[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heavier than Higgs-Boson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: cern-lhc.jpg (35 KB, 496x331) Image search: [Google]
cern-lhc.jpg
35 KB, 496x331
Heavier than Higgs-Boson.

http://www.ibtimes.com/cern-lhc-update-hunt-particle-may-break-physics-standard-model-resume-soon-2339001
>>
Is it a new particle though? An addition to Quarks, Gluons, & Bosons?!
>>
>>30577

In December, researchers at European Organization for Nuclear Research(CERN) spottedtantalizing cluesof ayet-undiscovered particle heavier than the famous Higgs boson.
>>
>>30613
it's probably just your mom
>>
>>30729
Oh, snap!

http://i.imgur.com/xgz9nkR.gif
>>
>>30757
>Oh, snap!
>http://i.imgur.com/xgz9nkR.gif
I feel like half of us are over 40.
And I love it.
>>
somebody read it for me
>>
>>30768
Yeah. I can imagine the horror of having to shut the fuck up when the adults are talking. It just puts the vice-grips on their mental health.
>>
>>30770
I just did. Did you get all of it? Want me to explain anything again?
>>
>>30811
i want you to read it out loud
>>
>>30577

It's probably a boson. They're working with a vanishingly small number of detections (something like 50 between every detector at the LHC), and more data is needed before they can say that it's definitely a new particle, and start identifying its properties. It looks like it's either spin 0 or spin 2.
>>
>>30577

Ohh yes, is very exciting. It's expected to be named the Fundon. The Granton and Tenureon flesh out the other two generations. Like bosons, you can have a seemingly infinite number occupy the same quantum author state; which results in peculiar effects like anyone so much as breaking wind within a fifty kilometer radius of the main ring of the accelerator receiving credit.
>>
>>30824
Like I said, I just did. Are you fucking deaf?
>>
>>30866
kek
>>
>>30866
Yeah this basically
best guess is that they're chasing the weird motion at a distance of an extant Higgs Boson, and they're basically just amusing themselves with the world's most expensive toy

kind of beautifully hilarious, in an objective sort of way.. like watching cats to calculus
>>
>>31043
Techonolgy is for the rich, they'll decide if the fire is given to the poor
>>
Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't the Higgs supposed to be the super particle which held our reality together?

I heard that for supersymetry to be true, we would need to find more particles, otherwise the Higgs is only temporary. I thought it was supposed to be the heaviest particle which allowed it to hold our reality together.
>>
>>31148
If I've learned anything from getting a bachelors in chem is that scientists lie to make trends easier to understand as opposed to spending all of your time explaining one phenomenon that renders a theory incomplete.
>>
>>31148
Everybody and their grandmothers know that the Higgs Boson was just the beginning of the mystery of particle physics. It opened the door to which we now can walk in and find the truth out for ourselves.
>>
>>31053
>they'll decide if the fire is given to the poor
>they'll make bets to decide if the fire is given to the poor
>>
>>30575
>now see a 1.9 sigma excess at 750 GeV.
they need atleast 5 sigma to be somewhat certain
>>
>>31194
the truth is obvious, with all this we simply run in circles.
>>
>>30768
+1.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.