[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FDA To Begin Testing Glyphosate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Roundup-008.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
Roundup-008.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
http://www.newsweek.com/fda-will-begin-testing-food-glyphosate-most-heavily-used-farm-chemical-ever-428790
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration confirmed on Thursday that it would begin testing for residues of the controversial herbicide glyphosate on foods sold in the U.S. for the first time this year. Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, is widely sprayed on American farms, and is the most-used agricultural chemical in the world. It has been labeled “probably carcinogenic to humans” by the United Nations’ International Agency for Research on Cancer, though a European food safety agency has disputed those claims.

The FDA says it didn’t test food for glyphosate in the past because the “available methods” would have been “very cost- and labor-intensive to implement.” The FDA’s action comes two years after the U.S. Government Accountability Office chastised the agency in a report for not sufficiently monitoring residues of the chemical on foods.

France has taken steps to limit the sale of Roundup in its stores, and the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden have also moved to restrict its use in certain cases. Meanwhile, in 2013, the EPA raised tolerance limits for human exposure to glyphosate for certain foods, stating with “reasonable certainty that no harm will result” from human exposure to the chemical.

Monsanto, the manufacturer of Roundup, maintains that the herbicide is safe.
>>
Cool. A good way to stimulate conversation is to include your thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>25025
Uhhh, ok
I use roundup and I hope the food I eat doesn't give me cancer? That's about all I have to say
>>
Thanks
>>
>The FDA says it didn’t test food for glyphosate in the past because the “available methods” would have been “very cost- and labor-intensive to implement
>Meanwhile, in 2013, the EPA raised tolerance limits for human exposure to glyphosate for certain foods, stating with “reasonable certainty that no harm will result” from human exposure to the chemical.

murica
>>
This has been decades in coming. They knew it was toxic in the 90s.
>>
>>25043

there was never any doubt its toxic

they just pulled the tried and true method of
>insignificant exposure
to wave away concerns
>>
>>25043
Most everything is toxic depending on concentration. You can use H2O2 diluted as a wound cleaner or mouth wash it throat gargle. But in higher concentrations it can burn through concrete and burn the skin.

Like how everyone freaked about mercury in vaccines, when you get a much, much higher exposure in a can of albacore tuna.
>>
>>25052
You know damn well the difference. Pure H202 isn't approved for spraying on plants prior to human consumption and doesn't leave a poisonous oily residue behind on everything it touches.
>>
>>25058
I don't think you understood my post at all.

Do you know what concentrations are?
>>
Isn't this the stuff that was used for agent orange or something. If so, it must be safe, surely.
>>
>>25069
I understood your post fully. It comes off like corporate damage control. There is no concentration limit for carcinogens.
>>
>>25069
>>25069
Different anon here. Interesting tidbit about the tuna, I looked that one up and found this article from a doctor's office right down the road from me

But to answer your question, I don't think the other guy is even reading your posts, though whether he understands what 'concentrations' are is debatable.

http://www.fairfaxpediatrics.com/Vaccine-Myths.html
>>
Hear hear
>>
>>25095
>Glyphosate
No that was Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin. Completely different bro
>>
>>25256
You sure it wasn't zyklon /b/
>>
>>25095
Same manufacturer, different product. Also producer of DDT and Mustard Gas. FYI
>>
>>25036
Well, Monsanto basically controlled the EPA, so they've gotten away with murder for decades now.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.