[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UN approves toughest sanctions on North Korea in 20 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: KimUnAirport.jpg (85 KB, 675x465) Image search: [Google]
KimUnAirport.jpg
85 KB, 675x465
http://bigstory.ap.org/40c90205458b49898462443723c67e85
>mandatory inspections of cargo leaving and entering North Korea by land, sea or air; a ban on all sales or transfers of small arms and light weapons to Pyongyang; and expulsion of diplomats from the North who engage in "illicit activities."
>It also bans aviation fuel exports to the country, including "kerosene-type rocket fuel."
>The resolution bans Pyongyang from chartering vessels or aircraft, and call on countries to "de-register" any vessel owned, operated or crewed by the North.
>As with previous resolutions, the test will be whether U.N. member states enforce the sanctions. A U.N. panel of experts monitoring the sanctions has repeatedly pointed out that enforcement in a significant number of cases has been weak.

What will Kim III the Fat do with his new airport without fuel? Will these sanctions even matter?
>>
>>26605
Will China or Russia actually refrain? Who knows, but hopefully he will feed his people.
>>
>>26607
Even if Chinese and Russian companies would circumvent the sanctions, I think it's symbolically significant that China and US together agreed on these terms. A nice 'fuck you' to Norks
>>
>>26618
This.
China is NK's biggest supporter and the only ones who can say anything that NK would actually care about.
>>
>>26605
Great, more smug /news/men

http://i.imgur.com/3fsGWbF.jpg
>>
Did the two >projectiles/^v"rockets" they fired in response do anything?

poop again?
>It is not yet known what type of projectile was fired, but it was likely either some type short-range ballistic missile – such as Scuds or Rodongs – or artillery rockets from a multiple rocket launcher (MRL), including possibly the North’s 300mm MRL, first publicly shown in a parade last October. The 300mm MRLs seen in October carried eight launch tubes each, so a single 300mm MRL could have been capable of conducting this morning’s launch.

https://www.nknews.org/2016/03/n-korea-fires-short-range-projectiles-off-east-coast/
>>
>>26618
A 'Fuck You" isn't freally the message for the North Koreans, They have a poop leader and Chiuna and Russcia have been trade allies with them for a time.

I can see them breaking this sanction because it bans coal exports. If north Kkorea is to pull itself up, with or with out a mmassive dick, it is gooing to have to rely on trade exportsd with other countriess as there is bum fuck they can gain from trading with themselves.
>>
>>26607
>Who knows, but hopefully he will feed his people.

The saddest thing is that we know he won't. Even with lighter sanctions, Kim and his administration were fine with keeping a broad section of their population just above total starvation.
These new sanctions might cripple NK's grander ambitions, but what it will hurt the most are the poor masses who will be forced to work more for less food in an attempt to compensate for what the country has lost thanks to sanctions. Unlike the poor of other countries, these people have literally no way to climb the ranks and secure themselves a better life without risking their lives to escape the country.

Not saying we shouldn't punish their government, it's just sad knowing that it will come at the cost of some thousand lives of people who's only crime was being born to Nork parents.
>>
>>26792
I don't want to throw good money after bad
>>
>>26777
Ebin happenings my friend.
>>
>>26605
Sanctions are pointless. They should just carpet bomb the place and be done with it.
>>
>>26817
They tried that in the 50's. As we know it didn't work out

>The reckless moves of the gangster-like U.S. imperialists running wild like wolves, crying out for "beheading operation" and "high-density strike," are bound to meet a miserable setback before long in face of the DPRK's sacred war against them.
>The American Empire suffered such greatest political and military tragedy as going downhill after surrendering to the Korean people though it boasted of being "strongest" in the Korean war.
>>
>>26817
That will just reinforce the idea that is similar to Boko Haram. The west is basically evil and the enemy.

Their populace is brain washed, they're not bad people, and taking out the dick will do nothing as well. What should happen is to inform and or educate the people on the outside world as they are very sheltered.
>>
>>26826
I don't think that "sheltered" is the right word lol. More like insulated.
>>
>>26826
I'm honestly surprised that this isn't brought up more often.

I can't personally think of any ways to do it outside of archaic means like literally dropping fliers in their country or something.

I think the outside world is seen as evil, hateful, so I doubt anything would convince them-- still, I'm confused as to how an almost entire country can be brainwashed like that when they're kept just above starving and shit.

I guess when you cut all media off, they can do whatever they want and then spin the story to their civilians. Damn. Circles, see? I can't figure it out but tl;dr I think that this point should be brought up more often.
>>
>>26844
They've done the flyer thing, and the military usually rounds up the fliers before they get public.

These people would be god awful if they had to assimilate. It would mean reprogramming on a massive scale.

Plus the Nork military will be OK during the sanctions and with China spiting its little Korean cousin, it could probably work enough to break the military into some concessions.
>>
Is the North Korean nuke going to dominate the news cycle?!
>>
KIM NEEDS TO KEEP CHAIN SMOKING HIS CIGS AND MEET WITH THE CHANCELLOR OF SOUTH KOREA AND REUNITE, WITH THE TERMS BEING THAT HE CAN CONTROL A CITY AND KEEP HIS BILLIONS FUCK THE NUKES
>>
>>26826
I thought South Korea dropped propaganda in nk and nk responded with piss and shit filled balloons
>>
>>26736
why tf would you link to an imgur on an imageboard
>>
>>27403
This is a textboard, though...
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.