck is this even evidence? you cant drink and drive and you cant smoke and drive,only fucking autists dont know this.
>>
>>30954
>this cunt thinks the fact that getting high impairs you driving is new news.

Most people know this, hence why there are roadside drug tests in many countries.
>>
It is harmless, but driving stoned can be hard for some people, some people can drive stoned. Just like sober people can't drive for shit and some sober people can drive really well. It is all about self awareness

Just like driving on the phone, some people can't multitask and the mass is punished for the few
>>
Doesn't the UK have more strict laws on Marijuana than most other places?
>>
>>30963
It is a class b here, used to be a c, it is legally serious, but you are given about 3 warnings before you are put on any criminal record. I think you are only giving a warning if you have enough for them to think you are a dealer
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11767001/Three-more-police-forces-signal-that-they-will-turn-blind-eye-to-cannabis-use.html

In the north and London, many people smoke weed
>>
>>30961
>Just like driving on the phone, some people can't multitask and the mass is punished for the few
It's not that.

Her intoxication led to the crash. She was sentenced as someone who was drunk driving, agitated by the fact she was using an illegal substance.
>>
I've met people that literally said to me that when they're high they drive better. All of them told me they have heightened senses and better reaction after smoking some.

Who to believe?
>>
>>30974
It's wiser not to believe the users over the observers.

>DUDE WEED LMAO, I CAN TOTALLY DRIVE
>>
>>30974
I can park better when high because I am paranoid like fuck. You don't drive better, you just get less agitated at bad drivers and traffic. You are distracted by thought
>>
>>30977
im a user and i dont smoke and drive.
>>
1 in a fucking what, million? Yet DUI deaths are through the roof..
>>
>people get into accidents while sober

B-b-b-b-but being sober is harmless!

>muh anecdotal evidence

>>30972
>her intoxication led to the crash
How do you know this? If it's because weed was in her system, then you're being a fool and not considering all of the possible factors that led to the accident.
>>
>>31011
so are you going to assume her defence and the judge did not even consider other options?
>>
>had previously been involved in drug education and has a degree in youth and community development.

Nice going mom
>>
>>31012
I asked you how you knew. Can you answer my question without a question?
>>
>>31015
oh sorry, not that anon.
>>
>>30954
this happens literally all the time with alcohol, but I don't see threads about it

being intoxicated while driving kills people
>who'd a thunk it
>>
Being high makes me drive like an old people. Old people are still allowed to drive.

That being sad, old people probably shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore.
>>
You shouldn't drive while intoxicated, plain and simple, I've rear ended someone while driving high. It's not a good idea to drive under the influence of anything
>>
>>31025
Because alcoholics don't try to make the argument that there's nothing wrong with driving drunk.
>>
>>30954
Dude, the newer generations are smoking grass, deal with it, reaccionarist have existed for millenia and the all just die, and the world keeps spinning...
>>
>>30954
b-b-b-but you're a COMPLETE DICKHEAD
0/10
>>
>>30954
ITT: Marijuana Internet Defense Force with the damage control
>>
>>31094
I fucking hate pothead punks.
WHY DON'T YOU THROW MORE EGGS AT MY FUCKING HOUSE?
FUCKING PUNKS.
>>
>>31051
Except that one organization that does exactly that... or maybe it's just a famous dude, I can't be fucked to remember or look it up. Either way.
>>
Thats why I usually dont drive for weeks and months after smoking some.

Shit stays in your system for a while and if you get into a crash while sober the police will still fuck you up after a test.
>>
Perhaps her daughter grabbed the wheel and she crashed. No one knows.
>>
>>31125
perhaps an alien teleported from the two green comets and grabbed the steering wheel and she crashed. No one knows.
>>
ITT: people desperately trying to blame marijuana for idiotic behaviour

Whether it be legal or not this shit will happen. How many people get into car accidents with no substance use at all? People are stupid, fucking let them be. We have a population crisis as it is. Just view this as natural selection, not marijuana's influence.
>>
>>31145
>perhaps an alien teleported from the two green comets and grabbed the steering wheel and she crashed. No one knows.
>>
B-b-b-b-bait!
>>
>>31011
>How do you know this?
The hint is in the verdict. Two counts of causing death by careless driving when under influence of drink or drugs. That the crown court handed down that verdict, means that they were presented with proof that she was unfit to drive at the time and that it was the cause of her crash.

Furthermore, because you seem to think that I or HMCS care about the distinction between her being out of her mind and slightly addled - she needn't have been completely out of her mind to qualify. That it made her unfit to drive was enough.

>you're being a fool and not considering all of the possible factors
Was it slightly wet? Was the other driver at fault? Was xyz a factor? Did abc take place?

Cry me a river, anon. The sentence has been handed down, and they've taken into consideration those mitigating factors, although none of the ones I've mentioned applied. There was no other car. The traces of the drug in her system indicated she would have been unable to drive at that time.

>>31125
Pathetic. The daughter's prints were not found on the wheel. No other person was addled.

>>31145
SHE was sentenced, and NOT a greenhouse full of weed.

Nobody is blaming your precious drug. If she had but been responsible, and smoked it after she was done with her car for the day, and not before, there would be no accident. She made a reckless decision, and she's now paying for it.

OP baited you not so subtly, and you took it.
>>
Yeah but driving while intoxicated by anything is wrong.
>>
I smoke weed occasionally, but anyone who thinks they should be allowed to drive while stoned is a piece of shit.
>>
>>30954
You're an idiot.
>>
It's impossible to attribute her collision to the weed just because it was in her blood stream. If I'm not mistaken, cannabinoids stays in one's bloodstream for several days to a week (as opposed to alcohol's 12 hours or so). So she could have smoked up the day before or much earlier that day and been practically sober, and gotten into the accident by sheer happenstance. Her story about losing control of the car doesn't sound complete unbelievable if there was a steering or suspension problem.

Cannabis isn't typically associated with traffic accidents because it noids people out and makes them more likely to drive extremely cautiously, i.e. slower speeds and greater following distances.
>>
>druggies are retards

Who knew.
>>
>>31212
Go back to pol and wallow in your cheap liquor
>>
>>31249
>That
>A /pol/ opinion
Found the druggie retard.
>>
>>31210
this tbqh
>>
>>30954
No one ever said DUI was harmliss, numbskull. Anyway, given enough fatal accidents, one of the drivers is bound to be high, that's just statistics.
>>
>druggie scum
A little weed isn't that bad, shit like ketamine and meth is much worse
>>
>>31249
you do realize this is our colony?
>>
>>30954
The problem was having multiple people in the car.

Most accidents happen by distracted driving from completely sober individuals.
>>
>>30954
As much as I hate potheads, this is hardly a justice. My heart has to go out to her. She'll never be able to live with the guilt.

What does it mean when it said impossible for her to ha e smoke passively?
>>
>>30954
They can be seen in the system for over 30 days ... thats why so many pll are in prison for them.
>>
What a nice cherry picked example. More people die crashing on rainy days, maybe we should ban that too
>>
>>30954

>breaking news, it's dumb to drive when you're high as a kite

I've already lost hope for this board.
>>
>only time I've ever been near to having an accident I've been sober
>>
>>30954
>tfw OP cares more about the dead user than the dead daughter
>>
>>30998
Reported
>>
accident was probably gonna happen anyways
>>
>>31379
>our
>>
>>30954
cant tell if youre a troll or retarded
>>
>>30954
I'm a "smoke weed every day" stoner, and this pisses me off.

You smoke a doob, you don't drive. Simple as that.
>>
>>30961
>It is harmless, but driving stoned can be hard for some people, some people can drive stoned. Just like sober people can't drive for shit and some sober people can drive really well. It is all about self awareness
holy fuck this is the most ignorant thing Ive read.
I have had people say the exact same thing about how they can drive while severely intoxicated.
>>
>>30974

Most accidents are caused by overreacting to unexpected events. The science is in. People get in less accidents high on pot, not more.

Not none either, but correlation is not causation, you fucking pleb.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.