[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smith & Wesson says "News Events" drove firearms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Houston_Gun_SHow[1].jpg (142 KB, 800x552) Image search: [Google]
Houston_Gun_SHow[1].jpg
142 KB, 800x552
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/business/smith-wesson-says-news-events-drove-firearm-sales-higher.html

>Smith & Wesson reported a better-than-expected 61 percent jump in quarterly revenue, at a time when the American presidential election campaigns and recent shootings have stoked concerns about stricter gun laws. Shares of the company were up about 5 percent in extended trading. Smith & Wesson’s chief, P. James Debney, told analysts in a conference call that demand for firearms was a result of the short-term influences of “potential impact of news events and the current political environment.” Firearm net sales jumped 56.4 percent, to $194.7 million, in the third quarter, from a year earlier. Michael O. Fifer, the chief of a rival, Sturm Ruger, said last week he expected an increase in demand if a Democrat became president. Net income almost quadrupled to $31.4 million, or 56 cents a share, in the third quarter ended Jan. 31, from $8.1 million, 15 cents a share, a year earlier. Revenue rose to $210.8 million.
>>
Sage - this thread has been spammed ad nauseum.
>>
>>27079
what the hell are you talking about? where has it been spammed?
>>
>>27080
On /news/ you weaboo faggit!
>>
>>27084
A. I'm not a weeb, and B. you're full of shit, C. if you don't like what he article says then just say so but there is not reason to lie openly like that
>>
>>26924
Yep, this happens every election season. The effect is more pronounce on Presidential election years.

It's a good opportunity to pick up a few bare-bones ARs and flip them for a profit when panic buying sets in.
>>
>>27084
>you weaboo faggit!
You are pants on head retarded
>>
>>27132
Hands down favourite expression.
>>
>>27134
Too bad we can't post the image on this board...
>>
>>26924
If the background check is only to check the person buying a gun, why is the gun identified on the form?
Unless the form is used to create a database for gun confiscation that is.
>>
>>27183
Why does having a database automatically mean it will be used for confiscation?
>>
>>27187
Multiple people in government stating they wanted gun confiscation.

>Do I have to post the link to the video of Senator Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein again?
>>
>>27194
>>Do I have to post the link to the video of Senator Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein again?
It sounds like you believe every piece of NRA propaganda you read. True gun confiscation is an unconstitutional pipe dream and you know it, database or not. If they wanted to take your guns that bad they would just declare martial law. Works every time, the last was in 2005 during Hurricane Katrina.
>>
>>27196
>Police disarmed law abiding citizens
>Police with guns
>Niggers with guns
>POLICE NIGGERS WITH GUNS
>Shots every few minutes
>I judge how much shit you were in by how close the shot was
>Crazy running gun battles in neighborhoods
>Aid workers getting rob at gun point
>Swedish rape levels

Don't fucking remind me how bad it is to be without a gun. The only places that you weren't robbed or raped on sight was neighborhoods that were protected by those crazy gun nuts.
>>
>>27209

You're forgetting
>White trash bigots with guns
>Conspiracy nuts with guns
>Religious nutters with guns
>Tweakers with guns
>Drug lords with guns

And how. Try living in the Deep South where Joe Jeb Bob pulls a shotgun on everyone he suspects of being a queer.

>The only places that you weren't robbed or raped on sight was neighborhoods that were protected by those crazy gun nuts.

You're seriously fucking retarded. The South is full of white trash tweakers who wouldn't hesitate to blow your brains out for the spare change in your pocket, and those crazy gun nuts you love so much are too busy sitting around in their basements full of stockpiled black market weapons planning for the next Aryan revolution.

I own a gun *specifically* to protect myself from these jackasses.
>>
>>27213

What the fuck is this shit. Is this Reddit? Die in a fire you wacky Lefty lunatic
>>
>>27232
t. /pol/
>>
>>27232
>you give good reasons to have a gun
>he gives good reasons to have a gun
>he's a lefty lunatic
>you're pure aryan ubermench protecting 'murrica from niggers

lefty lunatics are anti-gun. they don't own guns for any reason.
>>
>>27274
they own guns, they just dont want YOU to own a gun
>>
>>27359
Think if every adult black person in America had a gun but only 1 in 5 adult whites did.

Orgs like the NRA would quickly go out of business.
>>
>>27359
do you not know any left-wingers? they don't have guns. a gun owner in the US is either apolitical, centrist, or right. the Charlie Rose/NPR hipster crowd wouldn't know what to do with a gun if you handed them one.
>>
>>27371
2x Obama voting berniefag with a Walther PPK here. Eat shit.
>>
>>27379
Please move to Canada and don't vote. Or look up the confiscation of guns by fucking Canada of all things
>>
>>27379
okay, and when you bring that fact up to your peers, how do they react?

surely you realize you are an extreme outlier, because I'm the same as you (but all I have is a little .22 varmint rifle. I'd much rather have the Walther) All of my family and friends that are lefties fucking hate guns. my family and friends with guns are all libertarians or apolitical or right/center right.

In any event, my response was to >>27359. would you be so kind as to reply to that post, too? just so we're all on the same page here.
>>
>>27388
>how do they react?
Are you kidding? They always want me to take them to the range. I only go like once or twice a year but just mentioning I have a gun seems to make them think I go every weekend.
>surely you realize you are an extreme outlier
heh I think it's more likely that your information about what liberals do and think is flawed. I could see if you live on the east coast or in a big city that 'progressives' would act the way you describe but it sure as hell isn't that way in my neck of the woods in west of the Mississippi river. I even know 2 different vegan hipster types that have snubnose saturday night specials. I guess those are trendy now or something.
>>
>>27389
huh, weird. yeah, my experience is eastern, urban areas.

but my point was: he said about lefties
>they own guns, they just dont want YOU to own a gun.
from my perspective, that's ridiculous because the ones I know DON'T own any guns, and even me who has a (crappy) one is not trying to support any abridgement of the 2nd am. now there's lefties that DO want the 2nd am abridged, but they--in my experience--don't want them for themselves, either. that was my main point.

surely, you and the other western, gun-toting lefties aren't trying to disarm the rest of the nation, right? that poster is nuts, right?

>snubnose saturday night specials

that's a .38, right? that was my grandpa's favorite pistol. probably mine too, in my limited experience. guess I'm a hipster now.
>>
As a liberal it is my duty to buy stock in gun companies and vote liberal it's like orinting money thanks /k/
>>
>>26924
Why is this news? Seems like a no brainer.
If I thought my government was going to start banning more guns, with their history of grandfathering in existing owners? I would splurge like a motherfucker and buy any firearm that was already pushing what was allowed.
This article is like "government to ban cigarettes: smokers buy more cigarettes! Shocking news! More at 11"

>>27187
Because it has literally been misused in this way.
Canada used to have a gun registry up here. We still do for handguns, but for a while we had one for long guns too. But
A) it was misused by the RCMP to get warrants they otherwise would not have been able to get.
B) before a major flood, they broke into homes and looted guns (which were never returned) to "prevent them from being used during looting"
C) it was leaked to the media, because you literally cannot keep these things all that secret, and the fucking CBC had a copy. That would be like knowing that fox and nbc had a list of every law abiding gun owner. Because illegal gun owners... don't register. Consider now that you got into a justified argument at the corner store. No guns were involved, but where the news WOULD have been "man punches other man over argument" they now could see if you were on the list, and it becomes "gun nut assaults bystander over trivial matter!" Or if you were a politician, or local minister, and your gun ownership was trotted out against you.

All these things ACTUALLY HAPPENED here in Canada. So it was (almost) universally decided to repeal it, and chuck out/never update the long gun registry, as it violated peoples' rights. The exception being the Quebecois, who refused to get rid of it until a lawsuit was brought against them I believe.

I still think the handgun registry is just as bad, but there are so few Canadian handgun owners that it's practically impossible to make ourselves heard. We probably won't have a chance until the fucking RCMP misuse it again.
>>
>>27698
>Because it has literally been misused in this way.
Nice slippery slope.
>>
>>27731
Look at Australia. They required mandatory registration on firearms, and when they decided to make certain guns illegal everyone had to turn theirs in. Everyone who registered, anyway, which was not the majority.

There's still a bunch of firearms buried around farms and the outback.
>>
>>27734
Now you've moved on to comparing apples and oranges.
Australia has 1/12th the population the US does, and not even 1 million gun owners. Also they have a radically different constitution in Australia and don't have the same form of government as the US.

Again, if they wanted to take your guns they don't need registration to do it. Superior force is all that is required, and they have that in abundance.
>>
>>27735
Actually that was my first post in this thread.

And no, the government would not be able to confiscate every gun in the country. For one, there are more guns than people. There are also a lot more people than there are cops. Combine that with a lack of registration and you'll find that it's near impossible to see who owns a gun and who doesn't.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.