[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout of the Ian Duncan Smith resignation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1458552749194.gif (272 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458552749194.gif
272 KB, 500x281
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35858101

Does /news/ think Smith's resignation as head of the department of work and pensions will have major repercussions for the Conservative party? Cameron is already having to come out to defend himself after Smith's attacks while on Marr, Osborne looks to be in a terrible position with opposition mounting in his own party.

Will Labour be able to capitalise on this? Yougov had their first poll with Labour with a one point lead a few days previous to the budget, though it should be added that Yougov's online polling sometimes overestimates opposition parties, or those with active grassroots supporters. Or will everyone just forget this ever happened, Cameron and Osborne weather the storm and the Tories win big in 2020 again.
>>
It will be all but forgotten by 2020.
>>
There will be large repurcussions for the Conservative Party, yes. This basically puts the nail in the coffin for Osborne's hopes of becoming the next leader.

However, I doubt Labour will capitalise as they are currently incompetent
>>
Give it 3 months and nobody will care.
Is it even clear why he resigned? I've been hearing both pensions and EU shit.
>>
>>30971
he actually resigned because of a damning document that was made public under the freedom of information act the day before.
that showed how he had totally failed in spending money and changed figures on how many people had killed themselves etc.

he used the benefits thing as an excuse to make himself look like the good guy.
>>
>>30875
He's one of the Conservative party's main line sluggers, so yes, it's going to have major repercussions.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.